NJ NJ - William 'Billy' Jones, 3, Vineland, 17 Dec 1962

Wonder if the sister was even questioned (Could she talk at 2?) since this was so long before abductions were more prevalent. Is the flower in evidence? A plastic flower seems very odd. Was the family residence searched? I’m concerned that not much investigating was done at the time. Where was the dog? The Doug Chapman case was approx 7 hours away, 9 years later but similiar circumstances. Still possible. MOO

Something I noticed on both Doug Chapman and Billy Jones is that they both have prominently protruding ears. This doesn't change when they grow into adults; they would still noticeably protrude. This would eliminate a lot of grown men who could be Doug and Billy. I noticed that the age progressions for both do not take the ears into account and therefore would not be a good likeness of them today at all. These two cases remind me of Steven Damman. Little kids can get away so fast!

First I heard of Billy being outside the neighbor's house. I thought he was outside his own home? Same is true with the dime in his pocket given to him by his Mother, and his love of dogs. Hard to know what information is correct. Does the FBI normally get involved in missing person's cases like this? Normally I could see this for a murder case? Or Billy's parents had money at the time to hire a PI. This is a good thing that FBI is involved! The more cases that can get national recognition like this, the better the chance for closure!

Satch

Has the sister sent her DNA to GedMatch?

Seems obvious, but may have been overlooked given the 1959/62 timestamp on this....

veni am billy jones sister and the local paper wont even return my call anymore.yes i am still looking for him i have not stop just hit a lot of walls .it took 49 years just to get him on the missing network.and the vineland police has new eyes looking into it but like everyone else i am not aloud to know to much. but our mom and dad has pass away now.they know the truth now .and most of the people are pass away now that help with the case. billy is 52 now and will turn 53 on march 5. i will never stop looking for him and missing him everyday of my life . and thank you all who still care about him and please pass the word around may be one day he will come home to me again thank jill jones

Have you submitted your DNA to one of the major databases (GedMatch, MyHeritage, etc.)?

If you learn how, or get help, to use the new DNA technology/methodologies, you MAY be able to find him, without help from police or the papers (doesn't cost very much, either).

i am billy jones sister and the local paper wont even return my call anymore.yes i am still looking for him i have not stop just hit a lot of walls .it took 49 years just to get him on the missing network.and the vineland police has new eyes looking into it but like everyone else i am not aloud to know to much. but our mom and dad has pass away now.they know the truth now .and most of the people are pass away now that help with the case. billy is 52 now and will turn 53 on march 5. i will never stop looking for him and missing him everyday of my life . and thank you all who still care about him and please pass the word around may be one day he will come home to me again thank jill jones

Still there?

Tried the DNA approach mentioned above? How about Nancy Grace, Adam Walsh or any of the other 'missing' shows?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back