OH OH - John Hundley & James McQueary, both 9, Fairfax, 15 Oct 1964

I wonder if LE looked at Stanley Everett Rice for these disappearances.........He was a serial killer and he is the man I mentioned in the previous message. He got life in Fla and Oh if he gets out of prison in Fla. I think Canada might have prosecuted him too. I'm not sure. They didn't find the body of the boy he buried in Canada but I found another article (Paid site) that inferred that he had done more in Canada. I hate to join sites that I'll only use once............

Here is another who might have been involved in their disappearance. He was all over the place molesting and killing. He was in the Army at 17, raped a girl and molested 2 boys.

Go to: James Lee Crummel and Dr. Burnell Forgey How Many Children in How Many States?
on WebSleuths.

He is still alive and in prison (as far as I know. Dr Forgey is dead). Ohio isn't that far from Mich and Wisc. He traveled all over.

wow, very interesting..great information..how torcherous for families when disturbed people confess and then recant..ugh

wow, very interesting..great information..how torcherous for families when disturbed people confess and then recant..ugh

I can't even imagine what the families went through. Thinking they had the answer and KNOWING their sons were dead then back to not knowing anything. How very cruel. I hope and pray both families get answers. They deserve to know what happened to their child.

I wonder what happened to Gary Lee Mckee after going AWOL and confessing to murder. Still, you have to wonder if he did do it and later denied it. A lot of murders confess than recant. He would have been 14 at the time.

I wonder if Fairfax Cold Case detectives would be willing to talk about it.

The more I think about it the more I think they should go back and talk to McKee again. Maybe after all these year he'll admit to the murders. I can't imagine why he did all those years ago if he didn't do it. I can imagine why he recanted though.

Don't they have equipment that can xray pretty deep to locate bodies? If they think the boys bodies were covered in a ditch couldn't they check on it? At least if they knew they were or were not there it would answer one question.

I'm not sure what kind of equipment is available that might locate bodies - especially those missing for over 45 years - and what agencies might have access to it. The theory that I have heard is that the bodies are thought to be somewhere in the eastern end of the Columbia Parkway extension which was under construction in October, 1964 when the Hundley and McQueary youths went missing. That area is very close to the Frisch's Mainliner Restaurant where they were last seen. This throughfare has heavy vehicle traffic most of the time. In addition to having such search equipment, what type of legal order might be obtained for conducting such a search and any subsequent digging in such a location?

I'm not sure what kind of equipment is available that might locate bodies - especially those missing for over 45 years - and what agencies might have access to it. The theory that I have heard is that the bodies are thought to be somewhere in the eastern end of the Columbia Parkway extension which was under construction in October, 1964 when the Hundley and McQueary youths went missing. That area is very close to the Frisch's Mainliner Restaurant where they were last seen. This throughfare has heavy vehicle traffic most of the time. In addition to having such search equipment, what type of legal order might be obtained for conducting such a search and any subsequent digging in such a location?

Even before they would start digging, the issue of who pays for the costs associated with any kind of digging would have to be resolved.

For instance, who would pay for the road repairs if they were to dig underneath the Columbia Parkway?

There is an organization called Necro Search that does this kind of thing. I really don't know how deep they can see or exactly how it all works. I thought from previous postings they were supposedly buried in a ditch not under a road.

I still think McKee needs to talked to again if he's still alive.

Why was the theory that the boys could have run away, discarded? Maybe that should have been looked into more?

I also agree that McKee should be talked to if he is still alive. His passing of the polygraph is good evidence in his favor that he may not have killed the boys. However, he might have more information that could help LE.

Satch

Why was the theory that the boys could have run away, discarded? Maybe that should have been looked into more?

I also agree that McKee should be talked to if he is still alive. His passing of the polygraph is good evidence in his favor that he may not have killed the boys. However, he might have more information that could help LE.

Satch

I agree with both statements. The boys might have run away or been abducted.

In 1963 in Summit County Ohio Ruth Ann Guthrie 12 and Thomas Sumerix 15 disappeared within days of each other. Their remains were found almost a year to the day later within days of each other. They never solved their murders. I have wondered if these two boys disappearance could be in some way related to Tommy and Ruth.

Just some replies to recent posts:

Costs for digging, repaving, etc. would probably be paid for by either the Village of Farfax or Hamilton County (where Fairfax is located). Certainly, a very specific area (such as where instruments show possible remains might be) would have to be ascertained before undertaking that kind of work.

There was some digging and paving work taking place on a residential street when the young men disappeared. The place that I have heard as being much more possible was the Columbia Parkway extension work area. It was much more major.

That Gary Lee McKee's name surfaced here is interesting. When I researched and then first wrote on this topic in November, 2009, I never used his name because authorities cleared him in 1967. Obviously, someone obtained it. McKee originally claimed that he and and another boy, who was never named in news reports, were involved only to later say he made that up to avoid the military. He had lived on a street very near to where both boys resided. I know in later years, McKee gained ownership of that house. The un-named boy, who McKee alleged helped him dispose of the bodies, was never named. It was reported in 1967 when McKee was brought back for questioning that the un-named boy had subsequently moved to Indianapolis.

I think it is unlikely that this is the same "Gary Lee McKee". Mahoning County is about as far as you can go from Cincinnati and still be in Ohio. I did not see any reference in the court document that showed the parties in the matter had any ties to the Cincinnati or Hamilton County area.

The "Gary Lee McKee" associated in the Hundley/McQueary case was born about 1950. From what I can tell, the one in the Mahoning County matter was born on June 21, 1955.

It might be noted that the last-name of McKee is a common one in the town of Fairfax and the adjoining village of Mariemont.

Here is another who might have been involved in their disappearance. He was all over the place molesting and killing. He was in the Army at 17, raped a girl and molested 2 boys.

Go to: James Lee Crummel and Dr. Burnell Forgey How Many Children in How Many States?
on WebSleuths.

He is still alive and in prison (as far as I know. Dr Forgey is dead). Ohio isn't that far from Mich and Wisc. He traveled all over.

Crummel was in Leavenworth at the time of the boys' disappearance, according to the timeline in this article:

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/crummel-356338-lough-boy.html

And, in the time since your post, he committed suicide while on death row.

Hard to believe that this happened over 49 years ago. I think it's even harder when no body (or bodies) are ever found. So many questions still linger.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back