Observations from attending Sunday, 11/30/08 Vigil

Elizabeth,
Thanks for the insight and especially for portraying the Anthonys as the grieving grandparents that they are. I find it very refreshing indeed. My heart goes out to them and I would have gone to support them if I lived in the area. They need all the love and acceptance they can get right now. My heart breaks for their loss. I have never in my life seen victims so beaten up as these people have been. People have been incredibly cruel.
Again, thanks for the insight.
Sandy

You said this so well. My heart breaks for these people also. I think the reason there were not more people/people did not speak is for the same reason EV1214 did not want to - the news would have crucified her and the public would have found everytlhing out they could about the person and would have crucified them for supporting the Anthony's. What so many do not realize is that compassion and support for these people does not automatically equal believing that Caylee is still alive.

So very, very sad. I just pray that this core of people continue to be around the Anthony's so when the day comes they can help support them and maybe keep another tradjedy from happening. The general public won't and certainly her own brother won't!

Thanks for the eyewitness account EV1214..

That bothers me too Jandkmom! A ball cap in church? I must be old....

I went to a funeral for a dear friend many years ago and was aghast at the clothing people wore...it looked like they were going to the beach...

no respect anymore......I insisted that my children and grandchildren knew how to dress at church and funerals.....I'm proud that they always respect people

Actions have consequences Chilly. If she continues down this path she is on, yes, I agree we will read of her demise, but it won't be because of anything but her own daughter's inability to tell the truth. Her daughter is killing her as sure as if she had her in her trunk like Caylee.

Cindy can change this.......she can tell the truth. She can let KC reap the consequences of her action. Cindy has a chance at life, but only she can make the choices which need to be made to accept it.

As an adult, and nurse, CA knows that her health important if she is to get Caylee back. Sometimes I think (GOD forgive me) CA isn't eating for more diversion and sympathy for herself or she is on medication that makes you not eat and be sleepy to relax. The same thing happened to me in grief and I pulled out of it. CA knows the truth, when she confesses, she will be back to her old self............IMO

Thank you Turbothink!!! I also do not HATE anyone! I believe if the Anthony's would have showed one ounce of Humility in the beginning of this whole thing instead of coming out swinging with their lies and defending a murderer, more people would feel sorry for them!

I feel distain for anyone who kills a child (or anyone) and then the whole family tries to cover for them!!! JMO

Same here, no hate, just feel like the ants have created their own he!! from the beginning. Their marriage has been on the rocks, financially they are in great debt, their daughter in jail for MURDER, son and dad accused publically for incest., a granddaughter who they loved so much is GONE.........enough to make any of us want to die. I hope someone gets CA help and she gets back on track. Counseling helps!!!! and remember GA/CA may be headed for jail for their actions in the cover up...........no lawyer and a failed PR person.......boy are their lives messed up big time. IMO

Grieving is a multi-step process, and the first step is denial. This is often the ugliest step. We have seen that with the Anthony's. Regardless of what they have done or have been perceived to have done, my heart still goes out to them.

Yes, I feel the same way. I've heard that the denial is the hardest step to get through as well. I fear that Cindy is on the verge of a complete breakdown, she looks like death warmed over. It has taken a toll on both of them. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. I do not understand the hate that some people have for them... no matter what, they still lost their grandchild and they have to deal with that, on top of everything else.

Yes, I feel the same way. I've heard that the denial is the hardest step to get through as well. I fear that Cindy is on the verge of a complete breakdown, she looks like death warmed over. It has taken a toll on both of them. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. I do not understand the hate that some people have for them... no matter what, they still lost their grandchild and they have to deal with that, on top of everything else.

I actually can't hate anyone I don't know and who hasn't done anything to me. I have read other forums about this case and am amazed at the venom and filth that has been leveled at this family. But I the reason I amazed it because the A's haven't done anything personally to these people spewing forth. However, I can understand the public's utter disgust at the way this family has re-buffed so many who have reached out to help them. It is shocking, given the obvious guilt of their daughter. I don't ever remember of reading of a case where a family of the accused has shown such callous disregard and disrespect for our law and those who enforce it (and gotten away with it).

If the vigil were perfect, people would be complaining that Cindy took time to plan a perfect vigil rather than walking the streets looking for Caylee. No matter what the woman does people twist it into something evil. If she speaks at the vigil, she's looking for media attention. If she doesn't speak, she's not showing proper respect for Caylee. She's blamed for Casey's actions because she was too controlling, at the same time she's attacked for not controlling Casey's actions. People just love to hate her.

One day soon we'll learn of Cindy's demise. I won't log in to WS's on that day. I don't want to 'hear' the cheering and celebrating.
I have to say that I have not seen "hate" here at all. Nor do I believe that anyone would cheer and exalt in another human beings death. People want justice to be served for Caylee, plain and simple. JMHO

I have enjoyed reading this account from a poster who went to the vigil and reported to us. I live too far from Orlando to get my finger on the pulse, aside from what I read in the media so I appreciate the effort.

This thread keeps coming back to the word hate and it's a problem. I have yet to read a post (especially in this thread) where anyone admits to hating Cindy so I think the accusations should stop, IMO. They are inciteful and devisive and should be avoided.

I would like to know why this particular vigil was featured in the media. I know the A family invited the media and I wonder if it isn't to offset some of last week's documents? Will the vigils continue and will they also be open to the media and the family spokesperson?

I agree, I am a very reserved and shy person but after reading the description of Cindy written here, I would have felt compelled to seek her out and give her a hug. No matter how she has 'behaved', she is still a woman who has lost her grand daughter, a little girl she so obviously loved immensely.
I feel bad for her.
I believe we all have good hearts...and I truly appreciate yours. But, what do you think she'd say if you were to express yourself and let her know how sorry you were for her loss?

Thanks so much for sharing with us Elizabeth. I too have had my days that I wanted to shake the As'. But I also have known all along that she probably felt she would not be able to take another breath if she allowed herself to even consider what others were saying. Kinda like, if I deny and ignor it long enough I'm going to wake up and all this is going to be a horrible mistake. I can understand it, it was hard for us strangers to comprehend that KC or any other can take the life of their child. So,for one to believe that someone you gave birth to, fed, raised and loved could harm another human is inconceivable , let alone their own child. Also, she was trying to give some "tuff love" training for her out of control daughter, listening to others, one even was a therapist. She will never shake the quilt or blame that she made the wrong choice and Caylee paid the price. As far as KC is concerned, she is a poor excuse for a human.
Thanks again Elizabeth.

The Almighty will be the final judge of us all. No human can presume to usurp that role. However, I don't think that means we can't evaluate the facts and people' actions. In fact, I think God gave us hearts, souls, and brains to do just that, so that we could know the difference between good and evil. We can judge Hitler's actions and make an honest appraisal that he chose an evil path. We can look at the destruction murderers and pedophiles sow and judge them and their chosen lifestyle as evil for the actions they have taken and the damage they have done. We can judge that people who do drugs rather than taking care of their children are wrong. We can judge that women who 'lose' their babies and obstruct the police are not good human beings, and we can find fault with the parents of such a woman when they themselves seem to be obstructing justice for their grandchild in order to save her mother. God will ultimately say who we are based on what we did on the earth, and hopefully he will forgive us all. We all will be judged, but God intended for us to be brave, strong, smart and able to discern people doing good from people doing bad.
What a great post! Thank you.

First, kudos to EV1214 for sharing her first-hand perceptions. That's been all too rare and you did a wonderful job with your first post and in expressing yourslef in further follow-ups.

Thanks Elizabeth, for sharing on-the-scene insights of the sort that have been rare in this case.

Secondly, whilst I often disagree with our Chilly, I can count on CW for consistency, and thought-provacation.

OUR CW is bright, succinct and bravely promotes balance in many threads, even whilst anticipating flames and slams.

We're all prone to spouting off in frustration sometimes, and while I GET the feeling that an insult was thrown down like a gaunlet, while I'd never presume to speak for another poster, I also CHOOSE to have a little faith that this was a mere bubble of frustration, that surfaces, much like the rest of us feel day-in-and-day-out.

And sometimes we post what we think.

Elizabeth granted us a rare insiders view - and probably has a lot more to offer as a local in regards to coverage. (i.e. WHY does EV1214 think channel 7 is better than channel 6?)

I hope Liz will continue posting, and I also hope that people will cut Chilly some slack.

I often want to shake me some Chilly (that's when I log out,) but, I also genuinely appreciate that Chilly makes me think, and deserves my respect for time spent in the trenches.

I am not insulted, and I would like to ask EV1214, Elizabeth, many more questions>

I don't think any of us need to defend ourselves and say that we wouldn't cheer or celebrate if Cindy were to die. I can't imagine a single soul here who would ever do such a thing, nor that the mods would ever allow it. Chilly, I'm disappointed that you think so poorly of your fellow posters. :(

I Agree. One shouldn't mistake frustration for hate. I can't think of a single poster here that would cheer if God forbid something were to happen to CA, GA or LA. :mad:

I think KC's sole purpose in getting rid of Caylee was to destroy her parents. I don't think it was to rid herself of this child. IMO she hated/loved her parents. This was the sure way to destroy them.

My thoughts as well.

First, kudos to EV1214 for sharing her first-hand perceptions. That's been all too rare and you did a wonderful job with your first post and in expressing yourslef in further follow-ups.

Thanks Elizabeth, for sharing on-the-scene insights of the sort that have been rare in this case.

Secondly, whilst I often disagree with our Chilly, I can count on CW for consistency, and thought-provacation.

OUR CW is bright, succinct and bravely promotes balance in many threads, even whilst anticipating flames and slams.

We're all prone to spouting off in frustration sometimes, and while I GET the feeling that an insult was thrown down like a gaunlet, while I'd never presume to speak for another poster, I also CHOOSE to have a little faith that this was a mere bubble of frustration, that surfaces, much like the rest of us feel day-in-and-day-out.

And sometimes we post what we think.

Elizabeth granted us a rare insiders view - and probably has a lot more to offer as a local in regards to coverage. (i.e. WHY does EV1214 think channel 7 is better than channel 6?)

I hope Liz will continue posting, and I also hope that people will cut Chilly some slack.

I often want to shake me some Chilly (that's when I log out,) but, I also genuinely appreciate that Chilly makes me think, and deserves my respect for time spent in the trenches.

I am not insulted, and I would like to ask EV1214, Elizabeth, many more questions>

Hi Potato Head:

I would be more than happy to answer any questions that you have.

Sincerely,
EV1214

Sometimes I think everyone is being held hostage by a 22 year old sociopath. I want to turn my back and forget this case, story whatever it is. I can't because everytime I see Caylee I just want to cry. I just want her to have the justice she deserves. I am sorry for Cindy and George. I am sure they are in agony. Somehow, everyone is.. because of Casey. I am sure LE is frustrated and angry too. Maybe her lawyer is the only one who seems immune.

Hi,
I noticed that a handful of people have asked why I felt that the church that was chosen was "wierd".

In my opinion I found it strange because the way this vigil was talked about both on local news and on national news was that it was a National Vigil of hope...or something like that.

When you hear National you think...big, lots of people, lots of coverage, etc.

Using that term was just all hype from our "favorite" spokeswoman. If in fact it was going to be a major deal then the Anthony's could of used the First Baptist Church of Orlando, which is huge and has their Sunday services televised weekly.

At the end of the day a place of worship can be whatever someone wants it to be; however, in this situation I would of expected a more well known "impressive" church.

Picture a dim light parking lot in an area where I didn't even feel comfortable keeping my Garmin exposed in my car.

You go to glass double doors and there is a missing picture flyer of Caley on the door...crooked with scotch tape on it.

You enter the church only to see a small amount of people. The altar of the church has music equipment everywere.

So, I guess the concrete reasons why I felt it was strange is because it didn't seem like it was in a safe area, a little bit run down, and no true effort on the part of the church or the family to add some real love in the room.

I sensed that a majority of the people that were there were the kind of people that would of encouraged the flowers to be taken away at the lake.

I hope this makes sense????

Sincerely,
EV1214

Someone had a cap on inside the church?

Did anyone else speak besides the spokesperson?

Did anyone pray for Caylees return, or for KC?

Did people seem to be there for curiosity, or were they praying for Caylee?

Thanks for answering our question.
There was prayers for her safe return. I think only a small handful of people were there for curiosity purposes.

My gut instinct is that the people that were there are the very small circle of Anthony supporters. Ironically though people that the Anthony's had not met until now.

Almost the kind of people that would be into communicating with a murderer in jail....somewhat to be connected to a "celebrity of sorts" not really for the right reasons.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
holliryann
Back