OH - Clermont County father lined up sons 3, 4, and 7, executed with rifle, mother injured trying to protect them, June 2023

@DavidWinterTV

Det Michael Ross testified once in the interrogation room, Doerman made a comment that the Bible says you kill your first born, you kill your second born, you kill your third born, but first you kill your wife.

1708536168293.png

Edited to include:

Det Ross said when left alone in the interrogation room, he said, “What the *advertiser censored** did I do? What did she let me do?” And he flicked a picture of his sons away from himself “in disgust”.

12:23 PM · Feb 21, 2024

Last edited:
Wow, are we seriously trying to say this guy should be let off easily because "he's mentally ill?" It kinda sounds like we're making excuses for him here.

What metric do we use to determine if someone is "mentally ill" or just an evil jerkwad? We look at serial killers and say "wow someone must be mentally ill to do that" (and those guys do always have a few DXs). We say this because it's the only way we can rationalize these things. But just how many of them get sent to institutions instead of prison? How many get to use their "oh s/he's mentally ill" as a literal get out of jail free, they can't help it card?

It's also extremely optimistic to think "most" mentally ill people would seek treatment if they could understand they were mentally ill.

MOO

Not 'We'.

@DavidWinterTV

The defense atty asked Det. Ross if he read Doerman his Miranda rights off a Miranda card. The detective said he didn't, because he's not a robot. The atty said the detective left out several key parts, like "There is a right to have an attorney present during questioning.

1:23 PM · Feb 21, 2024

Social worker who met with Doerman in the jail the day after his arrest, says two deputies were present. She admitted this pierced the doctor/patient privilege, but they were there for her safety. She says it's rare that she would meet with an inmate in the booking area.

1708545718560.png
1:36 PM · Feb 21, 2024

BBM. I disagree. I don't believe all mentally ill people know they are mentally ill. If they did, they would seek treatment rather than harm themselves or their children. LE arrived at the family's home before CD could kill himself.

I think CD is mentally ill and had delusional religious thoughts he was "protecting" his sons similarly to the delusions of Andrea Yates or Dena Schlosser. He needs to spend the rest of his life in a mental hospital.

JMO

Ms. Yates had been a nurse. Ms. Schlosser once worked at a day care center and has a degree in psychology. Ms. Yates has schizophrenia and Ms. Schlosser has schizoaffective disorder. Both disorders can cause psychosis and the inability to distinguish reality from delusion.
He planned this for eight months. Andrea Yates, imo, is nothing like this man. MOO

BBM. I don't believe mentally ill people are evil nor does their mental illness have anything to do with a "hormone imbalance" or their gender.

The two women I cited in a link upthread murdered their children. They continue to live in a Texas mental hospital for the criminally insane. Andrea Yates has schizophrenia and was under the care of a psychiatrist when she murdered her children.

JMO
Andrea Yates suffered from PPD also.

He planned this for eight months. Andrea Yates, imo, is nothing like this man. MOO
I agree. This wasn't the same at all.
JMO.
Mental health issues or not, There was resentment and hatred in this person's heart, and they confessed to planning for months. Whether the confession is thrown out or not, it was uttered by this person.
This person is now just going along with what their legal advice is telling them to.
An observation I wanted to mention is the suit is extremely ill-fitting.

In observation I wanted to mention is the suit is extremely ill-fitting.
(imo) the perp is either wearing a protective-vest - in case someone takes a well-aimed pot-shot at him when all the good-people are looking in the opposite direction - LOL - OR he's wearing a stun-vest, similar to a *cattle-prod* but this covers his upper body-chest-back, in case he's a naughty boy, double LOL.
Quite frankly, I think he looks way too relaxed (imo).

I think that “planned this for months” could simply mean he had thoughts of doing this for some time. The thoughts could have been deliberate or could have been intrusive/unwanted.

I cannot stop thinking about the fear that must have been going through the boys, their sisters and their mother's heads.
I cannot and hope I never have to understand how they felt and how hard it will be for the mother and sister ever truly to get past this. Every time I let myself dwell on this for too long, I end up in tears.
I am an advocate for mental health, having suffered from anxiety and depression for 30 years since I was a teenager and being diagnosed finally with ADHD at 46 years old. I know sometimes events happen because of mental health interfering with everyday thinking, and Anxiety is a huge stressor for that. I also understand more serious mental health dx such as schizophrenia and bipolar can also cause auditory and visual hallucinations and leave the person believing such hallucinations are true. I know this CAN lead to the person acting out on their beliefs, but I find this explanation too convenient.
AFAIK he has not shown any real remorse, banging his head in the booking area and crying in his first court appearance is not sure sign of remorse, to me that's more a sign of him knowing he has fudged up and is in serious trouble.
Also AFAIK, neighbours and people who were acquainted with him have said he was an angry man and yelled a lot. That is not a sure sign of mental health struggles, but it is a sure sign of anger management problems and as far as I know, anger management problems are not an excuse for murder.
I am not looking to argue or prove anything here; I am just very upset over this case, and I have tried to look for the benefit of the doubt, but I really cannot see one here.
I hope he never sets foot outside of prison again.
ETA: JMO

I think that “planned this for months” could simply mean he had thoughts of doing this for some time. The thoughts could have been deliberate or could have been intrusive/unwanted.
MOO If they have searched electronic devices and found where he searched anything like "suffocation," "gunshot residue testing," etc. that could be used as evidence he planned this further.

this is about as I expected. The deputies were present during his time with social worker to protect the safety of the social worker.

My bigger concerns are the multiple times after in custody that Chad requested an attorney. He should have been provided one and now that evidence from the interrogation may be tossed because of the stupidity of the detective involved. MOO

ETA do we have any timeline as to when we can expect the judge to rule?

If that's true though, that also gives him months to get help, to give his guns to someone for safe keeping, to search online for something like "help with unwanted thoughts", to do something other than what he did.

Which reason has a social worker to visit a triple-murderer of his own offspring in the jail?? :oops:
It was probably the closest thing they could get to a psychiatrist on short notice. Maybe someone who understands people subjectively AND objectively, obligating certain rights, maybe?
JMO

CLERMONT COUNTY, Ohio (Court TV) — A judge has agreed to throw out the alleged murder confession of an Ohio father accused of killing his three sons.

On Friday, Clermont County Judge Richard P. Ferenc ruled that authorities violated Chad Doerman’s rights twice during their investigation. As a result, prosecutors cannot use any recordings from his interrogation.

If interested, more at link...

Posted at 11:35 AM, March 18, 2024

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500