Off Topic Thread

Leila, I have wondered that myself....
and when when you get a friendship request, is it enough to just approve it, or do you have to send a message too?

SS, I really hope your dog has come back/been found...

I have been lurking on this forum, have just been horrified.....nothing to contribute at this point....

Question.............I'm very confused by how the "notifications" works. This is a new feature that was started here on WS a couple months ago, and there's no directions or description of how it works. I have people sending me "notifications", but don't know what to do with them! :)

I found this from the FAQ's:
"
If you post a new thread, or reply to an existing thread, you can choose to be notified by email when someone else replies to that thread. You can also choose to receive email notifications of new posts in a thread without posting in that thread, by clicking the 'Subscribe to this thread' link displayed in the thread page.
If you choose to stop receiving email notifications from a thread, you can turn off the option by either editing your post, or by unsubscribing from the thread here.
Only registered users may receive email notification, and they can set whether they want to receive email notification by default by editing their options.
Email notification is also referred to as 'Thread Subscription'."

Well I don't have a clue how to work the friend thing. I accept, then have no idea what to do next.

Hi Tom's Girl.............yes they are requests to be their friend, and I don't know where to "click" to respond, or how this system works. :)
LOL, well as of now you've accepted four people who requested to be your friends here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=6027

You can view any messages they leave for you BUT REMEMBER THAT THOSE POSTS ARE PUBLIC VIEWING and NOT a PM which is.

In the beginning some didn't understand the new feature and thought they were responding to a PM and WoW, it started a war when some read what was posted :eek:

LOL, well as of now you've accepted four people who requested to be your friends here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=6027

You can view any messages they leave for you BUT REMEMBER THAT THOSE POSTS ARE PUBLIC VIEWING and NOT a PM which is.

In the beginning some didn't understand the new feature and thought they were responding to a PM and WoW, it started a war when some read what was posted :eek:

I saw that! OMG what a SNAFU that was!

How did I miss that war?! LOL

I hope everyone had a Happy Fourth! I ended up going shopping, eating a steak dinner out, and wound up at the river watching the huge fireworks display. It was lovely! :) Much more relaxed tonite.

Hope your pup returned! Mine is 12 yr old irish/spanial mix who I found last year in horrid condition. He is so sweet and teribly afraid of thunderstorms and fireworks. Last year I had to put him in bed with me and he still wouldn't calm down. I don't know what I'll do with Barley this year as I'm recouping from a broken wrist and he's pretty big!
Sadly, no...puppy didn't return as of yet. :( Maybe someone took him in for a bit...or at least that is what I am going to pretend happened.

We always give our dogs benadryl to calm them down. Check with your vet, but it was recommended for our shepherd/husky dog.

How do you review your messages?

Leila, I have wondered that myself....
and when when you get a friendship request, is it enough to just approve it, or do you have to send a message too?

SS, I really hope your dog has come back/been found...

I have been lurking on this forum, have just been horrified.....nothing to contribute at this point....

No responses to my post.. ?

Sorry, NNY! All you need to do is to approve them. You are always welcome to leave them a message. :) Welcome to WS!

No responses to my post.. ?
So sorry, didn't mean to ignore your post NNY.

No, you don't have to reply to a request to be a "Friend", you can ignore it, approve it, or not.

I don't do the "Friend" thing myself, but I do get some messages and after I reply to them I 'delete' them.

Up at the top of this screen under you name you will see Your Notifications======> click on that and you will find your messages or requests to be someone's "Friend"

Thank you all!!
Whew, I feel better, have never posted on an OT thread.... so was not sure of the etiquette...
I have accepted Friend invites, but just never have time to send messages.....too much else to keep up with here!
good night to all!

I know I posted back...but I don't know how to get back there again.
Just go up to your name up at the top on the right where it says Welcome MCDRAW It will take you to your page.

Thank you all!!
Whew, I feel better, have never posted on an OT thread.... so was not sure of the etiquette...
I have accepted Friend invites, but just never have time to send messages.....too much else to keep up with here!
good night to all!
Nite NNY :seeya:

Just go up to your name up at the top on the right where it says Welcome MCDRAW It will take you to your page.

Thank you, Tom'sGirl. If I want to send someone a message do I click on their name?

Thank you, Tom'sGirl. If I want to send someone a message do I click on their name?
Yes, and then type your message in the box............just remember, it's Public reading.

You also can click on any posters name and find the link there to send a message.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back