NY - Christopher Porco - Another Menandez situation? - sentenced

yep...her face is so destroyed, she couldn't show it to the jury. one of her eyeballs was chopped out of her head...i just can't believe he could do that. i don't believe he did do that. it must have been some one else. in my opinion...of course :)

Also- Snotty did have people who saw the other side...Amber, for one. No one has stepped forward to present an 'unseen' Chris.

MissDelmar said:
Also- Snotty did have people who saw the other side...Amber, for one. No one has stepped forward to present an 'unseen' Chris.
Amber didn't really see "the other side".... No one saw the dark side of Scott, no one that has come forward. In fact, just the opposite has occured...39 witnesses to extoll Scott's virtues as a perfect person...no one saw his dark side, no one that is alive and talking anyway.

We now know that he is a master manipulator, liar and a 14 k @ssh@le....thanks to Amber who was able tape record the conversations to offer as proof. Otherwise, it would have been his word against her word and well, you know how that would have gone.....

So far, there are few if any of Peterson's relatives or friends that believe he murdered his wife and baby...

How legal was it for the university to summarily suspend Chris Porco with threats of arrest if he returns to campus? He hasn't even been charged. What happen to innocent until PROVEN Guilty! This is not the first suspension at this school because someone may have been involved in a off campus incident. I thought the school was supporting him so the Campus Times said, but then the Campus times is a proven unreliable news source, they repeatedly print misinformation, that can ruin a young persons reputation. This young man, if innocent, has lost everything. His parents, his life and he will never live the suspicion down. They can't find enough evidence (Not a speck of blood on the Jeep) to charge him but his school iced him anyway. How is he supposed to move forward? You would thin his school guidence team would help him, his family is supporting him, they got him a lawyer after he naivly agreed to interrogation/coersion. I'm not convinced he didn't do it but I beleive the police will make a person of interest into a suspect when they can't find anyone else to blame it on.A 21 year old kid with no history for violence ,abuse,defiant behavior, or severe substance abuse dosn't just snap and murder his parents in such a way. With no evidence of blood anywhere around him and race back to school to go calmly jogging after a three hour ride back to Rochester. It just makes no sense and the school administration should have given him a leave of absense not suspend him.He needs support not more suspicion.:banghead:
BF

How do you know not a speck of blood was found on his jeep? I could not find that info anywhere. Also, many people "snap" who have no history of violence...Ever heard the term "crime of passion"?

They gave the jeep back and and still no arrest, if there was evidence of blood in his car he would be in custody and his lawyer woud immediatly have him in psychaiatric evaluation for Snapping for a defense of temporary insanity. I saw an article through google that stated his school situation and the condition of his jeep when returned to him, I think its under his name , I'm not great with computer copy paste. I have a friend who had a situation with this school for a non violent Martha Stewart type (White Collar)stupid infraction and they were treated like a convicted violent felon. Erronously expelled and the misscarrage of justice has been somewhat corrected, but she insists on returning to the school(Loves the program) and will be readmitted in the fall, but was treated terribly. I'm just saying EVERYONE including Chris Porco have rights under our constitution, and I find it ludicris that a university can just ruin or seriously disrupt a young persons life on suspicion alone.

The article I'm referring to is dated Jan 28,"Action Near in Porco Slaying" Tmes union post.

BF

Panel in Porco case still silent
Grand jury hears testimony but does not vote on indictment in Delmar slaying

By MICHELE MORGAN BOLTON, Staff writer
Saturday, January 29, 2005

ALBANY -- A grand jury reviewing evidence in the beating of a Delmar couple met for the sixth time Friday but left the Albany County Courthouse without voting on whether to charge anyone in the grisly case.--->>

On Friday, the grand jury heard testimony from a Bethlehem detective, who had testified earlier, and a billing clerk from a consumer credit company who presented Christopher Porco's Mobil gas credit card billing records for review, according to a source familiar with the investigation.

Jurors were also shown Christopher Porco's videotaped interview with the Bethlehem Police Department that occurred the night following the attacks on his parents, the source said.--->>

Chief Assistant District Attorney Michael McDermott said jurors will not hear directly from Christopher Porco. McDermott also addressed concerns that too much time has gone by without an indictment, leaving many Brockley Drive residents nervous. "Some investigations just lend themselves to painstaking examination of a lot of different facts," McDermott said. "This is one of those cases. You'll just have to be patient."

A date for the next grand jury session was not set
.--->>

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/st...ategory=ALBANY&BCCode=HOME&newsdate=1/29/2005

I haven't read anything about blood in the jeep. In fact, what's been reported is just the opposite:

For their part, the town police force, which has investigated three homicides in the past 15 years, has been left with a difficult case. Two weeks ago, they returned to Christopher Porco his 2004 Jeep Wrangler, which they had seized from his college on the day of the attacks.

The Jeep had been torn apart in a search for evidence, Kindlon said. The seat belts were gone and the front seats "looked like they'd been attacked by piranhas." But there's no indication the Jeep yielded any evidence.
- http://timesunion.com/AspStories/st...ategory=ALBANY&BCCode=HOME&newsdate=1/28/2005

My question stands unanswered, maybe some one out there can answer. Was it legal to summarily suspend him from school as a result of his possible involvement in this incident. U of R did get paid for his tuition or he would not have been attending school in the first place. Suspending someone for posssible involvement, he's their child, he's involved whether he committed the crime or not . Do they have a right to suspend someone especially since he has no charges filed against him?(I really have a problem with this) A reccomended leave of absence just seems more suitable.That would save his academic standing and show some compassion and support for a young man in crises as he, the police and his family work through this awful tragedy. Did his borther get discharged from the Navy?, of course not. How do they know he's(the older brother) not involed in anyway?

bestfriends said:
My question stands unanswered, maybe some one out there can answer. Was it legal to summarily suspend him from school as a result of his possible involvement in this incident.
I don't know the answer....I imagine that the university has guidelines...you could start with the school and find out what those guidelines are...

Are we sure U of R got their tuition? I know a friend had a grace period for paying her tuition late because the school knew the check was coming. Could this have been an easy way for the school to suspend Chris if it was in fact not paid? Remember Peter asked the high interest loan be returned to the bank? Kindlon says school "put him off" when he requested account info. Same article says 2 transactions of about 16K each were on Peter's credit card. But no one, including the lawyer has the acct info. Do you really need to do a cash advance on a cc to pay tuition? Don't colleges take ccs? This whole thing seem bizarre.

I did some research on law...Evidence could have been found and not made public. Grand jury evidence and testimonies are secret. If they arrest Chris before GJ indicts, the people have to disclose all evidence within 144 hours of the arrest. They want an indictment from the GJ and are obviously gathering ALL they can find on Chris so they get an indictment. So it is NOT yet a fact that NO evidence was found in the jeep or anywhere else for that matter.

Perhaps problems developed for the fraternity brothers who testified in front of the grand jury. There was an article stating his family life was not as he portrayed and that those students were shocked to learn the truth. One instructor also alluded to the fact that something had happened to him between the time he sat out a semester and the time he returned - he was changed.

The university has a responsibility to protect students brought into this case, not by choice, but by circumstance. If he refused to willingly leave, the action they took was necessary.

Protect them from what? Unfortunatly, my friends daughter had a non violent charge against her and was summarily suspended because of the actual charge. The U of R student handbook only summarily suspends a student if they have commited a hate crime or a violent act. They also summarily suspend when they they have been caught not giving a student due process (Expulsion for a minor nonviolent offense Another situation a another university with a knife weilding freshman who had substance abuse problems, that university allowed the student to go into treatment and continue school.that normally would be a probation or repremand)They are required to give the student a chance to appeal the suspension,7 days after receiving the summmary suspension and then a hearing is held and the results if still suspended can be appealed again, and the provost makes a final decision. If they thought he'd changed and it was affecting his school they can file charge, vage ones as per their handbook, something like conduct unbecoming a U orf Rstudent. Got to go but I'll be back

BF

Better for a university to be safe than sorry...I imagine plenty of parents were contacting the school; after all, this was an extremely violent crime. No one knows the whole story. Schools must provide a safe environment for students. If my child were attending a school with the same situation, either the suspect would be gone or my child would be gone. As a parent I'm not taking that chance. Too much goes on in this world today.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back