Recovered/Located NY - Halo Branton, 10 months, Hillhurst Park, Schenectady, 10 Mar 2024 *deceased after found*

“The upgraded charge comes after an autopsy on the child showed Halo died of exposure, hypothermia, Carney said.”

“The baby did not drown, the baby was in the water which came up to her chest and around her head, but not her face,” the district attorney said.“

That poor child

The fear, pain & suffering Halo endured for over 12 hours, alone in that tunnel - I just can't fathom how this even happened. Trying to wrap my head around this - so did PN intentionally drop her in the tunnel? Then left and found herself a warm, heated building to sleep it off? Is this correct?

MAR 11, 2024
[...]

The Schenectady County District Attorney said that when Nelson abandoned the child she showed a "depraved indifference," which is a component of New York's murder statute.

[...]

Persia Nelson, 24, appears in Schenectady City Court on Monday to face a second-degree murder charge tied to the death Sunday of her 11-month-old daughter Halo R. Branton. (Paul Nelson/Times Union)

Persia Nelson, 24, appears in Schenectady City Court on Monday to face a second-degree murder charge tied to the death Sunday of her 11-month-old daughter Halo R. Branton. (Paul Nelson/Times Union)

[...]
Wow! Compared to her FB pics, she's looking rough. Wonder if there's a history of substance abuse?

She’s

its the main offices for General Electric , it’s a huge campus
- Police then called in additional resources and were able to connect Nelson to an address on Campbell Avenue and the dead end of 12th Street. They identified that as where she entered the campus.

Roughly 1.3 miles from the party house to Campbell & 12th/Hillhurst Park. But I'm not seeing where she would have accessed the GE Campus? Looks like she would have climped a hill and crossed the railroad tracks?

Last edited:
- Police then called in additional resources and were able to connect Nelson to an address on Campbell Avenue and the dead end of 12th Street. They identified that as where she entered the campus.

Roughly 1.3 miles from the party house to Campbell & 12th/Hillhurst Park. But I'm not seeing where she would have accessed the GE Campus? Looks like she would have climped a hill and crossed the railroad tracks?

She actually would have gone down a hill while in the park and accessed the campus that way. The GE campus is huge and Hillhurst park overlooks it.

MAR 11, 2024
[...]

Police say Nelson had legal custody of Halo, and that the two lived in the City of Schenectady, though police say they did not know whether or not they had a permanent address.

An individual who says she's the cousin of Halo's father spoke with reporters on Sunday, saying the father had been fighting for custody of the 10-month-old infant.

"We need to make the court system stronger," she said. "Because he was fighting for the baby, now look, because she was the Mom, you just gave her away."

[...]

"The baby did not drown," said Schenectady County District Attorney Robert Carney. "The baby was in the water which came up to her chest and around her head but not her face."

Carney said Nelson was found in a heated shed.

Nelson pleaded not guilty and was remanded to Schenectady County Jail in lieu of $500,000 cash bail or $1 million bond. She is scheduled to return to court on Thursday.

According to Schenectady police, additional charges are pending.

An amber alert was issued at 10:10 a.m. Sunday only to law enforcement and media.

An hour later, it was sent out to the public.

New York State Police said there was an error in the system, and this was the first time this error happened, but if the alert had gone out earlier, it would not have impacted the case.

An upstate New York mother posted she was “drunk asf” on social media hours before her missing baby daughter was found dying in a cold, wet utility tunnel at an electric plant.

Persia Nelson, 24, is now facing murder charges in the tragic death of 11-month-old Halo Branton, who died after she was found by a search team in a utility tunnel at Schenectady’s General Electric plant with water her head, according to reports.
mom and kid

MAR 12,
[...]

The young mother was at her boyfriend Dante Gregory’s family’s home on Campbell Avenue Saturday night where a family gathering was taking place.

According to Dante’s family, Nelson left after having a conversation with Dante.

His mother and brother, Allegra and Issac, tell CBS 6’s Briana Supardi that they noticed her gone with baby Halo around 10 p.m. and went looking for her.

[...]

MAR 12,
The Gregorys say they thought Persia Nelson went out to cool off after a disagreement at a family gathering in Schenectady Saturday night, but then they couldn’t find her.

[...]

Persia Nelson posted on Facebook at 8:16pm: “I’m drunk asf don’t play with me right now lmfaooo,” but her boyfriend’s family says she didn’t seem to be.

[...]

Police say G.E. security found Nelson on their campus at about 11pm Saturday night, and that she didn’t know how she had gotten there.

[...]

“Dante is not in the mental state to talk to anybody,” agreed his mother.

Gregory says Nelson has been staying with her sister, Dante’s aunt.

She said when police told Dante they had Persia, but that Halo was missing, he screamed in the car.

MAR 12,
The Gregorys say they thought Persia Nelson went out to cool off after a disagreement at a family gathering in Schenectady Saturday night, but then they couldn’t find her.

[...]

Persia Nelson posted on Facebook at 8:16pm: “I’m drunk asf don’t play with me right now lmfaooo,” but her boyfriend’s family says she didn’t seem to be.

[...]

Police say G.E. security found Nelson on their campus at about 11pm Saturday night, and that she didn’t know how she had gotten there.

[...]

“Dante is not in the mental state to talk to anybody,” agreed his mother.

Gregory says Nelson has been staying with her sister, Dante’s aunt.

She said when police told Dante they had Persia, but that Halo was missing, he screamed in the car.
Is Dante Halo's father?

"She said when police told Dante they had Persia, but that Halo was missing, he screamed in the car."

That's an... interesting... response. Almost like he was already expecting/afraid she had done something to the baby? I wonder what that disagreement was about before she left.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back