Found Deceased NY - Sierra Shields, 30, Queens, 14 January 2016

Snip

Larry Mayberry, Shield's pastor at Connection Church in Astoria, said she was seen in her company break room on Thursday, where her work supervisor asked her if everything was alright.

"She just seemed different," he said. "Nobody could really put a finger on it."

Shields left some of her personal work items on her supervisor's desk before leaving the airport, according to friends and family. She was wearing a navy dress.

"We're still just trying to determine where she went when she left the airport," said her father, who drove to New York from his home outside Chicago on Friday to assist in the search.

A Facebook page called "Find Sierra Shields" has been set up to share information, and people are using the hashtags "#‎FindSierraNYC" and "#‎OurSweetSierra" to help spread the word. Church members have also posted thousands of fliers around her neighborhood, Mayberry said.

Shields is originally from the Chicago area and moved to New York about six years ago, her father said.

"She has loved this city," he said. "She was always very positive about the nature of New York."

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20...t-attendant-missing-since-thursday-police-say

I know it's probably unlikely, but could she perhaps have headed back to Chicago? http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...river-in-apparent-suicide-20160118-story.html

12439151_1658343627754452_8988283157183875864_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/Findsierra...342071087941/1658343627754452/?type=3&theater

I feel horrible for Sierra's family and friends. I know it's unlikely but I keep hoping each day there will be good news and she just needed some time by herself.

I feel horrible for Sierra's family and friends. I know it's unlikely but I keep hoping each day there will be good news and she just needed some time by herself.

Me too, LDRN.
She has such a huge support system and so many searching for her.
But...the little info that was released about her behavior and state of mind scares me. Hospitals, hotels, shelters have all been checked and re-checked. Her poster has gone nationwide.

Still hoping and praying that somehow, somewhere...she is safe.

Snip

Circumstances of Disappearance: Shields’ father Christopher Shields, 60, said it’s unclear if his daughter had quit her job, but that she left her flight attendant gear in her supervisor’s office and then left.

“Her supervisor asked was she OK. She wasn’t quite herself. It seemed like something was bothering her,” said Shields. But by the time the supervisor went to look for her, Sierra was gone.

Shields said his daughter Sierra is a graduate of Rochester College in Rochester Hills, Michigan. She has lived in New York for four years and worked for a company that supplied flight attendants for Delta and United.

Shields said his daughter didn’t want a desk job after college.
“She would always say: ‘I don’t want a desk job. I’ll go crazy behind a desk.’ Someone told her you should look into being a flight attendant and she did. She loved being in New York,” said Shields.

Sierra was also taking online classes at her alma mater to get a master’s degree in ministry. She was worried about being able to take classes and handle a full-time job, but her family encouraged her to follow her dreams.

“Everyone who knew her was affected by her positive outlook. She had a heart for those who were hurting and were in the pain. Which is why she wanted to do something in ministry,” said Shields.

Shields said his daughter, the second youngest of five kids, visited her family in the suburbs of Chicago for Christmas. “She seemed very fine,” said Shields.
But the week she went missing, Sierra’s roommates said she didn’t quite seem like herself.

“This is just one of those things where you go, what’s going on?” said Shields.
Sierra’s family has organized a Facebook page and are taking efforts with police to locate her. Police are scouring surveillance camera footage to see if they can find out what happened to Sierra after she left her supervisor’s office.

“This is out of character for her. This is not the norm,” said Shields. “She was always a joy to be around. When Sierra came around, she had an infectious laugh. She made you feel loved. I have been so humbled by the way so many people have said that Sierra made you feel accepted.”

Sierra’s family is trying to remain positive that she will be found and have a message for her.
“My sweet Sierra, there is no pain that is greater than the love that we have for you and the love that others have for you and we just want you to come home again,” said Shields. “We want you to come home because we love you.”

http://woldcnews.newsone.com/1525292/new-york-city-flight-attendant-sierra-shields-disappears/

I need to catch up on this thread, but I'm glad to see it! I saw her case on Facebook. It looks like she's very loved!!

Morning all-------forgive me for jumping in and sending like to all posts ( this is such a great forum)----- has anyone gone thru Sierra's Bible and her class notes ? Perhaps there is a clue there. I feel she went off for a "think" and some "personal reflection". From my reading this sounds like she was struggling to make the right decision and possibly struggling with some guilt perhaps that she was possibly letting people down like her co-workers.....for give me for going off track but she sounds like a deeply thoughtful woman.

Sending love and prayers to Sierra and her family and friends.

Good idea hot cawfee, her Bible and class notes might give them a clue. I'm just praying that she needed some time to herself and that she is somewhere safe and simply has no clue anyone is looking for her.

A deeply religious person walking out of her life... Is there a possibility she might join some kind of religious group? A cult?

I'm a long time reader on this site, first time poster. I actually first heard about Sierra yesterday from my best friend. She is friends with someone who is very close with Sierra. I've passed on info about this thread to my friend, to share with those looking for Sierra as appropriate. I know the members of this site have brilliant ideas, so hopefully with everybody working on it Sierra will be found.

I'm a long time reader on this site, first time poster. I actually first heard about Sierra yesterday from my best friend. She is friends with someone who is very close with Sierra. I've passed on info about this thread to my friend, to share with those looking for Sierra as appropriate. I know the members of this site have brilliant ideas, so hopefully with everybody working on it Sierra will be found.

Hello Zenkitty! I am usually a lurker, as I read late at night, but just wanted to add that there are great resources for family and friends on the main "Missing" page.
Welcome!

:wagon:

Welcome, Zenkitty!
Praying and hoping that Sierra just needed time to herself and she will return safely.
She is, clearly, a very special lady and loved by so many.

Welcome to the group, it's nice to have you here!

It has been brutally cold here all week. I am so worried for Sierra.
We are on blizzard alert starting tomorrow.

Come on, Sierra! Come home!

Reflecting on above post #46... Which lets us in a bit into Sierra's life (as per her father) I cannot help but feeling she has a true servant's heart...wanting to help people, etc... Could she be living among the homeless? That's what Jesus did and she was working on her masters degree in ministry. Just a thought....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northgrund
Back