NY NY - Hudson Highlands SP, Mt Taurus "Bull Hill", WhtFem 45-65, 236UFNY, clothes, accessories, Oct'07

I wonder what that bump or discoloration is by Nicole's right eye (it appears on the left in the photo, of course.) Jane Doe doesn't have it, although it could have been a temporary skin condition that cleared up.

My guess is that it was probably acne.. but it's really hard to tell.

Another comparison...

Attachments

• shellymariemathieuread.JPG
    shellymariemathieuread.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 123
According to a search for Cuomo's name on Spearboard.com, it seems she was lost during a dive and it would have been extremely out of character for her to disappear, leaving others assuming she was dead. I still think it's worth looking into because of her resemblance to Jane Doe.

The other two photo comparisons also look good, especially Shelly.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/cuomo_nicole.html

the creases on her forehead are the same, the ears look attached at the lobe, her nose is very similar...

I suspect the age estimation is off as well-- she just doesn't look that old, and I doubt she'd be carrying around a tampon if she was 60 (at least I think that's a tampon in the plastic zip bag)

I've got chills...

Stupid Question-wouldn't the UID be tan if it were Nicole? She appears pale of course, but the description is of a light complexion.

Stupid Question-wouldn't the UID be tan if it were Nicole? She appears pale of course, but the description is of a light complexion.

Most of the photos of the deceased I have seen look very pale.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/cuomo_nicole.html

the creases on her forehead are the same, the ears look attached at the lobe, her nose is very similar...

I suspect the age estimation is off as well-- she just doesn't look that old, and I doubt she'd be carrying around a tampon if she was 60 (at least I think that's a tampon in the plastic zip bag)

Very, very strong resemblence.

and good point about the tampon. (<--on second thought if thats a tampon its the biggest tampon i ever saw. Its a shoelace or a bundle of string, I think)

Tamar, SUBMIT THIS!

Very, very strong resemblence.

and good point about the tampon. (<--on second thought if thats a tampon its the biggest tampon i ever saw. Its a shoelace or a bundle of string, I think)

Tamar, SUBMIT THIS!

It had been raining, if the tampon got wet it would expand and look like that. So it really does look like a wet tampon, expanded..

also, the UID looks to me to be someone who could be more like 35-50 years old, who has just lived a very "hard" life. anyone else agree?

I agree, i hope LE runs her prints through the database for any possible matches in the states, that would help narrow down the search for her identity.

good point on the tan... but what's the time lapse between disappearance and UID discovery? Could she have been in NY and lost her tan after a few weeks?

I was impressed that the tampon (if it is indeed a tampon) was in a plastic baggie because it's the kind of thing a diver would do. I also like the fact thats she had sissors, and other utilitarian items. Makes me think she likes to be 'prepared'. She seems sharp, calculating.

Though, one thing that still bothers-- Nicole seemed like she had a good life; good friends; solid interests; enjoyed her environment etc... She just doesn't strike me as someone with a need or desire to 'disappear'-- on the otherhand, the 'lost-in-the-water-faked-death' seems to be pretty popular/successful for others with that agenda. So who knows? I will submit it, unless someone else has already?

folks, I was on a site with an email address for the investigating agency for this UID and on a whim I sent them the url for some of the great side by sides that folks have created on this thread. The investigator responded quickly! But she can't create an account or see the images - so I forwarded her some of our more likely possibles. I also asked her if the white thing is a rope or a shoelace or a tampon or what and if they believed the Jane Doe was homeless or not. I'll keep you posted as to the response.

She's very responsive, so if we have questions or suggestions we should go for it.

investigator responded:

Shelly Mathieu-Read ruled out
Nicole Cuomo ruled out
Marilyn Sundin ruled out

According to a search for Cuomo's name on Spearboard.com, it seems she was lost during a dive and it would have been extremely out of character for her to disappear, leaving others assuming she was dead. I still think it's worth looking into because of her resemblance to Jane Doe.

The other two photo comparisons also look good, especially Shelly.

I agree... Shelly does look eerily similar to the composite drawing, as does Nicole aka Nikki.

also, the UID looks to me to be someone who could be more like 35-50 years old, who has just lived a very "hard" life. anyone else agree?

I totally agree!! Whomever she was.. to me, she appears to be a younger woman who has had a rough life.. with drugs and alcohol, etc. She may have been homeless.. and if she was, she was newly homeless. She was outdoors in October (not the time of year to be camping in NY), so it is very likely (I feel) that she was living outside. The cause of death hasn't been released.. so it may have been an accident. Did anybody else notice that the place where she was found is called "Break Neck"??? Anybody see the irony in that? Must be called that for a reason... if she wasn't homeless, she may have been hiking.. or maybe she committed suicide there.. who knows. It's difficult to know what happened to her with the cause of death still being withheld.

After reading other posts regarding skin tone.. I wonder if a person's skin turns lighter once they have died.. It may not be Nicole, as the location distance is still a big concern for me. "Nikki" went missing in FL.. the UID was discovered in NY. Did anybody else read Nikki Cuomo's blogs on her myspace about Scuba Diving and not being able to hold her breath for too long? If she were scuba diving.. anything could have happened. One of her blogs even mentions something about low visibility in the water.. She could very well have been killed/eaten by a shark. Stung and killed by a Stingray... who knows, she had a VERY risky hobby that may have gotten her killed. Very sad, at any rate. I don't think she is still alive. On further comparison between Nikki and the UIDs photos- Nikki had more earlobe than the UID, the UID had ears close to the head and almost no earlobe, whereas- Nikki had earlobes large enough for earrings.. The mystery continues...... :confused:

Please put a disclaimer before you post post portem photos. :) This one wasn't bad so I don't mind much but some are... creepy and I see a disclaimer and prefer not to see the post portems. :) Thnx. A long time ago, on this website, this happened before and it was a little girl's autopsy photo! The image stayed in my mind for a long time...

Beth,

Did she have an explanation for ruling these ladies out??

Thanks.

nope. thats a direct cut and paste - she also didn't respond to my questions regarding the tampon/shoelace or whether this woman appeared homeless. I will ask for a list of "ruled outs" and see if we are able to get that.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back