GUILTY NY - Leiby Kletzky, 8, Brooklyn, 11 July 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried to read as many MSM articles as possible. The majority are reporting, or had been reporting prior he was last seen leaving the day camp. That leads me to believe the reports he walked home with a friend or neighbor is unconfirmed. Also, his mom may or may not have been waiting for him outside......

Praying they have confirmed it is in fact little Leibby seen on the survellience on 14th.

Come home safely Leibby!

I agree with you guys.....and 8 year old is still a baby. I can't imagine letting my 8 year old go to the park alone to play.

some clarification from LE:

Boro Park Shomrim chief Simcha Bernath said the family confirmed the boy walked by himself, but normally he took the bus. He was supposed to walk from 12th and 44th to 13th and 50th.
"Because they had an appointment, they decided he could meet them," he said. "Everybody knew it was OK to walk by himself. But his regular routine was to go on the bus and go home."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/...ine_year_xSYfdysHi0iKWFQU6qdAeM#ixzz1RvnHP1LY

I don't know what zone you mean....

I really think he got confused on his directions, which I can see as being easy to do for a child who is likely still shorter than the roof of a mini van or suv. 8 year olds don't pay attention to landmarks or street signs like we adults do.

I hope he is lost and hiding because he is scared.

wonder where his daycamp group went on a field trip that day?

I further wonder if they have interviewed the teachers/chaperones to see if any adult approached him, etc...during the field trip...

Updated my map to change point B to 50th. It sounds like this is where the family had planned to meet him rather than him walking the few blocks further in the vicinity of their home.

(I don't know how to do the pin maps, google directions is the best I can do.)

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=1205+44th+Street,+Brooklyn,+New+York,+NY&daddr=13th+and+50th+street,+brooklyn,+new+york,+NY+to:14th+and+44th+street,+brooklyn,+new+york,+NY&hl=en&sll=40.634441,-73.99159&sspn=0.011952,0.018067&geocode=FWwabAIdpvuW-ylpjppA01rCiTEdOMSm8nrhAA%3BFWcIbAId_fWW-ynBwkm6LUXCiTGxTMXFnMKNSQ%3BFVAQbAIdRgyX-ynLldAwK0XCiTFKRplSyBtt3w&gl=us&mra=ls&t=h&z=16

wonder where his daycamp group went on a field trip that day?

I further wonder if they have interviewed the teachers/chaperones to see if any adult approached him, etc...during the field trip...

I wondered the same. If so, hopefully the location of the field trip has survellience as well, in the event someone was approaching him, or paying unusual attention to the kids on the field trip.

Police also had a K9 dog at the boy’s day camp, hoping to pick up the scent. But after heading in the direction the boy walked, the trail went cold.

Kletzky had begged his parents to let him walk home, CBS 2′s Pablo Guzman reported. They had given him a note, saying, he would not be taking the bus. His parents are still waiting for their son’s safe return.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/07...m_medium=dl&utm_campaign=25000-reward-offered

oh and another snip: this has me worried... it does NOT sound like he would head in the wrong direction

“He respects everyone…if you would tell him, you yourself were to tell him, ‘I would like you to sit here until I come back’, he would sit down until you come back,” Jacob Baskal, of the Borough Park Shomrim, said.

He is walking so close to the road. Maybe it's just me, but I always make the kids walk to the side farthest from the road.

Prayers for this little guy!

Thank you,
The second I saw that picture I said OMG he is walking so close to the street!!!

If he was supposed to walk from 44th to 50th, that is a fairly long walk, those blocks are not short, and also go over a block from 125h to 13th?? If that is correct, that is too long of a walk for an 8-yr old for sure...

So alone and vulnerable....How far would he have been from his destination in this last photo?

Thanks for this article Nurse.
I am struck by how much work LE must do in the initial stages of a case like this. While as many cops as can be spared are no doubt involved in the ground search to find this child, other officers are collecting interviews and video from area businesses, and yet others must quickly get to know the family intimately to gain an understanding of the family dynamics. So much to do in such a frantic and short period of time it almost seems impossible, and yet I know our skilled LE can meet the challenge.

IF something happened to this child on his way home, I feel confident cameras will reveal some of the answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA