GUILTY OH - Mark Edwards for child sexual abuse, Springfield, 2014

Well, apparently she did decide to be with him. Laws don't stop teenagers when they're determined. Do you really believe she cares about the law or the difference in their ages? She is not being held captive, from what LE has determined, so she made the choice. She decided.

Her mom says that shes essentially been "brainwashed" by love. Thinking about my own decision making skills at age 14, the adolescent idea of love skews common sense sometimes. We have laws in place that hopefully deter adults from taking advantage of these skewed decision making skills in teenagers. Clearly this man doesn't take those laws seriously, which is why he was already arrested on this type of charge before. He's taking advantage of a 14 year old girls view of love/obsession--just like SO do when they "groom" their victims. Whether she willingly went isn't really the issue. She's missing, he broke the law, and it's important that both of them are found.

My kid can decide to play in the street but dang, its my job to get them outta the street. So at 14, M may have chosen to go with this dirtbag, but she is too young to have the right to leave her family...she needs to be home and be allowed to get some years of maturity under her belt. This man is no man at all. He is breaking the law....a criminal who needs to be sent to jail so he will no longer stalk young girls who are underage.
This is a sticky wicket....but these girls 15 and younger, particularly, have no idea the crazies they are getting hooked up with.

I think there is a difference in urgency (in the public's eye) when someone is dragged off the street by an unknown, and when someone plans and helps with their own leaving. She is a minor and should be treated as such, but she chose to do this and knows him well. He is a true predator in that he has stayed in touch and he has helped her decide to run away with him.
Did I hear LE say on NG, that they ran off after being chased, and it was -10 degrees? I tune her rants out and she will interrupt a story to say something stupid. The hair stands on my neck when NG speaks.

Yes, you read the Springfield newspaper article correctly. The rental car was found abandoned with a blown tire and both the suspect's and victim's cell phones were left in the rental car.

On the Nancy Grace Show on CNN, it was revealed that the license plate on the rental car was from Kentucky.

Unless I'm dreaming, I heard LE or someone say his wife had rented the car for him. I'm sure she didn't know his plans, but I wondered the circumstances. Was he still living with his wife and children? This child's mother said she knew them all and his daughter was a friend and his wife too.

When you have your own 14 year old girl at home, you realize that inside, they are still kids. Yeah, yeah, they talk a grown up game...and most girls this age look and try to act grown. But they are in no position to be making these life-changing decisions. That's why its the full-grown "man" who needs to be the adult...and here we have someone who is basically a predator. Praying she will be found.....and in truth, she needs a healthy combination of love and punishment herself. A little discipline never hurt a child before...the right kind mixed in with love and admonishment. Praying for her and her mom.

There is a similar case currently on websleuths - that of 13 year old Maria Henselmann from Germany. - she also left 'willingly' with a man who had been grooming her online for over a year. Her mother knew of this man, and told her daughter not to continue the relationship - but the girl did, in secret after some coaxing and crafty manipulation from the perp. Whether Maria consented or not, the 45year old perpetrator kidnapped her (she is a minor) and they have now been Missing and on the run for the past 8 months - crossing borders in Europe trying to keep from detection and capture. It took German Officials months to get the investigation seriously underway - the complication was that 'she had left willingly'.

Regardless of if MB left with Mark Edwards on her own accord or not - 2 things are certain.

1) M at 15 years old is a minor - and as such her right to make this type of decision to leave her parent is null and void - she is not 'running away' - she was targeted and preyed upon by the perp - she was groomed to leave so a kidnapping could take place. Minors are not responsible for their own kidnapping under these conditions - Blaming her will give nothing but a power to the predator and can even stop people from searching for her.

2) She needs to be found - she is in danger.
and as such, her welfare and safe return, without blame or condemnation of what she's done, should be the main priority.

ME is a despicable piece of work!!

Well, I may be the only one who thinks leaving them together for a while longer is the best thing to do. Chasing that car after he ran a red light was too dangerous - too many police chases end in bystander or suspect deaths - and that's totally unnecessary here.

She's been having sex with him since she left with him, a repeat performance from September. Staying with him a little longer won't be a harm to her -and in fact, it's likely if she's allowed to stay with him she'll soon tire of him.

This seems to happen when girls foolishly believe they're in love with losers and run off with them - if not caught and returned home, they eventually find their way home a little wiser.

Alright, I have officially creeped/freaked myself out. I started reading this article on his house being searched

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/crime-law/manhunt-continues-abduction-suspect-girl/nd2L2/

I then found two more profiles for him. Some of the things said were very creepy, and have made me even more scared for this girl. My god this guy is a monster.

Another Facebook alias:

https://www.facebook.com/Nagamisheshiro ... beware, some album pics are not pleasant (animals)

His Meetme Profile

http://www.meetme.com/shiro

Ummm, Spicegirls?

Alright, I have officially creeped/freaked myself out. I started reading this article on his house being searched

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/crime-law/manhunt-continues-abduction-suspect-girl/nd2L2/

I then found two more profiles for him. Some of the things said were very creepy, and have made me even more scared for this girl. My god this guy is a monster.

Another Facebook alias:

https://www.facebook.com/Nagamisheshiro ... beware, some album pics are not pleasant (animals)

His Meetme Profile

Ummm, Spicegirls?

that picture of both of them in that news article with her holding a sword? i'm creeped out.

Well, I may be the only one who thinks leaving them together for a while longer is the best thing to do. Chasing that car after he ran a red light was too dangerous - too many police chases end in bystander or suspect deaths - and that's totally unnecessary here.

She's been having sex with him since she left with him, a repeat performance from September. Staying with him a little longer won't be a harm to her -and in fact, it's likely if she's allowed to stay with him she'll soon tire of him.

This seems to happen when girls foolishly believe they're in love with losers and run off with them - if not caught and returned home, they eventually find their way home a little wiser.

Girls hook up with losers all the time. Some leave & hook up with other losers. I hope your right, but I don't share your confidence.

Unless I'm dreaming, I heard LE or someone say his wife had rented the car for him. I'm sure she didn't know his plans, but I wondered the circumstances. Was he still living with his wife and children? This child's mother said she knew them all and his daughter was a friend and his wife too.

LE has said the wife rented the car (first it was for him and then it wasn't) and then sheriff Gene Kelly (who never misses an opportunity to be on TV) said last night that he rented it and the wife gave them the paperwork.

The system failed here. Big time. A low bond when you have 7 counts of crimes against a child is completely unacceptable. No tracking device? Nothing? There's a lot of things in this story going back to the first time this happened that make you just go, "Huh?!" from both sides. A lot here believe it'll end in a murder suicide or double suicide. He left the day he was due in for pretrial hearings, with the actual trial to start next week. He's not dumb. He has to know he will likely go away for a long time if not life.

Someone said a minor can't make the decision to leave home. Sadly, in Springfield, they're not too concerned when a minor does unless they run off with an adult. A 16 year old went missing from school in the middle of the day before M but the PD, SO, and media won't do much since she "likely ran away." She's still not been seen or heard from.

We are talking about a child and a grown man who are on the run and who are having sex. Every second she is with him, it is a harm to her because it is against the law, unsafe and she has feelings for him. CHILDREN are legally not allowed to have sex with adults for a reason. This has so much disaster written all over it. He has everything to lose by being caught and by her being found and his trial happening. This case has me beyond upset. Beyond. As adults we are suppose to protect children, not put them in danger. The fact that this man, who was a friend of her mothers, used that to form this sick and twisted sexual advantage over her makes me sick.

I am sorry, but I don't understand how anyone can think, leaving a 14 and 40 yr old to have sex together, with possible weapons and on the run, is a good idea. But, maybe I misunderstood.

Another Facebook alias:

His Meetme Profile

Ummm, Spicegirls?

the strange part about that picture of her in the cosplay gear (found on the given news link) is that the picture was taken and posted on facebook in 2012...but the previous articles given said their initial "relationship" began in/around august 2013.

Fugitive, missing girl are in custody

Edwards and B were found in the back of a red and silver van that was stopped by sheriff's deputies at about 9:35 Friday night in front of an apartment complex.

The girl told authorities she and Edwards had been sleeping under a stairwell and had been walking railroad tracks -- she's not sure where they were.

She'll remain in county juvenile detention tonight, the sheriff said.

According to the Clark County Prosecutor's Office, a bond for Edwards will be set this weekend on new charges that include felony fleeing and eluding. Other charges are likely to include interference of custody, a misdemeanor.

The $50,000 bond for Edwards, set in an earlier criminal case against him that involved him running off with Bruce, has been forfeited.

Source:

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/n...nhunt-continues-abduction-suspect-girl/nd2L2/

Edwards and B were found in the back of a red and silver van that was stopped by sheriff's deputies at about 9:35 Friday night in front of an apartment complex.

The girl told authorities she and Edwards had been sleeping under a stairwell and had been walking railroad tracks -- she's not sure where they were.

According to the Clark County Prosecutor's Office, a bond for Edwards will be set this weekend on new charges that include felony fleeing and eluding. Other charges are likely to include interference of custody, a misdemeanor.

The $50,000 bond for Edwards, set in an earlier criminal case against him that involved him running off with Bruce, has been forfeited.

Source:

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/n...nhunt-continues-abduction-suspect-girl/nd2L2/

I am beyond thrilled that she was found safe. I hope that they can keep her from him. I hope that he serves time for all he has done. I do not agree with her being put in a detention center and/or possibly being charged. She is a 14 year old girl who was manipulated by a MAN a grown adult. Yes, she left willingly, but at her age, she is unable to make decisions and she legally can't even drive. I don't quite get it because she isn't old enough legally to be with him, have sex with him, or leave on her own to be with him, but yet she did. When she did, no Amber Alert can be issued, but she's still missing....and then she is locked up and may be charged for running with him. But, she can't do these things because she is 14!

So, which is it, I am very confused. A man in his 40's can manipulate and "groom" a 14 year old girl and take her on the run, convincing her it's okay, having sex with her for months...and she gets punished? There is something seriously, seriously wrong with this system.

Edwards and Bruce were found in the back of a red and silver van that was stopped by sheriff's deputies at about 9:35 Friday night in front of an apartment complex.

Source:

Thanks for the link nerosleuth!
This is good news!
I am glad M has been found and is now safely away from Edwards.

I'm wondering who lost their $50,000 - that was put up for Edwards bail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrskrash2012
Back