GUILTY NM - Trinity Rains, 9 mos, shot to death, Albuquerque, 1 Dec 2009

How sadly ironic it is that he killed his daughter because he didnt want the mother to move on without him. What does he think she will do when he is in prison for killing her baby - wait for him?

Oh, I hope it doesnt work out that way!

I really dont see any kind of logic to that. His reasoning doesnt make any kind of sense. (Not that killing anybody makes any sense, but you know what I mean.)

i READ THE FIRST POST AND COULD NOT PROCEED.

:furious::furious::furious:

WTF happened to humanity ?
and it is not as if we can go someplace else? :banghead:

There was a time people had blood in their veins, now they seem to have water running. No consideration, sensitivity, feelings, no morals, no principles, nothing human...

i READ THE FIRST POST AND COULD NOT PROCEED.

:furious::furious::furious:

WTF happened to humanity ?
and it is not as if we can go someplace else? :banghead:

There was a time people had blood in their veins, now they seem to have water running. No consideration, sensitivity, feelings, no morals, no principles, nothing human...

Sweet songline - infanticide is as old as mankind. These are not new stories we are reading - just the same very old ones. And they are nothing if not human.

My continued prayers for this family.

I sadly, sadly agree with SCM on this. Humanity hasn't changed . . . if anything, we are less despicable than we "used to be", at least in sheer numbers. There never were any "good old days", they are more a product of fantasy and unwillingness to acknowledge the dark stuff than actual history.

I ponder this a lot . . . the "exhibit" at the town fair, behind a curtain, is "the most dangerous animal on the planet". Once you pull back the curtain, there is a mirror where you see yourself. At the same time, I just drove home from work listening to a radio station raise enough donations for Christmas gifts for 4800 local foster children, and then some :) . We are capable of both extremes, and it deeply, deeply puzzles me how some of us turn out so destructive, and the majority of us do not. We are all human beings, right?

I can't decide if I am glad to pay (via taxes) for the rest of his miserable life in prison or to be done with him. I think he'd at least have a chance for redemption if he lived, but I can never make up my mind about these things . . .

I guess my point is that it happens SO often now that the news doesn't even cover half of the incidents. There have been so many things since I've joined WS that I would never have even heard about if I hadn't read it here. I'll mention various things to my friends and neighbors and they will have no idea what I am talking about. I'll watch my news this evening and see if this particular incident is reported. I would be shocked if it is. Does your local paper report things like this? All of them? Maybe I'm just subjected to a really (and I mean REALLY) bad newspaper in my area! In fact, I know I am!

I think we just don't see eye to eye on this one. I'm convinced that I wouldn't hear about the majority of these incidents if I wasn't on WS.

I agree. I almost dread coming to this forum because the news is so depressing. I honestly cannot visit "crimes in the news" everyday. Sadly, our society has become so (seemingly) tolerant of such brutality. What happened to the good ole days when this monster would have been stoned to death in the street? Now, his defense will paint him as a "victim" and he will get about 10 years in prison.

I sadly, sadly agree with SCM on this. Humanity hasn't changed . . . if anything, we are less despicable than we "used to be", at least in sheer numbers. There never were any "good old days", they are more a product of fantasy and unwillingness to acknowledge the dark stuff than actual history.

I ponder this a lot . . . the "exhibit" at the town fair, behind a curtain, is "the most dangerous animal on the planet". Once you pull back the curtain, there is a mirror where you see yourself. At the same time, I just drove home from work listening to a radio station raise enough donations for Christmas gifts for 4800 local foster children, and then some :) . We are capable of both extremes, and it deeply, deeply puzzles me how some of us turn out so destructive, and the majority of us do not. We are all human beings, right?

I can't decide if I am glad to pay (via taxes) for the rest of his miserable life in prison or to be done with him. I think he'd at least have a chance for redemption if he lived, but I can never make up my mind about these things . . .

Completely true - and one of the reasons I am so optimistic about where we are heading. We get better every day. It's just slow going - and that can be frustrating.

Very shocking. I don't know how to respond really.

No words - no words at all. I can tell ya that man would have not walked out of the house alive. In my world, I would have grabbed that gun and emptied it, then claim self defense. Cops probably wouldn't think twice. All I know is he's gonna have a heck of a time in prison - and that can be the only justice here.

Rest in peace dear baby.

Mel

He didnt even sound like he was upset. He sounds mentally ill I know that. He is a psycho.

http://myfox8.tributes.com/show/Trinity-Rains-87306971
Obituary

RAINS- Trinity Aneana "Trini" Rains, infant daughter of Ashley Trujillo and Christopher Rains, went to be with the Lord on Tuesday, December 1, 2009. Her name means: Trinity (Everlasting, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit); Aneana (an answer to prayer); and Rains (showers from heaven).

Bless your heart and RIP sweet child.

Many strangers have shed tears .............you did not deserve this.

<snip>

A nine-month-old baby shot in the head and killed by her father during an argument with her mother will be laid to rest this morning.

Funeral services for Trinity Rains are set for 9:30 this morning at Our lady of Assumption near Lomas and Tennessee.

:rose: :rose: RIP little Trinity :rose: :rose:

The mere fact that this was more concerned about spending the rest of his life in prison vs killing his baby girl, shows that it is a very good thing the Mom did not try to grab the gun and kill him. That would have most likely ended her life also. I am surpeised he let her live when she tried to grab the baby actually!

The comment about seeing the mens genitals led me to believe he saw a picture, possibly on her cell phone? Poor sweet baby and poor Mommy who had to tolerate this monster. I really wonder if she even knew that he had held a gun to his daughters head before? If she did know, I would hope the police would have intervened at that time.

like this should be shot by a firing squad immediately after their arrest. Why this man is allowed to go on breathing it unreal to me. He didn't shoot his ex because he wanted to cause her pain - she now has to live without her daughter and the image of her getting shot.

Charges

Charge Party
D 1 Charge Count
1 Charge Sequence Number
1 Charge Statute Number
ABANDONMENT OF A CHILD (DEATH/G
Charge Charges
12/01/2009 Charge Class
Charge Date
Charge Citation Number

Charge Plea
Charge Disposition
30-6-1(B) Charge Disposition Date
F1

Charge Party
D 1 Charge Count
2 Charge Sequence Number
1 Charge Statute Number
MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE (WIL
Charge Charges
12/01/2009 Charge Class
Charge Date
Charge Citation Number

Charge Plea
Charge Disposition
30-2-1(A)(1) Charge Disposition Date
F1

Charge Party
D 1 Charge Count
3 Charge Sequence Number
1 Charge Statute Number
KIDNAPPING (1ST DEGREE)
Charge Charges
12/01/2009 Charge Class
Charge Date
Charge Citation Number

Charge Plea
Charge Disposition
30-4-1 F1 Charge Disposition Date
F1

Charge Party
D 1 Charge Count
4 Charge Sequence Number
1 Charge Statute Number
ASSAULT WITH INTENT TO COMMIT V
Charge Charges
12/01/2009 Charge Class
Charge Date
Charge Citation Number

Charge Plea
Charge Disposition
30-3-3 Charge Disposition Date
F3

Charge Party
D 1 Charge Count
5 Charge Sequence Number
1 Charge Statute Number
KIDNAPPING (1ST DEGREE)
Charge Charges
12/01/2009 Charge Class
Charge Date
Charge Citation Number

Charge Plea
Charge Disposition
30-4-1 F1 Charge Disposition Date
F1

Charge Party
D 1 Charge Count
6 Charge Sequence Number
1 Charge Statute Number
ABANDONMENT/ABUSE CHILD
Charge Charges
02/17/2009 Charge Class
Charge Date
Charge Citation Number

Charge Plea
Charge Disposition
30-6-1 Charge Disposition Date
F3

Charge Party
D 1 Charge Count
7 Charge Sequence Number
1 Charge Statute Number
KIDNAPPING (2ND DEGREE)
Charge Charges
02/17/2009 Charge Class
Charge Date
Charge Citation Number

Charge Plea
Charge Disposition
30-4-1 F2 Charge Disposition Date
F2

Charge Party
D 1 Charge Count
8 Charge Sequence Number
1 Charge Statute Number
AGGRAVATED ASSAULT AGAINST HOUS
Charge Charges
02/17/2009 Charge Class
Charge Date
Charge Citation Number

Charge Plea
Charge Disposition
30-3-13(A)(1) Charge Disposition Date
F4

Charge Party
D 1 Charge Count
9 Charge Sequence Number
1 Charge Statute Number
KIDNAPPING (2ND DEGREE)
Charge Charges
02/17/2009 Charge Class
Charge Date
Charge Citation Number

Charge Plea
Charge Disposition
30-4-1 F2 Charge Disposition Date
F2

Judge
Judge Assignment Date
01/04/2010 Judge Name
ALBERT S MURDOCH Judge Sequence Number
3 Judge Assignment Event Description
01/04/2010

Judge Assignment Date
12/15/2009 Judge Name
ROBERT BOB SCHARTZ Judge Sequence Number
1 Judge Assignment Event Description
12/15/2009

Note: This didn't copy over too well, so have highlighted each charge for ease of reading.

darn i was hoping an early update from belinda meant someone took him out behind bars :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back