GUILTY NY - Leiby Kletzky, 8, Brooklyn, 11 July 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds like the really big search is going to start at 5pm!
Chaim Deutsch of the Flatbush Shomrim told VIN News that the joint Shomrim forces have put out a call for volunteers from all over to join in the massive search. Volunteers are asked to report to 61st Street, between 15th and 16th Avenues at 5 PM. Busloads of volunteers from many areas including the Catskills, Lakewood and Monsey are expected to join the search later today.

(((link I just posted above))))

1205 44th St, Brooklyn, NY 11219 to 13th Ave & 56th St, Brooklyn, NY 11219 - Google Maps

Google walking route gives directions down 12th so I chose the above for driving directions. This is about a 15 min walk or 3 min ride by car. What concerns me is what looks like the location of the subway stop in relation to where he should have arrived home. I hope LE is reviewing survellience video from the subway stop ( if I am reading the map correctly. It appears a stop is hidden near point B.)

I hope LE can confirm he walked home with a neighor until about a block from home. It appears the subway stop may be close to the block from home.

I wonder if he had any curiousity about riding the sub and would have perhaps gotten on the subway.

The other thing that worries me is the city parking. Cars lined up on both sides of the street, many of them SUV's or mini vans which could easily block a child of Leibby's size.

I wonder if he would hide if scared.

:praying: he is found safely soon!

5:05PM EST (Tuesday): Highly credible sources tell YWN that 9-year-old Leiby Kletzky has been spotted on CCTV footage walking on 44th Street in the area of 14th Avenue, after 5:00PM on Monday evening. We are also being told that there may be additional footage with Leiby in it. NYPD Detectives are in possession of the footage.

Based on this latest development, Shomrim Coordinators have decided to leave the Mobile Command Center at the current location of 15th Avenue and 57th Street.

http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/article.php?p=97250

Do we know if the child was alone on the footage they have? I am hoping that maybe he got lost or confused....surely he would approach a store owner or a police officer and ask for help. Bless his heart....I hope he is ok.

The boy's father left with police officers this afternoon for undisclosed reasons, and it's unclear where they were taking him.

“He normally took a bus down, you know, like every child, he wanted a little bit of independence, wanted to do a little bit of walking on his own,” said Brooklyn Assemblyman Dov Hikind. “So they had decided that they were going to — instead of walking all the way home, the mother was going to meet him just two blocks or so away from the day camp. The day camp is at 12th Avenue and 44th street, and the mother was meeting him at 13th Avenue, just one street over. Never arrived. Never showed up.”

http://brooklyn.ny1.com/content/top...ty-gathers-to-search-for-missing-brooklyn-boy

I feel I must over be protected with 8 year old gs...I would never left him going anywhere without adult. I just don't understand a 8 years old is still a child to me.

Do we know if the child was alone on the footage they have? I am hoping that maybe he got lost or confused....surely he would approach a store owner or a police officer and ask for help. Bless his heart....I hope he is ok.

well... the reporting has been all over the place... supposedly he was walking with a friend to the friend's house where his mother would meet him...

another says he usually rode the bus and this was the first time his mother let him walk..

yet another says that the mother was waiting for him at 13th and 5oth.. he was seen on video allegedly at 14th and 44th around the time school let out..

if you look at the map he was going in the exact opposite direction of where he should have been going.

I hope he just wandered off and is found safely soon :)

here is the map again:

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=1...L7AbtO0XCiTHvAZfCGmu6yQ&gl=us&mra=ls&t=h&z=17

I feel I must over protected with 8 year old gs...I would never left him going anywhere with adult. I just don't understand a 8 years old is stil a child to me.

my ds is 13 and I cringe when he rides his bike to school ;-)

Yeah...the reporting is confusing me.

One says he made it to his friend's house, about a block away from his own house, where he split up with the friend.

Another says his mom was waiting for him just a block or two away from the day camp, but he never even made it that far.

So confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member