NY NY - Patricia Cabrera, 34, Centereach, 26 Dec 2014

Just saw CBS broadcast about Patricia. WOW...she looks nothing like the photo that was published.
Very sad. Her daughter has been calling her cell phone non stop. Hoping she will answer.

The sudden disappearance of a mother from Suffolk County remained a mystery on Monday.
She vanished more than a week ago on her way home from work, CBS2’s Ilana Gold reported.
Natalie Wilkins said she needs answers as to what happened to her close friend, Patricia Cabrera.
“I just feel like I can’t breathe. It’s very surreal,” Wilkins said. “(We are) very desperate to find her. Her daughter wants to know where her mom is.”

Wilkins, who is also the aunt of Cabrera’s 12-year-old daughter, said she has called Cabrera’s cellphone for more than a week, but it keeps going right to voicemail.

There has been no sign of the 34-year-old or her black Honda at her Bay Shore home.
“There’s nothing missing from her house. There’s no luggage missing. All her clothes are there, all her personal things are there, her credit cards, pocketbook,” Wilkins said.
Cabrera was last seen leaving work at Mama’s Pizza and Italian Restaurant at around 10 p.m. on Dec. 26.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/01...ay-after-christmas-grips-bay-shore-community/

The sudden disappearance of a mother from Suffolk County remained a mystery on Monday.
She vanished more than a week ago on her way home from work, CBS2’s Ilana Gold reported.
Natalie Wilkins said she needs answers as to what happened to her close friend, Patricia Cabrera.
“I just feel like I can’t breathe. It’s very surreal,” Wilkins said. “(We are) very desperate to find her. Her daughter wants to know where her mom is.”

Wilkins, who is also the aunt of Cabrera’s 12-year-old daughter, said she has called Cabrera’s cellphone for more than a week, but it keeps going right to voicemail.

There has been no sign of the 34-year-old or her black Honda at her Bay Shore home.
“There’s nothing missing from her house. There’s no luggage missing. All her clothes are there, all her personal things are there, her credit cards, pocketbook,” Wilkins said.
Cabrera was last seen leaving work at Mama’s Pizza and Italian Restaurant at around 10 p.m. on Dec. 26.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/01...ay-after-christmas-grips-bay-shore-community/

I know everyone is different, but is it me or is it odd that she would leave her "pocketbook" at home when going to work? I don't know a lot of women who go anywhere (in the car especially) without their purse. I wonder if maybe she had a small clutch or wristlet of some sort that carried just her license and some cash/debit card?

Or did she actually make it home from work, come inside and someone was there and forced her to leave without her purse? Cellphone in pocket maybe...or chucked out the window on a forced drive?

Just find it odd she went to work without her purse...

I know everyone is different, but is it me or is it odd that she would leave her "pocketbook" at home when going to work? I don't know a lot of women who go anywhere (in the car especially) without their purse. I wonder if maybe she had a small clutch or wristlet of some sort that carried just her license and some cash/debit card?

Or did she actually make it home from work, come inside and someone was there and forced her to leave without her purse? Cellphone in pocket maybe...or chucked out the window on a forced drive?

Just find it odd she went to work without her purse...
I have a friend that is a waitress/bartender and she never takes her whole purse to work, just a small case like you said. She doesn't trust who she works with, not to steal from it. ...wow, right?

I have a feeling this is maybe a date or online dating site meeting that maybe was something more ominous.

Cabrera was last seen leaving work at Mama’s Pizza and Italian Restaurant at around 10 p.m. on Dec. 26. “It’s really hard. We are a family over here. Everyone is upset. We don’t know what happened,” restaurant manager Luigi D’Amato said. D’Amato said Cabrera’s next shift was supposed to be last Tuesday, but she never showed up and gave no warning, something she’s never done. “I don’t know. Everything makes no sense. Everything makes no sense. She never said anything was wrong,” D’Amato said.

"Natalie Wilkins said she needs answers as to what happened to her close friend, Patricia Cabrera."
"Wilkins, who is also the aunt of Cabrera’s 12-year-old daughter."

Natalie didn't refer to Patricia as family only close friend even though Patricia's daughter is related to Natalie. That would make Natalie the sister of the daughter's father?

"There’s no luggage missing. All her clothes are there, all her personal things are there, her credit cards, pocketbook,” Wilkins said."
"said she has called Cabrera’s cellphone for more than a week."

It doesn't appear that she was planning on using those three days off from work to go away for the weekend.

I live in Centereach and Wal-mart is also in that mall. It would have still been open when she got off at 10pm. Perhaps she went there after leaving work.

I live in Centereach also.

I never heard of this, wth

There are cameras everywhere. The Post Office, Party City, Olive Garden to name a few. There is also a Gas station that has camera's, if she left that way.

There is also a strip mall across the street. Kentucky Fried Chicken has cameras which is right on the corner of Middle Country Rd and Holbrook Rd.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=z1o2yipHvg5E.keHjgKyNmgO8

This is the map I started working on, although there are only two known points right now. Where she was last seen and her home.

Three possible routes Patricia may have used to get home from her job.
View attachment 66770
View attachment 66771
View attachment 66772

She either took Nicolls Rd. Its a small highway that cuts right down to Sunrise Highway. Or Holbrook Rd to Long Island Expressway.

She either took Nicolls Rd. Its a small highway that cuts right down to Sunrise Highway. Or Holbrook Rd to Long Island Expressway.

I thought about a Nicolls Road route as well, but would you really want to go east just so you could head back west? I'll add that route to my previous post.

honda fit.jpg

What a 2011 black Honda Fit looks like. The type of car Patricia drives.

I wonder if her daughter was at her ex's for Dec 26th? Was she home waiting on Mom to come home from work or no? Many shared kids spend Christmas with one, and then head to the alternate parents the next day....
I think she probably made it home, after that....????? I thought the same thing about the purse being at the house....even if you only carry in a wallet, many times you keep your purse in your trunk of your car. The fact her credit cards were at home, really makes me think she made it to the house....then something happened. It was a Friday night, so perhaps she had a date after work if her daughter was spending the night elsewhere. IMHO

I live in Centereach and Wal-mart is also in that mall. It would have still been open when she got off at 10pm. Perhaps she went there after leaving work.

True, and Walmart has a security driving around in the parking lot.

The fact her credit cards were at home, really makes me think she made it to the house....then something happened.

If she did indeed make it home, would someone have seen her there? If she were going directly home after work, she would have gotten in before 11 pm. That isn't late on a Friday night. People would probably still be awake. Did any neighbors see her come home? Who else lives in the house? The homeowner? Other tenants? Friends or family? Did they see or hear anything that would indicate she came home?
http://imgur.com/kf2n9qR

That is a pic of where Patricia lives taken from Google street view in July of 2012. They showed the house on the news today and as far as the exterior goes it looks the same today as in 2012. Could someone who needs to work two job be able to to rent that house all by themselves? I think it's unlikely. Who else lives there and were they home that night?

Do we know for sure that there was an 'ex' in the picture?

I've looked thru her FB...though it's private, she frequently updated her cover photos, so there are lots of good pictures of her. She does look very different from that first picture that was posted. I really hope this one has a happy ending. If she doesn't have local family - what will become of her daughter???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner
Back