NH - Pamela Smart, Billy Flynn, in the murder of Greg Smart, 1990 *Guilty*

I think the article said "Life", but not sure about the parole part. My pc is acting up on me and won't open any links or I'd check for you! :mad:

True, but he was also seduced by a teacher...an adult that used a child to get her husband murdered. I think that at 16, he was being brainwashed by this woman. I do think he needed to go to jail...but I am glad he didn't get the death penalty. You are correct, a few more years won't hurt him. I forgot what she ended up getting. Anybody here remember?:behindbar
I agree with you. This kid's life was ruined, too. I do not think that he is a threat to anyone else and is truly remorseful for what he did, all at the urging of his teacher, who said that she was being abused by her husband.

There is a big difference in being a do gooder, wonderful husband and stepfather, etc while in prison and living that life on the outside. Besides, who cares if he is the most wonderful man alive now...he did a horrible crime and he should have to do the time. What if every prisoner decided that they should get out of prison after doing a certain number of years regardless of the sentence that they received!!! Wouldn't the world be a wonderful place to live! Poor Greg Smart didn't do a thing to this guy...he didn't even know hiim did he? I'll be Greg's family will fight this tooth and nail. I know I sure would.

I think the guy has probably changed a lot since he was 16 -- I know I have.

What bothers me is that he had the ability to kill someone -- an innocent man who was begging for his life -- in the first place.

What evil makes someone able to kill another person? I could never do that except by accident (meaning no one is at fault) or in self-defense.

To my way of thinking, there is a huge difference between people who can cold-bloodedly murder another person, and those of us who cannot.

That difference is enough for me to want the guy to stay in prison. Besides which, if I were a family member of the victim, I sure would not want his murderer to get out of jail.

RC

I think the guy has probably changed a lot since he was 16 -- I know I have.

What bothers me is that he had the ability to kill someone -- an innocent man who was begging for his life -- in the first place.

What evil makes someone able to kill another person? I could never do that except by accident (meaning no one is at fault) or in self-defense.

To my way of thinking, there is a huge difference between people who can cold-bloodedly murder another person, and those of us who cannot.

That difference is enough for me to want the guy to stay in prison. Besides which, if I were a family member of the victim, I sure would not want his murderer to get out of jail.

RC

I absolutely agree with you! Most "normal" people do not murder someone. This wasn't in the "heat of the moment" this was coldly and calculatedly planned. He deserves to rot in prison. He's already had more in life than he allowed Greg Smart to have...

True, but he was also seduced by a teacher...an adult that used a child to get her husband murdered. I think that at 16, he was being brainwashed by this woman. I do think he needed to go to jail...but I am glad he didn't get the death penalty. You are correct, a few more years won't hurt him. I forgot what she ended up getting. Anybody here remember?:behindbar

Pamela Smart was given a life sentence. :woohoo:

I agree with you. This kid's life was ruined, too. I do not think that he is a threat to anyone else and is truly remorseful for what he did, all at the urging of his teacher, who said that she was being abused by her husband.
--Remorseful?? BWAHAHAHA--He s NOT remorseful in the slightest, and even if he was(lie-detector time), who the hell cares? He murdered a young man, robbed this guy Greg of 50 or 60 years of HIS life--so he should ROT in jail for 50 years himself!--Why don't you explain your position to Greg's family?? I'm sure they would love it lol

The fact is that we're going to have to release some prisoners over the months and years. The question they need to ask themselves is whether they'd rather have this guy out on the streets or someone else. I think in a side-by-side comparison, he's probably the lesser of two evils.

I feel the same and was ashamed I felt that way. Thank you for saying it first.

The fact is that we're going to have to release some prisoners over the months and years. The question they need to ask themselves is whether they'd rather have this guy out on the streets or someone else. I think in a side-by-side comparison, he's probably the lesser of two evils.

Perfectly stated.

I agree with you both.

This kid was being manipulated by an adult (who was sexually abusing him) when he murdered Greg Smart. The boys were led to believe that G.S. was abusing his wife, without mercy, when they did it.

I don't think it would be a miscarriage of justice if they let him out early.

Now, that lying, conniving, beeyotch PAM SMART...she's another story!:furious:

Well, maybe in 3 years if he continues with his good behavior he will be released. I don't see that he's a high risk to reoffend with murder. He's not a pervert so we don't have to worry about that. He was 16 at the time, smitten with an adult teacher who took advantage of his love for her. Sure he didn't have to pull the trigger. If Pamela Smart were not involved at all, he never would have. I just don't see this guy as a risk to murder again. If he is so institutionalized after he gets out, then decides to get arrested again, they'll just send him back to prison anyway. I think this one case here deserves the chance.

He may have changed.

Unfortunately his victim hasn't changed. He's still dead.

He got more mercy than he deserved when they didn't execute him.

Let him rot.

Pamela Smart just got a "prison beat down" by some other inmates and is trying to sue NYS to no avail:

http://www.lohud.com/article/2009910010344

"Smart, a former teacher convicted of seducing a teenager into murdering her husband, lost her negligence claim against the Bedford Hills Correctional Facility, where the New Hampshire woman was badly beaten by two inmates on Oct. 8, 1996."

Smart Says Residents Should Consider Whether Sentence Was Fair

UPDATED: 11:06 pm EST February 4, 2010

BEDFORD HILLS, N.Y. -- After spending two decades in prison, Pamela Smart said she wants the people of New Hampshire to have a conversation about her case and her sentence.

Smart is serving a life sentence without the possibility of parole after she was convicted of masterminding a plot to kill her husband, Gregg Smart. She spoke to News 9 in a conference room at the maximum-security Bedford Hills Correctional Facility in New York.

"I don't want to be here," she said. "I don't want to be doing this. I'm actually afraid. This is hard for me because I know that this one interview, I'm talking to a lot of people who hate me."

Smart said it's time to talk to the people of New Hampshire.

"I'm afraid that the hatred is still there, and I'm afraid that I'll be ridiculed, so why I agreed to do this is really because I know I have to do this, and I know that in order for me to ever have a chance at getting out of prison, people in New Hampshire are going to have to have a conversation about whether or not this is a fair sentence, and I hope that that conversation will begin," she said.

The governor's Executive Council denied Smart's request for a pardon hearing in 2005. Smart said she doubts a governor will let her out of prison.

"Probably not," she said. "I think that will probably have to happen through the courts."

She said she will try again.

"And I would ask that people take a second look at whether or not this is fair and whether or not this is what they want for their system of justice in New Hampshire," she said.

more here

http://www.wmur.com/news/22465572/detail.html

nice try, Pamela. :boohoo:

A Life Sentence is just that not 20 yrs.She is where she belongs to bad she did not think before she had her husband killed.She ruined so many lives , she is evil and will never change.

She has no chance of anyone thinking she could possibly be innocent of killing Gregg. I doubt any conversation with anyone would help her. PS is right were she deserves to be for masterminding the henious act of murder against her husband. :furious:
Good luck to the nutcase, NOT.

Gozgals

Ole girl must have a dope connection behind bars because only a crackhead could come up with this asinine idea!!! I mean, did she sit up nights working on this particular choice of words?? I had to read her "suggestion" twice because the first time I thought I was reading some type of political op-ed piece. I HAVE read of politicians/activists suggesting that a dialogue- a conversation if you will- needs to be put in motion to work on ways to, say, get more emergency aid to Darfur, or Haiti... I also "get" those TV commercials urging parents to spend more time talking seriously with their teenagers, to open new lines of communication in an effort to keep them in school and away from drugs and unprotected sex. No matter what opinions I may have, THOSE ready-made topics are relevant and logical. And then we have ...*sigh*... Pamela Smart...:floorlaugh:!!! Yes, according to the article, those lucky, lucky residents of NH were recently- and seriously!- given a topic to discuss! Man, I bet they are SO relieved, being told what to think and talk about within their state lines (btw, isn't their motto "Live Free or Die"? I love it-)...Apparently, homegirl ain't learned a thing in two DECADES about humility, honesty, and, oh yeah- REMORSE!!!:furious: I always knew she was an egomaniac but I think her delusional "thought" processes have now "promoted" her to the rank of PSYCHOTIC egomaniac. WHY, pray tell, does she seriously think that anyone in New Hampshire (except for maybe her mom) is going to waste his energy "having a conversation" about how to get poor, innocent Pam out of prison??? Don't you just know she is eaten up with rage and jealousy that those two young men WILL be getting out and she WON'T!! I'll bet she sits in her cell and fairly SHAKES with anger at the "unfairness" of it all; never mind that she and she alone masterminded the MURDER of her young husband Greg, and for what? So if they divorced, she could "keep it all"? Jeez, all they had was a condo and their cars; we're not talking about Swiss bank accounts and country estates here. And STILL, no admission of guilt, absolutely no remorse, which we all know is a MUST for parole boards... but then, PS never WILL be eligible for parole, NEVER, and all the retarded soundbites she and her atty. can muster will never change STATE LAW!!! And, honey, I hate to burst your bubble, but the truth is that NH doesn't give a tumbling _ _ _ _ about your wanting them to converse. About your sorry self. So just go away, there are great lives to be lived out here in the free world, for those of us who know that murder is NEVER an option. One more thing- Pam Smart was NEVER a real teacher, she had no credentials, her "class" was like a community-taught elective. As a former teacher, I always hated that so many assumed she was what I call a REAL teacher. THAT particular line of work requires a 4-yr. college degree, minimum, plus certification and continuous coursework which many teachers take in the summer.:twocents:

Ole girl must have a dope connection behind bars because only a crackhead could come up with this asinine idea!!! I mean, did she sit up nights working on this particular choice of words?? I had to read her "suggestion" twice because the first time I thought I was reading some type of political op-ed piece. I HAVE read of politicians/activists suggesting that a dialogue- a conversation if you will- needs to be put in motion to work on ways to, say, get more emergency aid to Darfur, or Haiti... I also "get" those TV commercials urging parents to spend more time talking seriously with their teenagers, to open new lines of communication in an effort to keep them in school and away from drugs and unprotected sex. No matter what opinions I may have, THOSE ready-made topics are relevant and logical. And then we have ...*sigh*... Pamela Smart...:floorlaugh:!!! Yes, according to the article, those lucky, lucky residents of NH were recently- and seriously!- given a topic to discuss! Man, I bet they are SO relieved, being told what to think and talk about within their state lines (btw, isn't their motto "Live Free or Die"? I love it-)...Apparently, homegirl ain't learned a thing in two DECADES about humility, honesty, and, oh yeah- REMORSE!!!:furious: I always knew she was an egomaniac but I think her delusional "thought" processes have now "promoted" her to the rank of PSYCHOTIC egomaniac. WHY, pray tell, does she seriously think that anyone in New Hampshire (except for maybe her mom) is going to waste his energy "having a conversation" about how to get poor, innocent Pam out of prison??? Don't you just know she is eaten up with rage and jealousy that those two young men WILL be getting out and she WON'T!! I'll bet she sits in her cell and fairly SHAKES with anger at the "unfairness" of it all; never mind that she and she alone masterminded the MURDER of her young husband Greg, and for what? So if they divorced, she could "keep it all"? Jeez, all they had was a condo and their cars; we're not talking about Swiss bank accounts and country estates here. And STILL, no admission of guilt, absolutely no remorse, which we all know is a MUST for parole boards... but then, PS never WILL be eligible for parole, NEVER, and all the retarded soundbites she and her atty. can muster will never change STATE LAW!!! And, honey, I hate to burst your bubble, but the truth is that NH doesn't give a tumbling _ _ _ _ about your wanting them to converse. About your sorry self. So just go away, there are great lives to be lived out here in the free world, for those of us who know that murder is NEVER an option. One more thing- Pam Smart was NEVER a real teacher, she had no credentials, her "class" was like a community-taught elective. As a former teacher, I always hated that so many assumed she was what I call a REAL teacher. THAT particular line of work requires a 4-yr. college degree, minimum, plus certification and continuous coursework which many teachers take in the summer.:twocents:

annmarie- We all know what she is! I won't lower myself and display the strong language I would like to use when I think of her. Look what she has accomplished with her time in prison....ah ah ah, nothing. Taking lovers. What a waste of space and time. Thanks for the rant.

Goz

Oh, Hi Pam.:seeya:

The only place you should be released to is a mental hospital because you are clearly out of your ever lovin' mind.

The ONLY 'conversation' that the residents of NH need to have is Gregg's family with anyone that EVER even considers releasing this filth, urging them to keep her right where she is...Safely locked away from those of us that don't kill people. Safely locked away from impressionable children. Stupid Selfish Murderer!

ETA:
I'm not from NH, but if I were and someone started a 'conversation' with me about "whether or not this is what they want for their system of justice in New Hampshire.", my answer would be "Yes, it is." It would be a short "conversation".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back