NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always thought they should use more than 1 photo. He looks different in different photos and if I'm not mistaken, this is an older one. Lavanda Dolce who posts on websleuths makes up wonderful fliers and she always uses several photos. I think she is with lostnmissing.org

I made this flyer -- with mutliple photos -- a while back and posted it on the first thread. I think Fairy1 plastered the Vegas area with it; hopefully some others used it too, because of the multiple pics.

Attachments

• koecher poster2.pdf
    405.4 KB · Views: 15
I have been in contact since last night with the tipster line in Sacramento. I texted them info on Steven and they have texted me three additional times asking for more info about him, facts of the disappearance, and why I think he may be in Sacramento (because he mentioned going there days before he disappeared). With my info they should be able to determine if the one unidentified body is Steven very quickly. But really, I hope it's not him.

That's a standard Photobucket thing. It previews your uploaded images on different items, and then you can buy them if you want.

That person on Photobucket is not trying to sell anything.

So how does that work? You can upload your photos for free to PhotoBucket, and then PhotoBucket profits from your images in exchange?
Or do you get a share?

This kinda reminds me of the person who started a cafepress.com "store" full of items with Susan Powell's picture all over them. At first, people were condemning Susan's family for doing it - but it wasn't them.

It just seems unseemly, when the images involve a human tragedy. What's next? Coffee cups pictures of the WTC collapsing? Well....actually, yes. You can order that, too.

http://media.lvrj.com/images/34534225-0-4.jpgFamily search bears no fruit

$10,000 reward now offered for information on missing Utah man

Phone records indicate he left Utah Dec. 12, a Saturday, and arrived early the next morning

http://www.lvrj.com/news/family-search-bears-no-fruit-85649337.html
Wonder where he slept, got coffee etc. till he showed up on surveillance?

If Steven got coffee, then he COULD be the guy putting Saran Wrap on the seat at IHOP. I always wondered why the family said that ruled Steven out as being that man ;)

A certain reporter has already received an email asking for confirmation of that AND correcting his info that Steven's phone hadn't been used since he disappeared.

I have been in contact since last night with the tipster line in Sacramento. I texted them info on Steven and they have texted me three additional times asking for more info about him, facts of the disappearance, and why I think he may be in Sacramento (because he mentioned going there days before he disappeared). With my info they should be able to determine if the one unidentified body is Steven very quickly. But really, I hope it's not him.

Thank you! Me, too.
It'd have to be some kind of strange psychological break that someone would drive further south just past Vegas, so they could somehow travel north to Sacramento. Hitch a ride? No bus stops for five miles. Cab company wanted subpoena so who knows where that went. No airline or bus ticket.

You could also text this, for short: http://www.snurl.com/koecher

(NOT pushing the website, just figuring it'd answer the questions)

So how does that work? You can upload your photos for free to PhotoBucket, and then PhotoBucket profits from your images in exchange?
Or do you get a share?

This kinda reminds me of the person who started a cafepress.com "store" full of items with Susan Powell's picture all over them. At first, people were condemning Susan's family for doing it - but it wasn't them.

It just seems unseemly, when the images involve a human tragedy. What's next? Coffee cups pictures of the WTC collapsing? Well....actually, yes. You can order that, too.

Man, it's always so bizarre to be viewing crime scene photos on a members photobucket account and have them preview in that box on the left showing hideous pics you can order on Coffee cups and such.

There is another weird thing that happens. When googling a name a google add will pop up saying they found that person. It's just a people search company offering their services for a fee. But, it's creepy to see "We've found Natalie Holloway!" or whatever crime victim you are googling.

I made this flyer -- with mutliple photos -- a while back and posted it on the first thread. I think Fairy1 plastered the Vegas area with it; hopefully some others used it too, because of the multiple pics.

That's the one I've got on the timeline page. It's really nice.

That's the one I've got on the timeline page. It's really nice.

ms_writer - I think it would be a good idea to add the reward and associated info to the flyer. Is that possible?

ms_writer - I think it would be a good idea to add the reward and associated info to the flyer. Is that possible?

Maybe just the word REWARD -- since the amounts often change?

omg you guys are awesome - I'm sick for a couple weeks & now I'm 2 threads behind - what I have read so far is great - you guys are truly amazing & I'm in awe of all of you - keep it up - maybe I'll catch up -

omg you guys are awesome - I'm sick for a couple weeks & now I'm 2 threads behind - what I have read so far is great - you guys are truly amazing & I'm in awe of all of you - keep it up - maybe I'll catch up -

Hope you're feeling better! Any ideas where we should turn next? I'm at a loss....

Phone records indicate he left Utah Dec. 12, a Saturday, and arrived early the next morning

http://www.lvrj.com/news/family-search-bears-no-fruit-85649337.html
Wonder where he slept, got coffee etc. till he showed up on surveillance?

I asked Naegle today if the phone records have been released, and she says they have not -- so there are NO phone records available that tell us where Steven was, and when.

Thanks to RubyRed for finding and posting this story! Apparently, Google News doesn't pick up the LVRJ.

I asked Naegle today if the phone records have been released, and she says they have not -- so there are NO phone records available that tell us where Steven was, and when.

Thanks to RubyRed for finding and posting this story! Apparently, Google News doesn't pick up the LVRJ.

WE don't have the phone records, but I believe LE does. I'm hoping the next search will tell us what we need to know.

[/I]

Whatever ya'll think is best. I just want to light a fire under somone's *advertiser censored*S to speak up!

I think if that were going to happen, it would have by now.

Has anyone found anything on GW on the Web? Why were people told to call St. George LE for any info they may have re: the connection between the two cases?....and not the Henderson LE.

My thoughts, I don't think Steven, nor Susan Powell will ever be found. I also think Josh Powell will never be charged, but the Cox's will get the children.

I'll be watching to see if there are any updates from LE.

The LAST question & answer is VERY important...and tells us a lot.

Q: Is it known if Steven has any friends who:
Pilot or own an aircraft (ie, close friend who'd fly him away somewhere)?
A: We don’t know of anyone.
Are other than members of his YSA/singles ward?
A: He didn’t have any close friends outside of the ward. He’d only been there one summer.
Own boats (other than those in the Bloomington 7th ward pictures?)
A: His older brother in Salt Lake owns a boat.

TRAVELS (was he possibly taking these odd trips for longer than the week before he disappeared)?
A: Travis felt Steven was a consistent worker so he wasn’t aware of anything like that.

Q: Do we know if there has been any other activity for Steven in the LV vicinity in the past. Bank or credit card ties to gas purchase, etc. Phone records?
A: The family is on a group bank account and his mother has never seen a vegas charge.

Has anyone found anything on GW on the Web? Why were people told to call St. George LE for any info they may have re: the connection between the two cases?....and not the Henderson LE.

My thoughts, I don't think Steven, nor Susan Powell will ever be found. I also think Josh Powell will never be charged, but the Cox's will get the children.

Oh, come on. Be POSITIVE!

Powell:
I haven't been out to the west desert area for a month or so, but the snow out there was the same as in my yard (over 5000' elevation). My yard still has two-three feet of snow in places, so if Susan's out there, she could still be covered. It's not recreation time yet; once people are out there, on their ATVs and camping, something will turn up. It took four months to find Laci Peterson, and Scott Peterson was charged as soon as Laci's remains were ID'd.

Koecher:
I don't think there's a criminal mastermind or vast conspiracy here. It's just that it's one person (if he harmed himself) or two (if this is a crime). Not a lost cause; it's just going to be slow.

The St George LE were mentioned, because the call (supposedly) "from a member of Susan's family" came into them.
If that was a family member, it was a Powell and not a Cox; more likely, it was one of the many conspiracy theorists who think their theory isn't getting a fair hearing.

Ya know, people do still use CASH. I've said it before and I'll say it again, no one knows how much cash Steven had before or when he disappeared. He was working in a door-to-door business where cash would have been used - more often than not, IMO. And we still don't know why he was travelling before he went missing or why he was in the Vegas area. It could have been a lucrative endeavor. Sorry.

I just don't believe we should focus all of our efforts on the receipts we do know about and the absence of same since 12/13.

Not necessarily. Steven appears to have been living a very isolated life. If he intentionally walked out of his it - he most likely had help outside of his usual contacts.

GW is STILL a huge ? for us. I just can't shake the feeling there is more to that angle.

IMO, Susan will be found come the spring and Josh will be arrested for murder. And the Cox family will have custody of those sweet little boys.

okay, I am going to ask. What is a group bank account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda