Recovered/Located NY - Halo Branton, 10 months, Hillhurst Park, Schenectady, 10 Mar 2024 *deceased after found*

MAR 14, 2024
Persia Nelson is tentatively said to appear in court Friday, but questions still remain about what her mental state was at the time she reported he daughter Halo missing. ...

[...]

... attorney Paul DerOhannesian, an expert in custody cases who says her mental state at that time will be key in determining where this case goes.

“The police chief said in the news conference, she said she didn’t know where she was and that’s very important, why doesn’t she know where she was? Is it because she was intentionally withholding information is it because she’s under the influence of intoxicants? Does she have some mental health issues? That’s going to be ultimately very important as to what happens and her mental state” said the attorney.
Paul DerOhannesian is an expert in "custody cases"? Being blackout drunk and using whatever they were smoking has different implications. Persia left that party in the state she was found in, she didn't go to the GE campus and continue the party. I have some thoughts on why/how others allowed to leave with Halo, but I'll refrain from stating them.

According to the evidence we've seen so far, I'm confident this case will end with a plea bargain. There literally is no defense to Persia's actions that night, which ended Halo's life. How would a jury would react?

Paul DerOhannesian is an expert in "custody cases"? Being blackout drunk and using whatever they were smoking has different implications. Persia left that party in the state she was found in, she didn't go to the GE campus and continue the party. I have some thoughts on why/how others allowed to leave with Halo, but I'll refrain from stating them.

According to the evidence we've seen so far, I'm confident this case will end with a plea bargain. There literally is no defense to Persia's actions that night, which ended Halo's life. How would a jury would react?
I looked him up and did not find him to be an expert in custody cases. Wonder why he was chosen to wade into this. I did look up Stephen Signore her public defender....

MAR 20, 2024
Grandmother of 11-month Halo Branton defends daughter, charged with murder (timesunion.com)
  • DV lives in the South but is back in the area for Halo’s funeral...
  • Nelson will not attend the ceremony as her request to attend was denied.
  • Nelson, who is being represented by Schenectady County Public Defender Stephen Signore, is expected to be arraigned at a future date.
  • She told security staff that she had lost her child, setting off a 12-hour search that culminated around 12:30 p.m. March 10 with the discovery of Halo's body.
  • Halo was rushed by ambulance to Ellis Hospital but could not be revived.
  • Nelson and Halo were at a gathering on Campbell Ave that sits on a hillside above the plant. Nelson descended the hillside from 12th St and made it onto GE property.
  • DV asserted that her daughter would never hurt either of her two children.
  • Nelson also has a 4-year-old son who lives with his father in Hudson.
  • “There’s a lot of people talking that weren’t there, don’t know what happened, but they’re judging and their priority is to treat this like a TV show, to judge and come up with their own conclusions when they weren’t there, none of us were there,” she said.
  • DV said she’s talked with Nelson in jail, but not about the criminal case, and that her daughter is “hanging in there.”
  • “She’s praying like I’m praying that the truth comes out,” DV said.
  • Asked about a March 9 Facebook post at 8:16 p.m. to an account linked to Nelson, her mother questioned if her daughter was really the author.
  • She also wanted to set the record straight that Nelson’s son was not taken away from her and that the living arrangement is a mutual agreement between the two parents.

MAR 21, 2024
NEWS10 has obtained a copy of Persia Nelson’s indictment and she faces a new charge, endangering the welfare of a child.

MAR 22, 2024
The indictment against Persia Nelson, 24, was handed up Thursday. Nelson is now set to be arraigned on the indictment in Schenectady County Court on April 11.

The indictment alleges she, as an adult, "recklessly engaged in conduct which created a grave risk of serious physical injury or death" to a child under the age of 11.
  1. Second-degree Murder
  2. Second-degree Manslaugher
  3. Misdemeanor charge of endangering the welfare of a child
... Elijah says Halo was Persia’s miracle baby, so he isn’t sure why this happened.

“I would assume there was something else involved other than just marijuana and alcohol. I’ve drank with her in the past and we’ve never had a situation where she distributed violent behavior, let alone to a minor or a child so I don’t know what would’ve caused her to do that," said Royal.

"She had a baby before Halo and she wasn’t sure if she was able to have more kids so she came up with the name Halo when she conceived," said Royal.

I would be interested to know the grandiose conspiracy theory the grandmother has to explain how her granddaughter ended up dying in a drainage pipe while in her mother's custody. You know she has one and is probably trying to spin a story about LEO being out to get Persia.

Nobody wants to believe their relative is capable of such violence, least of all parents and their children, but sometimes these desperate defenses are not only pitiful, they are laughable.

MAR 20, 2024
Grandmother of 11-month Halo Branton defends daughter, charged with murder (timesunion.com)
{snipped by @tlcya for focus}
  • “There’s a lot of people talking that weren’t there, don’t know what happened, but they’re judging and their priority is to treat this like a TV show, to judge and come up with their own conclusions when they weren’t there, none of us were there,” she said.
  • DV said she’s talked with Nelson in jail, but not about the criminal case, and that her daughter is “hanging in there.”
  • “She’s praying like I’m praying that the truth comes out,” DV said.
  • Asked about a March 9 Facebook post at 8:16 p.m. to an account linked to Nelson, her mother questioned if her daughter was really the author.
  • She also wanted to set the record straight that Nelson’s son was not taken away from her and that the living arrangement is a mutual agreement between the two parents.
I can imagine how difficult it would be to accept that my child was responsible for the death of my grandbaby. But grandmother is right about one thing. When she says the BBM, she isn't wrong. Simply misguided, helped along by denial. MOO

Asked about a March 9 Facebook post at 8:16 p.m. to an account linked to Nelson, her mother questioned if her daughter was really the author.

“Was it really her who wrote that? I don’t know,” she countered where the person wrote in part that they were “drunk asf don’t play with me right now lmfaooo.” “There’s something about this that’s not right, I can tell you that.”

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/grandmother-11-month-halo-branton-defends-daughter-19258244.php

something about it indeed was not right. and that something is her own daughter. JMO

MAR 26, 2024
Persia Nelson, 24, is slated to be arraigned April 11 in Schenectady (timesunion.com)
The mother of two charged with killing her 11-month-old daughter is slated to be arraigned next month ...

Signore said Persia Nelson will appear before Schenectady County Court Judge Matthew Sypniewski at 4 p.m. April 11 for the proceeding. At that time, the indictment or charging document is expected to be unsealed before Nelson, 24, is formally arraigned on the offenses.

[...]

APR 11, 2024
24-year-old Persia Nelson, accused of killing her 10-month-old baby girl Halo Branton, pleaded not guilty to all charges in an arraignment at Schenectady County Court on Thursday.

[...]

Branton would have turned celebrated her first birthday this Sunday.

During court, the people said they are ready to start trial, but public defender Signore said there's much to do "I just got 102 list of pieces of evidence, and I couldn't even tell you which way this case is gonna go."

[...]

A trial date has not been set yet but the next court appearances include May 28th the defense has the chance to file for any motions, June 11th the people have a chance to respond, and a decision on those motions will be made on June 25th.

Signore also said Nelson is "eager herself to see what it is they have on her."

On Sunday, March 10th, police found Nelson in a heated shed on Schenectady's General Electric Campus. She told police she had no idea how she got there and couldn't find her baby.

The night before, Branton was reported missing, and Nelson posted to her Facebook she was drunk.

Is that because she was black-out drunk/high and remembers nothing that happened that night? That statement smacks of someone who feels no responsibility in the death of her child. I'll be curious to see what kind of a defense they present.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back