Found Deceased NY - Sierra Shields, 30, Queens, 14 January 2016

Someone did say on the community page that thet saw her in the employee lot with a male employee.

Desperate search for Delta flight attendant, 30, who didn't make her flight after roommates said they noticed something different about her
Sierra Shields, 30, was set to take off from La Guardia Airport on Tuesday
However she vanished before she made it to her scheduled flight
Friends and family said she had been acting differently in the days before.

Snip

Friends and family also said they had noticed something different about her in recent days

Her father told Pix 11 that Shields spoke to older sister on the phone earlier in the week and thought something was off about her.
She was so concerned that she flew to the city to see her. But by the time she arrived Shields had gone missing.

Her father added that she didn't have any enemies and didn't have a boyfriend.
'Her roommates noticed that about her,' he said. 'They noticed some things had just changed in the last week with her as far as her personality and what was going on with her.'

'There are a lot of people that love her. I want to experience what they call "Sweet Sierra" again.'

Loved ones have set up a Facebook page,Find Sierra Shields, in a bid to track her down.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...said-noticed-different-her.html#ixzz3xXAg569Z
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Oh God...I hope I'm wrong. This reminds me of Teleka Patrick.

Praying for Sierra's safe return.

You'd think an airport and the businesses surrounding an airport would have a lot of security cameras. Hopefully LE have been looking for video of her movements after she left.

Why did everyone get worried when she didn't show up for Thursdays shift if she had quit earlier?

Poor girl....how sad....sounds like mental illness.

Why did everyone get worried when she didn't show up for Thursdays shift if she had quit earlier?

Maybe she had put in, like, 2 weeks notice and then didn't show up? Good question though.

Poor girl....how sad....sounds like mental illness.

Yes, it does. I'd also hope they'd be checking into any of her recent connections, new friends, new groups she may have joined, become affiliated with without family and friends knowing, etc. I truly hope there is not a darker reason she has suddenly disappeared and this is merely a mental health issue and that she will be found safely very soon and get any help that she needs. MOO.

There are surveillance cameras at LGA and much of the area hotels.

IMO She made it home, since, her wallet and phone were there.
Hopefully she was seen on neighborhood store cameras, buses or trains.

I was thinking the same thing. Many similarities to Teleka Patrick.

I used to live not far from the airport & it's not really a walkable area to leave from.
Think long traffic jammed airport entrance & exit ramps, surrounded by parking lots.
You'd hop on a subway or take a cab/car to get out of there instead of walking an hour.
Unless you're walking to the river. Or aren't in a good mental state.
There are so many cameras there, too. I'm surprised there's no footage.

Was her wallet/phone find confirmed? I saw wpix report that but no source. Do they know if she had her phone at work?

I was thinking the same thing. Many similarities to Teleka Patrick.

I used to live not far from the airport & it's not really a walkable area to leave from.
Think long traffic jammed airport entrance & exit ramps, surrounded by parking lots.
You'd hop on a subway or take a cab/car to get out of there instead of walking an hour.
Unless you're walking to the river. Or aren't in a good mental state.
There are so many cameras there, too. I'm surprised there's no footage.

Was her wallet/phone find confirmed? I saw wpix report that but no source. Do they know if she had her phone at work?

Yes. Wallet/phone at home was confirmed by family, in MSM and on the community page.

IMO They know she made it home.

Family members say they're frantically looking for a Delta flight attendant from Queens who hasn't been seen since last week, when she apparently quit her job ahead of a flight walked out of LaGuardia Airport.

The father of Sierra Shields says that his daughter was last seen leaving the airport at about noon on Thursday. She had been scheduled to work a flight originating from the airport, but apparently turned off her flight equipment and walked out instead.

Shields, 30, was seen leaving the airport on foot, but it's not clear if she got in a car or bus afterward. She may have been wearing her flight attendant outfit when she left.

Shields' father said on Saturday they have tried to file missing person's reports with the Port Authority police and the NYPD. The NYPD said Saturday they were working with the family but had not accessed her apartment in Astoria.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...LaGuardia-Airport-Queens-Delta-365644161.html

Snip

Larry Mayberry, Shield's pastor at Connection Church in Astoria, said she was seen in her company break room on Thursday, where her work supervisor asked her if everything was alright.

"She just seemed different," he said. "Nobody could really put a finger on it."

Shields left some of her personal work items on her supervisor's desk before leaving the airport, according to friends and family. She was wearing a navy dress.

"We're still just trying to determine where she went when she left the airport," said her father, who drove to New York from his home outside Chicago on Friday to assist in the search.

A Facebook page called "Find Sierra Shields" has been set up to share information, and people are using the hashtags "#‎FindSierraNYC" and "#‎OurSweetSierra" to help spread the word. Church members have also posted thousands of fliers around her neighborhood, Mayberry said.

Shields is originally from the Chicago area and moved to New York about six years ago, her father said.

"She has loved this city," he said. "She was always very positive about the nature of New York."

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20...t-attendant-missing-since-thursday-police-say

Echo the comments of others that this sounds very much like Teleka Patrick. :( I hope we will have a happier ending and find she's just taken off for a break.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back