NY NY - Hudson Highlands SP, Mt Taurus "Bull Hill", WhtFem 45-65, 236UFNY, clothes, accessories, Oct'07

Hi ya fellow web sleuths,

I came across this case of the brown-haired lady found deceased and can't find a thread about it on here yet (correct me if im wrong).

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/16251

Date found October 13, 2007
Minimum age45 years
Maximum age 65 years
Weight (pounds) 130, Estimated
Height (inches) 67, Estimated
GPS coordinates
Mt. Taurus, Hudson Highlands State Park
Phillipstown New York, County Putnam
Circumstances
On Saturday, October 13, 2007 an unidentified female body was found on Mt. Taurus "Bull Hill", about a mile and a half from Breakneck Mountain, Hudson Highlands State Park. The deceased is described as a white female with brown shoulder length hair and a small build, height 5'06" to 5'08", weight 125-135 lbs., estimated year of birth 1942-1962
Hair color: Brown
Head hair: shoulder length hair
Medical information
3 inch. Linear scars along the undersurface of the right and left breas
Clothing on body
blue "Cavaricci" jeans, blue sweatshirt, black sweater, and black Reebok high top sneakers

Putnam_County_2007_UID.jpgPossessions.JPG

I then researched a bit and came across Lisa Lee Chandler, missing since September 2007. As far as I can tell all the facts seem to match and something about her neck especially and the picture make me think it could be her. What do you guys think?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/26381/110/

M0710003.jpg

Hi ya fellow web sleuths,

I came across this case of the brown-haired lady found deceased and can't find a thread about it on here yet (correct me if im wrong).

Date found October 13, 2007
Minimum age45 years
Maximum age 65 years
Weight (pounds)130, Estimated
Height (inches)67, Estimated
GPS coordinates
Mt. Taurus, Hudson Highlands State Park
Phillipstown New York, County Putnam
Circumstances
On Saturday, October 13, 2007 an unidentified female body was found on Mt. Taurus "Bull Hill", about a mile and a half from Breakneck Mountain, Hudson Highlands State Park. The deceased is described as a white female with brown shoulder length hair and a small build, height 5'06" to 5'08", weight 125-135 lbs., estimated year of birth 1942-1962
Hair color: Brown
Head hair: shoulder length hair
Medical information
3 inch. Linear scars along the undersurface of the right and left breas
Clothing on body
blue "Cavaricci" jeans, blue sweatshirt, black sweater, and black Reebok high top sneakers

View attachment 108844View attachment 108845

I then researched a bit and came across Lisa Lee Chandler, missing since September 2007. As far as I can tell all the facts seem to match and something about her neck especially and the picture make me think it could be her. What do you guys think?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/26381/110/

View attachment 108846
Very

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Jaw on the reconstruction looks more square, however, they still line up very nicely, definitely worth contacting the relevant people!
If it is her, I'm curious how she ended up in New York from Texas!

Hey thanks for the feedback! Its weird indeed that the two cases are so apart, but since Lisa lived near Highway 34 who knows? She might got picked up somewhere. I also can't really tell if the case is a homicide or a suicide from the description.

I emailed the two detectives responsible for Lisas disappearance and left a voicemail. When i hear back i shall let you know:).

Bumping this case up with the current NAMUS link: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

Hey thanks for the feedback! Its weird indeed that the two cases are so apart, but since Lisa lived near Highway 34 who knows? She might got picked up somewhere. I also can't really tell if the case is a homicide or a suicide from the description.

I emailed the two detectives responsible for Lisas disappearance and left a voicemail. When i hear back i shall let you know:).

Any luck?

I'm a bit surprised they havent declared this suspicious yet. Given the items she was carrying why wouldn't she have been carrying ID? On the surface yes it looks like she was somewhat prepared for a dayhike but most folks who hike often have higher quality brand gear and know compared to a cammenga compass or equivalent most button type compasses are inaccurate and can be dangerous in a survival orientation context. She doesnt strike me as the seasoned type of hiker with proper ifak and survival gear as well as gortex or similar gear with dwr applied for rainy weather. And the jeans is a no no too when doing serious hiking. What kind of base layers did she have? Polyester/synthetic/wool? What kind of keys was she carrying? Make and brand? Same goes for gear including serial number or manufacture date stamps or places of assembly origin? And what condition and orientation was her body found in? ME report? Too many unknowns at this point but given what she did and didnt have on her I would think she was with someone else who got her to leave her id and other personal belongings as well as water bottle, phone and/or radio and food supply and rely on them instead to carry an equivalent or the access to such things to say something like a locked vehicle or nearby building. It seems like she was casually hiking with someone. But that is just my speculation.

Unidentified: Town of Phillipstown, Putnam County​

NIC #U130035065
Basic Information
Race:
White
Sex: Female
Height: 5' 6" - 5' 8"
Weight: 130 pounds
Remains Found: 10/13/2007
Location: Mt. Taurus (Bull Hill), Hudson Highlands State Park
On Saturday, October 13, 2007, an unidentified female body was found on Mt. Taurus "Bull Hill", about a mile and a half from Breakneck Mountain, Hudson Highlands State Park. The deceased is described as a white female with brown shoulder length hair and a small build, height 5'6" - 5'8", weight 125 - 135 lbs., estimated year of birth from 1942 - 1962, wearing blue "Cavaricci" jeans, blue sweatshirt, black sweater, black Reebok high top sneakers and sunglasses.

If you have any information, please call:
New York State Park Police
Staatsburg, N.Y.
(845) 786-2781
or e-mail the information to: nysvicap@troopers.ny.gov

@Caring1 Hey could you post the current list of NamUs exclusions for this Jane Doe? I would greatly appreciate it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back