Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.facebook.com/TownOfNewBerlinPolice?fref=ts

"Members of the Town of New Berlin Police Department assist in search efforts to locate a missing New Berlin woman"

Note: This FB page was created this past Thursday. Possibly coincidental that the search for her was announced on the Help Find JR page on Wednesday, and that the New Berlin PD continued to search for her today, the planned search date, despite it being cancelled.

I am happy to see this!

Note: This FB page was created this past Thursday. Possibly coincidental that the search for her was announced on the Help Find JR page on Wednesday, and that the New Berlin PD continued to search for her today, the planned search date, despite it being cancelled.

I am happy to see this!

I am encouraged that LE proceeded with the search today..

:rocker: :cop: :rocker:

I hope that the lack of FB postings on the Missing site (unless I'm now banned) isn't contributing to the slowness here. I get the feeling that no updated or news satisfies certain people as we have no new nothing to challenge or dispute. I still think about JR daily and still the idea of her leaving or being randomly attacked makes no sense. Jmo

has a reward fund for information, etc been set up yet?

respectfully snipped

Such a great question! Why no reward here?? It seems like most missing person cases offer a reward, regardless of the circumstances. I mean, I don't know the statistics, but it seems like it.

Likewise, why no national (or at least state-wide) news coverage? If she ran off, someone may have seen her in a store at some point, and recall the encounter when they see her on the news. Or someone may be a friend of a friend, and know that said friend's new gf looks an awful lot like Jennifer.

If it is thought that she ran away, these would be great ways to elicit information from people. Yet, they aren't doing it. (Is this because no one really thinks she did run away?)

Thanks for bringing this back up, because there was quite a bit of talk about this in the previous thread, and I never understood why.

Everyone ~ what is the significance of GR filling up JR's gas tank prior two days prior to her disappearance? I'm not following...

My ex always used to fill up my gas tank if he noticed I was low on gas. Never asked him to, he just did it, as I would for example, buy him shaving cream if I noticed he was running out...

???

I've never quite understood this either. The information that the tank was filled apparently came from GR himself, according to this article:

http://thedailystar.com/localnews/x1423436202/Officials-seek-leads-on-missing-area-woman

"In one of his last postings pertaining to the case, Ganesh Ramsaran recalled that two days before his wife vanished, he visited a local grocery store and filled up the gasoline tank of the minivan that she would use.

Cutting said investigators are trying to corroborate that information."

It must be relevant in some way, if investigators were trying to corroborate the information. It must have something to do with how much gas was in the tank when the car was found.

This case is really confusing me. I really cannot get a feeling as to what is going on. We have a husband who is acting very strange and should be raising flags left and right, a victims family who is oddly detached, a police dept that reacts by starting a facebook page showing they are out searching!, and a public that wants to help but is being held at as length. There is so little official information and so much misinformation. Over a month has gone by and the police are worried about evidence being destroyed... None of it adds up. I am very frustrated that I cannot even get a gut feeling on what happened here, I just feel like we really don't know a fraction of the facts here. The only thing I am certain of is that no where near enough is being done to locate this woman. It seems so deliberate to me that they want let it go cold.

This case is really confusing me. I really cannot get a feeling as to what is going on. We have a husband who is acting very strange and should be raising flags left and right, a victims family who is oddly detached, a police dept that reacts by starting a facebook page showing they are out searching!, and a public that wants to help but is being held at as length. There is so little official information and so much misinformation. Over a month has gone by and the police are worried about evidence being destroyed... None of it adds up. I am very frustrated that I cannot even get a gut feeling on what happened here, I just feel like we really don't know a fraction of the facts here. The only thing I am certain of is that no where near enough is being done to locate this woman. It seems so deliberate to me that they want let it go cold.

It definitely is an odd one! And oh so very frustrating.

The family could APPEAR to be detached when they're really not. I think it's important to note that is all, because remember, they live in AZ and actively searched as soon as they came back to NY. Jennifer's father is the one who found her car.

Also, maybe the husband's erratic IS raising red flags, and the police are aware of it.

Just a thought...

:)

The point that I was trying to make regarding GR posting how he filled the tank with gas two days prior was just pointing out inconsistencies in the story. I read GR's actual post about this and was led to believe that he filled the tank especially for the upcoming trip but according to the below quote JR only told her husband "that morning she was going to Destiny USA to do some shopping." IMO

Ramsaran, of Sheff Road in New Berlin, was last seen by family members on the morning of December 11, 2012 at her home. Ramsaran reportedly told her husband that morning that she was going to Destiny USA to do some shopping.

http://www.cnycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=846570#.UPzG1x17dDR

BBM

Hi All – I’m fairly new at this, and this is the first case in USA I have read. So I do hope you don’t mind me adding my thoughts. These are MOO and I do have a vivid imagination.

My opinion is based on GR being a controlling narcissist:

Filling up the gas tank: Nothing really unusual – unless he didn’t completely fill it to make LE think the vehicle had travelled much further than it looks like. I’m sure they would be trying to work out how many miles it had travelled on a full tank, and if it wasn’t full this would bring the search radius in a lot closer than they think. The investigation and search would be based on GR information.

Gaming Online: Maybe (just maybe) he was the one gaming on her phone. An opportunity to turn the investigation around to the direction he desires. Very possible if he was working from home and her phone was left around the house. I doubt anyone would know that someone was showing her an “awful lot of attention” if she was trying to keep her marriage together. If she told anyone, I imagine it would be her “best friend” who is GR’s running mate. I can’t see anyone else she would tell, she was probably afraid for her children and family.

The person she was speaking to Online “for hours on end”: Was it by phone or Online – big difference. KS says he had so much false information on her “it’s ridiculous” – many people tell lies online if they don’t know the person, so I don’t see any relevance here at all…………….and maybe it wasn’t even her.

The Anonymous Tip: Very probably a friend of GR, hence wanting to remain anonymous. He’s got to get his plans out there somehow.

The Hair: KF advised that GR found hair dye and hair after she had disappeared – then why would his relative SR state that she changed her hair 2 weeks prior, and it was nothing fancy in a reply to a post here.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...89940420.68660.222558184447365&type=1&theater

Her Behaviour: Possibly since GR “asked for a divorce” she has been “controlled” to behave and hasn’t been herself – sad, lonely, depressed and scared – maybe with good cause. The timeline seems to be around the same time from what I’ve read. This also brings up the question of her Online gaming, I doubt she would put her marriage in jeopardy and get close to someone else if he had already asked for a divorce (months before) and she begged for him not to.

His Alibi: I work from home, but not a large company like IBM so I imagine it would be very different, but I can email and log on via an iPad or iPhone. I can also talk to people on my cell phone from anywhere, doesn’t mean I’m at home, so I imagine he can as well. LE need to get GPS on his phone as well as JR’s. I agree that he could have taken the van, dumped it and then ran to the Y for the camera. He then went to the Sauna which he never goes to and ran into his old friend the officer from LE. Maybe he NEVER goes there, but maybe he knew his friend did, any opportunity for an alibi.

Hopefully I’m totally off base, and sorry for rambling on.

I am VERY worried for Jennifer, and her kids. Hoping she can be found soon.

Yes...that photo is on the Eagle Valley Search Dogs FB page.. Also check out the Town of New Berlin Police FB page....they were out searching today and posted some photos.

Thank you for that. I just looked through the recent photos on the Eagle Valley Search Dogs FB page. Interesting.

Basic Info - "Our dogs are specifically trained to search for lost and missing persons. Specialties include, area search, human remains detection, water recovery and evidence searches"

Eagle Valley Search Dogs
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Eagle-Valley-Search-Dogs/124268537622553?sk=info

Hi All – I’m fairly new at this, and this is the first case in USA I have read. So I do hope you don’t mind me adding my thoughts. These are MOO and I do have a vivid imagination.

~respectfully snipped for space~

WELCOME to the thread, sleepinoz, and thank you for your very thoughtful post! You make many wonderful points, and offer new things to consider. I'll comment on some of it in just a few. I hope you'll stick around and help us figure this one out! :)

Filling up the gas tank: Nothing really unusual – unless he didn’t completely fill it to make LE think the vehicle had travelled much further than it looks like. I’m sure they would be trying to work out how many miles it had travelled on a full tank, and if it wasn’t full this would bring the search radius in a lot closer than they think. The investigation and search would be based on GR information.

~snipped~

Really great possibility! If GR made a point of bringing it up, and/or if LE made a point of asking him about it, then the gas tank must be relevant in some way.

Another thought I had - if he wanted to make it look like JR had driven the car around town a lot, or out of town for some distance, then he could easily have filled up the car 2 days prior, and then siphoned most of it out at some later time. Maybe, like you're saying, to throw LE off from looking "close to home" for JR?

But if he wanted to make it look like she left with someone else, why wouldn't he have left the tank full to make it appear that she met someone and went off with him in another car?

Hmmm, there has to be some reason for the car to have been low on gas...

One more thought on the gas, and I'll admit that this may be a bit far-fetched, but something to consider.....

I wonder if he siphoned out some gas to use as fuel to burn evidence??? He wouldn't want to be seen purchasing gas for a gas can, so he takes it from the car.

Just a thought.

His Alibi: I work from home, but not a large company like IBM so I imagine it would be very different, but I can email and log on via an iPad or iPhone. I can also talk to people on my cell phone from anywhere, doesn’t mean I’m at home, so I imagine he can as well. LE need to get GPS on his phone as well as JR’s. I agree that he could have taken the van, dumped it and then ran to the Y for the camera. He then went to the Sauna which he never goes to and ran into his old friend the officer from LE. Maybe he NEVER goes there, but maybe he knew his friend did, any opportunity for an alibi.

It definitely seems like he went out of his way to make sure that he had an alibi for the rest of the day. I wouldn't doubt that he knew his cop buddy might be at the sauna. Because how perfect is that?? TOO perfect.

You're so right about being able to email from his phone. You can do pretty much anything on an iphone that you can do on a computer. So while he's driving around, he makes sure to send out several emails, making it look like he's home working. I do hope LE is checking into this, and I hope that GR isn't tech-savvy enough to have figured out some way around it.

It sounds like the day was pretty well planned out.

I think it all depends on how much gas was in the car when it was found. Siphoning it out is messy and could possibly leave evidence on his clothing or the ground, he would also have to get rid of the tools he used to siphone. The burning is a possibility, but it would still leave some sort of trace if the spot was ever found. A full tank would lend itself to her leaving with someone else, but I don't believe this at all. It also doesn't explain the mud on the car. MOO

I wonder how much time passed between the time the kids left for school (I'm assuming they were the last ones to see her, other than GR) and the first time GR was seen somewhere in town. If he had several hours (during which time he made sure to send a few emails from his phone), he could have driven who knows where. Casey drove around with Caylee in the trunk for days. It would be a risky thing to do, as you wouldn't want to get pulled over during that time, but possible. OR, maybe he got rid of her fairly close to home, and then drove quite some distance away to dispose of other evidence (purse? clothes?) I can't think of much of a good reason for doing that, but who knows what's going on in someone's mind.

ETA: Another far-fetched thought, but all thoughts are good thoughts, right?? If he planted the phone, and parked the car, in locations that he felt would make it appear that she ran away.... maybe he drove quite some distance away to plant other evidence somewhere (like her driver's liscense) that, when found, would make it appear even more like she left town and perhaps changed identities. Maybe he counted on it being found by now, but it hasn't been found yet.

Wild thought, I know. The product of late-night thinking. I should be winding down for sleep, but my mind keeps mulling over everything here.

Supposedly she took 2 hours to get ready to go shopping. She could have been washing dishes, doing housework etc. But why 2 hours when you had a fairly big drive ahead of you to get your christmas shopping done in basically one day???? Sorry for keeping you up but the time difference with me on the other side of the world doesn't always work well.

Supposedly she took 2 hours to get ready to go shopping. She could have been washing dishes, doing housework etc. But why 2 hours when you had a fairly big drive ahead of you to get your christmas shopping done in basically one day???? Sorry for keeping you up but the time difference with me on the other side of the world doesn't always work well.

No worries, you're not keeping me up! I'm a total night owl :) And once my mind gets hooked on something, it's really hard to turn it off and go to sleep. I'll stay up a few more minutes, and then close the computer and read for a while.

My family and I went xmas shopping one day to a mall a little over an hour from us, and we got up and got ready to go. Like you're saying, you don't try to cram other things into the morning - you want to get going, spend your time there, and get home at a reasonable time that evening.

It also wouldn't make sense that she'd color/cut her hair that morning, I wouldn't think, which we've talked about here before.

Either she never planned on going to the mall (and actually planned on running away), or GR waylaid her plans, so to speak (i.e. did something horrible).

It would be interesting to know when and where her phone pinged until it was found.
Was the phone on all the time?
Can the pings show she was moving from the home that morning driving here and there? Maybe like driving to an area somewhere she could have gotten mud on her car? (If we believe that piece of rumor.)
Was her phone off from the time she left home (alive or dead) and then magically began to ping before the husband found it?
When was the first attempt made to locate her phone?
If I understand correctly, this is an iPhone we are talking about, so what about GPS coordinates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny