NY - Christopher Porco - Another Menandez situation? - sentenced

Then I guess a suspicion should ruin his life instead of just keeping him under surveliance. The justice system has become a farce, with persons of interest becomming convicted felons and considered guilty befroe charged or proven guilty. My arguement is not whether or not he did anything,but was it legal, and I beleive his rights to due prrocess by the university are being violated. I suppose an accidental car accident or DUI student should also be summarily suspended. This school has a reputation for underage drinking, combined with driving; half of the students drive while intoxicated, they should all be expelled, or summarily suspended.(of course that rarely happens) The tickets for DUI are felony offenses as well. Growing illegal agriculture in your dorm room is a felony offense as well but I know for a fact that students have only been expelled from living facilities, with no charges brought, and they are welcome to continue in school. George Bushes daughters can commit forgery and write prescriptions for class 2 narcotics and drive placing the immediate population in life threatening danger, with no consequences. They can stand at the Republican National Convention an giggle over their indiscretions that could have resulted in disaster. It proves the laws in our country are not meant for everyone to abide by. If my child forged a Dr. signature, theyd be in jail, thrown out of school, and surely wouldent be laughing about it on National Television. No wonder people are giving up their US citizenship and moving to Canada.

BF

BTW I have a student attending U of R and am not in the least bit worried about Chris Porco,(if he did this his parents were the target and his friends have never seen him be agressive towards them) I'm more concerned with some of the assaults and muggings that have occured on this campus and the possible negligence of the University to provide enough security around the living facilities.I have since moved my student to a secure off campus apartment .It seems the security there is too busy chasing high profile investigations that have happened off the campus. Maybe they need to stick around on campus and proctect our kids from the real everyday criminals.
I just hate to see a kid have to go through such an ordeal when there's a strong probability that he had nothing to do with it. He will never get over this.

I am with dotcom. If a "person of interest" in an axe murder was attending my kid's school, I'd have my kid out of there fast. What if he IS guilty? No one knows for sure, yet. I would expect the school to err on the side of safety. Not to do so would be outrageous.

The point is there is no evidence that he is in fact an ax murderer, the evidence in fact is quite the contrary, swim team 1400 SAT's. He has been known not to apply himself academically and sport scholarships are based on maintaining a 3.0. Which means his sport scholarship was revoked due to his grades and he has to pay full tuition. He didn't murder the swim coach or the Dean of Academic affairs, nor did he threaten any of them. Maybe the people on this site are not American citizens.The innocent until proven guilty thing. Since no charges have been filed and probably never will be, that alone in not enough to pull my kid anyway from the school. This is no state school. U of R is about as Ivey league as they come and all the parents I know, have no intention of pulling their kids out of the school because the Albany police interrogated Chris. A few of us have left the left the living facilities due to insufficient security on campus resulting in 2 assaults this past semester, neither of which was committed by a U of R student or Chris Porco. He just dosn't display any agression towards anyone.

His brother is the war mongor in the Navy. Guns and weapons are part of armed forces training. We know very little about the brother except that he was at his base. The Navy hasn't discharged him, it would be ilegal for them to and I'm not convinced he didn't have something to do with it either. There are ways to commit crimes long distance. Have you ever heard of Hit men.
BF

Are you perhaps Chris in disguise? I cannot imagine any sane parent thinking it is O.K. for a university to ignore this situation. Too bad if Chris has to live under this cloud of suspicion but that's just how life works. Nothing is perfect in this world.

I think the police know more than what has been revealed and you may be shocked when you learn the truth.

In the meantime, calm down and let the authorities handle this.

BF:I am still with dotcom. My kid would be out of there in a heartbeat. Just because Chris is a good swimmer and had good SAT scores does not mean there is no evidence against him. See my post from last PM which explains Grand Jury. I know the police have more than what is in the paper. That is what Grand Jury is all about. You may want to read all the posts.

I am a bit confused...first you say you have a kid at U of R and then you say you are a student there? You spell much better as a student! What is up with that?

I can assure you I am as American as they come. I was born in Albany NY and have lived in Delmar since 1982. I pay a lot of taxes and believe in the American justice system. I happen to think people who enlist in the armed forces are heroic...not war mongers..they are protecting you and NEVER forget that.

By the way U of R is NOT Ivy League and you did not even spell it correctly!

Never said I was a student there, but I am a parent of A student there and have a friend whose daughter got in som legal trouble that was very minor and was so overblown out of porportion because the school diciplinary process is disfunctional. The result was a repramand of the administrator who illegally acted on behalf of of the school and the girl of course has been reinstated.(But she had to lose an entire semester because of the actions a certian adminitrator which caused withdrawl of large scholarships and withdrawl of federal loan, based on the withdrawl of the studen without the parents or the students knowledge. This mishap cost the family $$,$$$ The offense was non violent, non sustance related, and was committed off campus. but an annomous email was sent to someone out of jealousy and a single administrator in a high position thought he would just be able to get away with violating the civil rights of a 18 year old, all on the basis of this email. The student was infact charged but found not guilty or even involved. The girls parents hired legal counsel and fortunatly appealed to the administration above this horrible person. I personally am happy that person will not be involved with U of R students, he was in an important position that is to help the students with situations like this, but due to a personal dislike went after a kid to show how powerful he was. Chris Porco under suspicion of murder was actually treated better than the girl, the school paper and the students and teacher were in full suport and stated on many occaisions that they beleived his innocence, and that they had never seen agressive behavior from this boy, and that thy hoped he had not commited this horrible crime. My friends daughter was arrested and the school didn't even contact the parents as to her arrest until after the fact. In fact they illegally kicked her out of the school without a warning, a diciplinary hearing, and to add insult to injury left her homeless while she handeled the legal matter from a hotel. When we send our children to an out of state school we hope that there is guidence for them, especially when they do stupid things that kids do. Chris Porco got more support as a person of interest in a murder than the girl in this particular incident. Like I said before it was a Martha Stewart type thing and she got a raw deal.. Many attorneys involved are prepared to file charges against the school for the mistreatment, but the parents are satisfied that the administration took appropriate action against the administrator, and she will return in the fall completely reinstated.

Make sure parents that you sign the form that requires the school to advise you of your college students performance, because they (The School)have the right to withhold information unless your child gives them the permission to tell you. Including their grades, even if you are paying for their educaton and room a board.

PS Excuse my spelling, grammar, yes I do speak english, but my typing skills are horrible. If my spelling is offensive I apologize.:D

BF

BF: Actually at 5:03 pm yesterday you wrote : "A few of us have left the living facilities due to...." That statement clearly conveys to me that you are the student. I interpreted the statement from the context in which you wrote it. Forgive me for misunderstanding you.

I think that it is absolutely amazing that so many think that it is not possible that Chris Porco could not have commited these crimes. I don't care where he grew up, how he grew up, who his friends are/were or where he attended school. There was was trouble at home. He forged a $30,000+ loan using his father's name and, if that is not a red flag, please tell me what is. His father was very upset about that. When his fraternity brothers testified during the grand jury proceedings they found out some things about him that led them to feel that he led a life different than the one that he had portrayed. In the words of the coach, "they felt duped". Now, I don't know whether he is guilty or not. What I do know is that criminals don't have a certain look or street address that identifies them as criminals - until after they are caught. They come from anywhere and everywhere. They don't necessarily look like monsters - we pass them on the street unaware. Ted Bundy and Scott Peterson looked like the type of men that mothers wanted their daughters to marry until after they got caught - now they look like monsters.

Oops! Us means us parents who pay room and board for our children to attend U of R. There is cheaper ,nicer , lots more space and in house security for our students, also very close to campus, and real police protection, if needed. The police did have a vehicle parked near CP Frat house for weeks, which was comforting but as I said before there have been some violent incidents involving

OOps again. Incidentts involving intruders on the campus dangerously close to living facilities.

BF

Isn't it possible that Chris is no longer at U of R because they found out that the loan was fraudulent? He signed his father's name to the loan.

I heard GJ is NOT meeting again this Friday. I do not know the reason but I am getting impatient since I live in Delmar and would like some sort of answer. I realize the DA and LE officials asked for our patience but this is getting ridiculous. I heard Porco is keeping a low profile in Delmar and his mother is in Rochester with relatives. I have to agree w/ jannucutt...it is amazing so many people think Porco could not commit these crimes. It seems so obvious to so many. I think about Mrs. Porco everyday and the hell she will endure for the rest of her days on Earth. I hope they nail the piece of ---- that killed her husband and disfigured her and I hope they nail him SOON.

What I found amazing were the reasons people gave for being unable to believe that it was even possible that Chris committed these crimes. I believe that it is possible that Chris did not commit these crimes. In fact, as the time goes on, and the grand jury keeps convening (and not convening), I am beginning to thiink that there may be no real evidence against him. This whole thing is taking too long. I think that it is quite logical to think that if they had any real evidence against Chris, he would have been indicted by now. Also, there are a lot of rumors/stories going around, and they seem to revolve around that letter. It is being said that because of that letter, 3 judges and the Bishop of the Albany Catholic Diocese now have extra security. It is being said that these crimes occurred because of a legal case that Peter was involved with. It is being said that this case is the reason why the home was burgalarized twice and the computers were taken. I don't know which is scarier - the son committing these crimes or some one with a vendetta. I don't know who did it or why, but I am still inclined to believe that the Porco's were not picked at random.

I Don't know what to think! I live in Delmar and am getting frustrated with the long wait. The ADA asked for our patience. I hear GJ will not meet next week due to Presidents' Holiday. The ADA said "Some investigations just lend themselves to painstaking examination of a lot of different facts," McDermott said. "This is one of those cases. You'll just have to be patient."

I am tired of being patient. This is Bull----! Indict him or get off the pot. How the hell long should this take?

Do we know what was in the letter to the Times Union besides the threats? Any details on what case Mr. Porco was working on that could be behind this? Or, do we know why the Bishop of the ACD is involved?

I don't think they have any solid evidence pointing at Chris, the GJ has met too many times without taking action.

See todays Times Union for more on the Porco case.

So it's taken 3 months and a new DA to decide to follow through on things that may lead away from Chris? FINALLY:doh: !!!

The grand jury has met 6 times, they have used GPS to track Christophers movements, (and used that information to try and sway his girlfriend) and still not enough evidence for action.

I find it amazing that they need a meeting to decide if the State Police should become more involved....YES!!!
I'm sure the residents of the area care more about getting to the bottom of this than who has the "lead desk".

Sudzi said:
So it's taken 3 months and a new DA to decide to follow through on things that may lead away from Chris? FINALLY:doh: !!!

The grand jury has met 6 times, they have used GPS to track Christophers movements, (and used that information to try and sway his girlfriend) and still not enough evidence for action.

I find it amazing that they need a meeting to decide if the State Police should become more involved....YES!!!
I'm sure the residents of the area care more about getting to the bottom of this than who has the "lead desk".
I agree. I don't think that the Bethlehem police are able to handle this case - they seem to be in over their heads - and stuck. The State Police needs to be fully involved in this case, if there is any hope in solving it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back