GUILTY NJ - Tierra Morgan, 2, drowned in creek, Wall Twp, 21 Nov 2011

The tiny hand sticking out of a submerged car seat is an image that will stay forever with the Sanford family.

The murder of 2-year-old Tierra Morgan-Glover of Lakehurst has shaken and traumatized family members who discovered the toddler’s body last week in a stream in Shark River Park.

http://www.app.com/article/20111130...organ-Glover-s-body-traumatized-by-experience

He would insist that no one else could touch his baby
and wouldn't let the child's mother, Imani Benton, train for work, her family said.

As their relationship deteriorated, both sides went to court against the other.
But nothing that New Jersey's judges or child protection system did prevented the death of 2-year-old Tierra Morgan-Glover, whose body was found partially submerged in a park creek last week, still strapped into her car seat.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/nj-dad-arrested-death-girl-tossed-creek-15053460#.TtbyvVbFmSo

I will never understand why judges allow known abusers to see their children without supervision. Biological parents DO NOT = good people/parents.

http://www.app.com/article/20111129...gan-Glover?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage

This is a really sad story, one that sounds like it was years in the making.

"Reports of abuse involving Tierra and her mother date back to Oct. 29, 2010, according to a statement issued Tuesday by Allison Blake, commissioner of the New Jersey Department of Children and Families."

"He texted and called Benton 59 times that night. Some of the messages asked Benton to join them. The last told her that Tierra was “resting,” Simmons said."

Sounds like he was planning to kill her too!

So glad this is in custody. A huge thank you to these US Marshalls who tracked him down.

I hope some of his jail mates have little girls at home who they miss very much.
:rocker:

http://www.app.com/article/20111129...gan-Glover?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage

This is a really sad story, one that sounds like it was years in the making.

"Reports of abuse involving Tierra and her mother date back to Oct. 29, 2010, according to a statement issued Tuesday by Allison Blake, commissioner of the New Jersey Department of Children and Families."

"He texted and called Benton 59 times that night. Some of the messages asked Benton to join them. The last told her that Tierra was “resting,” Simmons said."

I knew it!!!!NJ DCF SUCKS! I hope her adorable face haunts the social worker who deemed her safe with her sperm donor murdering .:furious::furious::furious:

The tiny hand sticking out of a submerged car seat is an image that will stay forever with the Sanford family.

The murder of 2-year-old Tierra Morgan-Glover of Lakehurst has shaken and traumatized family members who discovered the toddler’s body last week in a stream in Shark River Park.

http://www.app.com/article/20111130...organ-Glover-s-body-traumatized-by-experience

He would insist that no one else could touch his baby
and wouldn't let the child's mother, Imani Benton, train for work, her family said.

As their relationship deteriorated, both sides went to court against the other.
But nothing that New Jersey's

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/nj-dad-arrested-death-girl-tossed-creek-15053460#.TtbyvVbFmSo

Doing nothing is exactly what New Jersey's judges and child protection system did! I have dealt with them in NJ, child protection is a joke!:furious::furious::furious:
I hope she sues them so they can not hide how bad they are.Everyone who has a child in danger,we should all beg her to sue and expose them.I will be first in line to stand with her!:furious::furious::furious::furious:

He does not look 'mentally ill' in those pictures. he looks arrogant and proud of his evil deed. What a .

While staying at a domestic violence shelter she told him where she was?:waitasec:

IMO I can understand why the judge ruled as he/she did. Seems they both called DYFS and typical of so many break ups...smearing the other parent breaking up and making up...

Watching this case broke my heart. I'm originally from the area and know it well. First, an infant tossed off a high bridge over the Raritan River, now one thrown into the Shark River bound to her car seat. Looking at the pictures of this posted above, he looks almost proud of his accomplishment.

I watched the videos as well and noticed the boy working hard to keep the pictures of Tierra in the interview. I'm sure the family is proud of his efforts.

Why this person did not have supervised visitation is beyond me. NJ child services and the judges need some very much needed education on abuse.

I knew it!!!!NJ DCF SUCKS! I hope her adorable face haunts the social worker who deemed her safe with her sperm donor murdering .:furious::furious::furious:

I agree in part, and this pains me to write, but mom went back to him time and time again. The article notes that he abused her and their child, and she still went back to him. I am not placing blame on her, she's lost her beloved Tierra - I can not imagine the deep pain in her heart, and looking back on the time with him, she must be sick with the thought that a man she once loved could be so evil.

This is harsh - but women need to see bad men for what they are, and not keep a bad man in their life just to have a man in their life. Perhaps she tried to keep it civil between themselves, but he is just a bad seed and a very angry man. To take out his own frustrations on his child and do this to her is beyond words.

I agree in part, and this pains me to write, but mom went back to him time and time again. The article notes that he abused her and their child, and she still went back to him. I am not placing blame on her, she's lost her beloved Tierra - I can not imagine the deep pain in her heart, and looking back on the time with him, she must be sick with the thought that a man she once loved could be so evil.

This is harsh - but women need to see bad men for what they are, and not keep a bad man in their life just to have a man in their life. Perhaps she tried to keep it civil between themselves, but he is just a bad seed and a very angry man. To take out his own frustrations on his child and do this to her is beyond words.

BBM
I'm placing some blame right at her feet. I am sick of abused women getting a pass when they FAIL to protect their children.

Pointing her finger at the system is wrong. The system IMO in this case did it's job. She did not. She needs to take a long hard look at herself in the mirror. She young, she's alive, I hope she learned from her mistakes....

BBM
I'm placing some blame right at her feet. I am sick of abused women getting a pass when they FAIL to protect their children.

Pointing her finger at the system is wrong. The system IMO in this case did it's job. She did not. She needs to take a long hard look at herself in the mirror. She young, she's alive, I hope she learned from her mistakes....

The mother was trying to protect her child (maybe not in the past, for sure, but she was making strides). If she had gotten back together with him again, and this happened under her watch, then yes, I'd agree with you. But my understanding is she was away from him and it was a court ordered visit.

BBM

This woman is a VICTIM, and as much as I love your posts, I cannot agree with your conclusions. You seem to want mothers to be clarvoyant, and none of us are. In my opinion, she was doing the best she could, what she thought was right for both the child and the father, after the COURT ordered the visit. Enough already - isn't there enough pain to go around?

When you have been in a marriage/relationship that goes horribly wrong [and I have], love is sometimes replaced with compassion. It is not ignorance that keeps you connected, it is the thought that this is someone you have loved. It is difficult to disconnect, for some. There are times, as in my case, where you don't expect this person that you were with to be the one to beat you senseless or hold a gun to your head. I didn't. The violence can erupt from nowhere and can be tragic, as in the loss of Tierra.

The cycle of violence in domestic violence is, for some, an overwhelming obstacle to break down.

Cycle of violence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As I said earlier in this thread, I knew some of this man's family when my Dad was stationed at a base in that area. His is a large family with some very nice people; people who are good parents, military and very involved in sports. Perhaps in the context of this larger picture she felt safety. We don't know. When I see the pictures of him, I see resemblances of a grandparent, an uncle or an auntie except that the eyes are very different, they are haunting.

Sad story all the way around; we can only mourn for Tierra's passing and hope that there is a moment of healing for her mother.

When you have been in a marriage/relationship that goes horribly wrong [and I have], love is sometimes replaced with compassion. It is not ignorance that keeps you connected, it is the thought that this is someone you have loved. It is difficult to disconnect, for some. There are times, as in my case, where you don't expect this person that you were with to be the one to beat you senseless or hold a gun to your head. I didn't. The violence can erupt from nowhere and can be tragic, as in the loss of Tierra.

The cycle of violence in domestic violence is, for some, an overwhelming obstacle to break down.

Cycle of violence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As I said earlier in this thread, I knew some of this man's family when my Dad was stationed at a base in that area. His is a large family with some very nice people; people who are good parents, military and very involved in sports. Perhaps in the context of this larger picture she felt safety. We don't know. When I see the pictures of him, I see resemblances of a grandparent, an uncle or an auntie except that the eyes are very different, they are haunting.

Sad story all the way around; we can only mourn for Tierra's passing and hope that there is a moment of healing for her mother.

I will tread lightly. I am sorry about your situation. Many here at WS can relate to victims due to their own experiences, and draw from them.

No doubt Tierra and her mother are victims of this monster. With that said, Iv'e also read about her history with this man, stated from Mom herself. I leave it at that, and hope that Tierra's Mom has a wonderful group of people who can hold her up going forward. She has my prayers for relief from her heartbreak. For Tierra, I can only hope she had no understanding as to what was happening, and that she was not in any pain.

I will tread lightly. I am sorry about your situation. Many here at WS can relate to victims due to their own experiences, and draw from them.

No doubt Tierra and her mother are victims of this monster. With that said, I can't ignore her history with this man, stated from Mom herself.

I leave it at that, and hope that Tierra's Mom has a wonderful group of people who can hold her up going forward. She has my prayers for relief from her heartbreak. For Tierra, I can only hope she had no understanding as to what was happening, and that she was not in any pain.

Thank you.

BBM

THIS is the part that is the most horrific, the part that hurts the heart. Perhaps it is PTSD, but just reading those words makes me cringe.

I do understand your point. I have just, in working in the field and in research for a dissertation, seen so many women who are not able to break away. It is a conundrum; one with disastrous results for some. Perhaps Tierra's mom can channel her pain, at some point, for the good of others.

This case makes me absolutely sick. Sometimes I can understand why crimes are committed but not this one....not even one percent can I understand...unless he was totally whacked on drugs.

It is heartwrenching but so common that some women lack the self esteem or self confidence to make a life for themselves on their own. They feel they need a man and a man is better than no man. Wrong....

Although many would like to give the DP....I personally am opposed to DP completely. I firmly believe this guy should live solely for the purpose of extracting effort from him. Make him work at something that can be converted to money to help the victims family. If he doesn't produce enough one day, sorry no food or bedding for you buddy. The money he earns would not directly go to the victim but rather pooled with all the violent criminals effort money so that the victims don't feel like they are connected specifically to their POSs. This kind of launders the money so to speak. ANyway my point is I can find things for POSs to do that would make them beg for death....and not by using eye for an eye....(although that crossed my mind...its cruel)...

So why hasn't society caught on to such dealings for criminals? Solves the DP debate and is quite efficient.

This woman is a VICTIM, and as much as I love your posts, I cannot agree with your conclusions. You seem to want mothers to be clarvoyant, and none of us are. In my opinion, she was doing the best she could, what she thought was right for both the child and the father, after the COURT ordered the visit. Enough already - isn't there enough pain to go around?

I don't want mothers to be clarvoyant. I just don't like it when people start blaming DYFS, and the judge like they are supposed to be.

I don't want mothers to be clarvoyant. I just don't like it when people start blaming DYFS, and the judge like they are supposed to be.

I totally agree. I have many friends who are social workers, work many many hours each day, have advanced degrees, don't make a lot of money, and do it only because they truly want to help children and their families. There's only so much they can do when the parents keep going back with each other and don't have the sense to stop the cycle. People can scream and yell it's DYFS' fault (or insert any other state CPS system for other cases), but at the end of the day, we need to point the finger where it belongs - in this case, at the father (word used very loosely).

I agree.

Women need to not have children with men they can't rely on, men that don't treat them with respect, men that don't want to/aren't capable of being fathers. Birth control is legal and easily obtainable.

Please stop having children with men you are dating. Hold out for REAL men that can be fathers. Get married and build a family. Have more than just a baby daddy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back