GUILTY NY - Laura Garza, 25, Manhattan, 3 December 2008

Wow - this doesn't sound good. His previous predatory problems do not include dead woman, but as we all know, behavior like this often escalates with these men.

My prayers that she will be found soon.

"Mele under close supervision at jail; police regroup on search for Garza"

"GOSHEN -- Michael Mele, the Town of Wallkill sex offender being eyed in the disappearance of a Brooklyn beauty, is being held in isolation and under close 24/7 watch at the Orange County Jail."

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081210/NEWS/81210027

Features some pics of Laura Garza.
Also if you click on the links on the right, they're a timeline of sorts of articles/videos regarding the case.

That guy is so guilty, he's even suicidal he's so scared, he knows he'll get sent up the creek for this.

If by any chance they let this Mele out, via court or eventual parole, there is no doubt that he will become a serial killer. His prior behavior exhibited, his escalation to murder.

I generally hold back on judgment until all the evidence is in, but I won't this time. This guy is guilty guilty guilty.

It was said on Nancy Grace tonight that his apartment had been cleaned with bleach.

"Mele under close supervision at jail; police regroup on search for Garza"

"GOSHEN -- Michael Mele, the Town of Wallkill sex offender being eyed in the disappearance of a Brooklyn beauty, is being held in isolation and under close 24/7 watch at the Orange County Jail."

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081210/NEWS/81210027

Features some pics of Laura Garza.
Also if you click on the links on the right, they're a timeline of sorts of articles/videos regarding the case.

That guy is so guilty, he's even suicidal he's so scared, he knows he'll get sent up the creek for this.

Yep, one might be scared if innocent but not likely to be suicidal.

Also not likely to say someone is missing before the person has been reported as missing:

"The two were seen leaving the swank New York City Marquee club last week. Mele and an unidentified man drove from Manhattan to Newburgh.
Garza’s not been seen since.
In a phone call to the man - identified in court papers as an “informant” - Mele referred to Garza being reported missing eight hours before she actually was. (article above)

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081210/NEWS/812100351/-1/NEWS67

"TOWN OF NEWBURGH — Sex offender Michael Mele went to Orange County Jail on Tuesday, facing new charges that he repeatedly violated probation before he became a "person of interest" in the disappearance of a Brooklyn woman last week.

Mele, 23, is accused of blowing off three mandatory sex-offender treatment appointments within 10 days, on Nov. 4, Nov. 6 and Nov. 13. He's charged with failing to notify the county probation department that he was changing his address from his parents' home in the Town of Newburgh to a condo complex in the Town of Wallkill, and he's charged with violating probation by drinking at a nightclub Dec. 3, the morning a surveillance camera captured Mele and 25-year-old Laura Garza leaving Club Marquee in lower Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood."

Unreal that this guy was able to roam the streets, some articles refer to his father as a former NYPD MTA Police Chief (not that I am accusing him of anything) so I suppose he may have known how to work the system. poor girl what a terrible thing to have happen to her, she was so excited about her new life in NY.

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081209/NEWS/81209015

" A number of women came forward Monday with information about a sex offender who left a nightclub with a woman who vanished shortly afterward, state police said as they searched woods and trash bins near the man's home.

The missing woman, 25-year-old Laura Garza, was a newly transplanted New Yorker who had left a Texas border town with dreams of becoming a dancer. The suspect, 23-year-old Michael Mele, had a record of creepy sex crimes in the northern suburbs"

"By Monday evening, Mele was facing apparently unrelated charges. Authorities in Paramus, N.J., issued a warrant accusing him of lewdness in a public place and exposure to a child under 13 years of age, Rockland County sheriff's Detective Lt. William Barbera told reporters, calling the new case "similar" to his previous offenses. Sgt. Harry Baumann of the Clarkstown police said Mele's earlier convictions involved several episodes of public lewdness, including masturbating near women at a shopping mall."

I am just outraged that this guy was not pulled in by his probation officer for failing to show for his mandatory classes and that no one seems to have taken his behavior seriously. This guy was a walking predator and I am so baffled as to why he got away with so much.

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081209/NEWS/812090325

"Michael Mele, a ladies' man with a penchant for perverse behavior, had what appeared to be a bite mark on one of his fingers and scratches on his shoulder and back when he surrendered to police during the investigation into the disappearance of a Brooklyn woman, according to court documents.

A Newburgh town justice ordered Mele, 23, who lives in the Town of Wallkill, to pose naked for state police photographers so that they could inventory his body for clues in last week's disappearance of 25-year-old Laura Garza."

Court records revealed that a Manhattan prosecutor observed clean-cut pieces of carpet missing from the living room, master bedroom, hallway and part of the hallway closet in Mele's Wallkill apartment. Only the foam padding beneath the carpet remained.

The day after Mele and the informant went their separate ways, Mele called to ask if anyone had been asking about the girl. When the informant said no, and asked why, Mele said she had been reported missing, said he had to go and then hung up.

In fact, Garza wasn't reported missing until about eight hours after Mele's phone call to the informant."

100K bail???? He'll be out in no time. The family has money, he has his own money. Ugh. OTOH, maybe he will lead them to the body of poor Laura. I have a terrible feeling she is dismembered. And his GF helped him carry out the rugs???? WTH? I hope she is cooperating with the cops or charged with aiding and abetting this fool. So sad.

ETA: just read the VanZandt article, it is well done and the comments are interesting too. It mentions 300K bail, the other article said 100K. Both too low!

100K bail???? He'll be out in no time. The family has money, he has his own money. Ugh. OTOH, maybe he will lead them to the body of poor Laura. I have a terrible feeling she is dismembered. And his GF helped him carry out the rugs???? WTH? I hope she is cooperating with the cops or charged with aiding and abetting this fool. So sad.

ETA: just read the VanZandt article, it is well done and the comments are interesting too. It mentions 300K bail, the other article said 100K. Both too low!

No worries, even if he makes bail, he'll still be held as a fugitive, so he's not getting out. They have their man, they won't release him, even on bail.

http://www.lohud.com/article/20081209/NEWS03/812090420/1019/NEWS03

"Even if Mele posts $300,000 bail, he would be held in jail as a fugitive from justice, Berry said."

It´s horrible, I don´t have a good felling about it, she´s so pretty and she seam so happy in all of her pictures.

Her case has got lots of media attention but unfortunatly she´s still missing and probably dead. This case is given me chills.

tdy_alexander_nightclub_081209.300w.jpg

http://www.chatarea.com/psychicsearchformissingchildrenandadults

psychic search for missing children and adults

"A piece of carpet found by a suburban highway in Sullivan county may help in the search for a missing Brooklyn woman.

Police have been combing the Sullivan county community of Bloomingburg for signs of Laura Garza since last week."

From wabc.com.

There is an interview with a girl Mele attacked, she´s also a very pretty brunette, her name is Adreana McLean, 19 years old, attacked two years ago.

I wonder if more women come forward with a story, he seam to attack gorgeous looking brunettes.

Laura Garza left and Adreana McLean right

amd_garza.jpg
amd_mclean.jpg

http://chatarea.com/psychicsearchformissingchildrenandadults

psychic search for missing children and adults

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads