GUILTY NY - Stephen McKay, 3, beaten to death, Crown Point, 2 Aug 2005

Yet again I state "Should they wait until their child is 18 and moved out of the house before they could ever date again". You have no idea how much they know about a person. Oh because they didn't know they were a psychotic piece of then they didn't get to know them. Yeah the phrase is incorrect. That to me means you are putting blame on the mothers. Damn the men for not telling the mom's up front that they were murderers. Their fault huh.

It is the mother's fault for leaving her child with a man she didn't know well enough. People don't turn into psychotic pieces of overnight. There are signs. Single moms MUST be observant of who they bring into their child's life.

That is quite an extreme opinion. I don't advocate leaving your child with every Tom Dick and Harry, but it's ridiculous to expect a young woman to have no companionship for 18 years.

Of course not but mothers need to make sure the man is going to be good to her kids. Watch how they interact, does your child miss "Mr. Wonderful" when he's not around, does Mr. Wonderful pay attention to your child (too much or too little?), does Mr. Wonderful ever bring a happy meal just for the kids, does he take you AND your children out for the afternoon...??? Mothers need to look at these things before they set up a little family unit in the hope that it will be all good.

Sorry but you could date a man for months or years and still not know everything about them. There is NEVER a time that the man is going to tell you he likes to rape and murder a child so that is not preventable. My cousin knew her boyfriend for 2 months and he had NO prior child molestation or rape charges against him. I do not agree with her having Kaylee around him but that is her life and not mine to tell her what to do. And no one elses to judge her for doing that. She has suffered enough by losing her child and being called a bad mother is just WRONG!! This man did not live with her or watch Kaylee! There was no way for her to know that this monster would murder her baby.

If she only knew him for two months why did she leave her baby with him? That is what people here are saying - take the time to see his character. Everybody is on their good behavior at first to try to impress. Mothers need to keep a watchful eye. How does your child act when the man visits? Happy to see him or tries to avoid him? Is he gentle without being overly attentive? Does he pay more attention to the child than you?

I have to STRONGLY disagree. There is a difference between "dating" and moving some man into your house with your child. It is your DUTY to protect that child and provide for his wellbeing BEFORE you worry about what is between your legs. Get to know the man - see how he treats your children - ask yourself if the children like him.

Of course a mother wouldn't leave her child with someone she knew would murder him/her. But these mothers aren't thinking about that - they are thinking about themselves. I was a single mother for 20 years - I dated - I had sex - but I never moved a man into my house and let him take care of my son while I worked.

:clap: :clap: :clap: I totally agree. This woman should have been charged on accountability. She saw this man abuse her son before making this baby stand against a wall and pinching his privates with tongs. How sick. She knew he was sick but wanted "a happy family". She wanted a man period and she didn't care if her son got hurt in the process. If I ever became single, I would date also but never move a man in or leave my children alone with him. Children come first.

I dont see anything wrong with someone saying "mommys boyfriend" because its the truth. And Im sure it wasnt meant as something to make anyone mad. We know all too well that sooo many children are killed every year by the mothers boyfriend whether he be the father or not. I feel so sorry for all these poor babies. And its a shame that alot of the mothers know that the boyfriend is a monster yet does nothing and here we are discussing another poor little baby who is dead.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back