GUILTY OH - Mark Edwards for child sexual abuse, Springfield, 2014

I am beyond thrilled that she was found safe. I hope that they can keep her from him. I hope that he serves time for all he has done. I do not agree with her being put in a detention center and/or possibly being charged. She is a 14 year old girl who was manipulated by a MAN a grown adult. Yes, she left willingly, but at her age, she is unable to make decisions and she legally can't even drive. I don't quite get it because she isn't old enough legally to be with him, have sex with him, or leave on her own to be with him, but yet she did. When she did, no Amber Alert can be issued, but she's still missing....and then she is locked up and may be charged for running with him. But, she can't do these things because she is 14!

So, which is it, I am very confused. A man in his 40's can manipulate and "groom" a 14 year old girl and take her on the run, convincing her it's okay, having sex with her for months...and she gets punished? There is something seriously, seriously wrong with this system.

I imagine keeping her in the detention center was simply done until they can transport her back to her mother. I don't believe she was arrested. She is not being punished, at least by LE... they are keeping her safe and off the streets.

I'm very happy she is safe. However, whether it's illegal for her to make that choice to be with him or not... she DID make it, and I doubt she gave it any thought of whether it was illegal for her to do so. People commit crimes every day that are against the law, but they do it anyhow. Telling a teenager that they are not old enough to do something, just makes them want it more! And they don't give a hoot if it's against the law.

If she was my child, I would be ok with them putting her in a facility. I raised 3 children and I can't imagine one doing this. But if she does it again, and she will if he's released again, he will only work harder to plan better. If she does decide she doesn't want that lifestyle, and wants to go home, he could become violent with her. The next outcome may be way worse. Sending her back home right now, with no resources, is a bad idea. This wasn't their first time, and I am afraid her family is clueless on how to deal with her.
These pervs just make me sick, but I never know what their plan is. Hiding, no job, police looking for him, no money or home, no car. What's the plan???

I hope they charge the driver who knowingly helped him with everything they can. At the least, threaten him to obtain info for more serious charges against the perp.

I imagine keeping her in the detention center was simply done until they can transport her back to her mother. I don't believe she was arrested. She is not being punished, at least by LE... they are keeping her safe and off the streets.

I'm very happy she is safe. However, whether it's illegal for her to make that choice to be with him or not... she DID make it, and I doubt she gave it any thought of whether it was illegal for her to do so. People commit crimes every day that are against the law, but they do it anyhow. Telling a teenager that they are not old enough to do something, just makes them want it more! And they don't give a hoot if it's against the law.

According to the article, LE said the following, "She'll likely be charged with delinquency by reason of interference of custody and inducing panic." So, she wasn't put in there until her mom could get to her and there are plans to possibly punish her.

Thrilled that M was found safely. I hope she gets the help that she needs.

Werewolf enthusiast, 44, 'groomed 14-year-old girl for sex and went on the run after recruiting teens online to join his fantasy weapon games'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...girls-join-slayer-covenant.html#ixzz2vcJ1JfeW
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

That article covers a lot of the stuff I had found and posted earlier, the pictures were creepy, and some of the things he has said on the pages even creepier... Ugghhh, my skin is crawling just thinking about it!

Ugh his wife is standing by him through all this!?!?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That article covers a lot of the stuff I had found and posted earlier, the pictures were creepy, and some of the things he has said on the pages even creepier... Ugghhh, my skin is crawling just thinking about it!

Is the case he is connected to on WS?

since daily mail is blurring out pictures of MB, i'm wondering if we should remove her name and picture from these posts?

According to the article, LE said the following, "She'll likely be charged with delinquency by reason of interference of custody and inducing panic." So, she wasn't put in there until her mom could get to her and there are plans to possibly punish her.

I like that. ;D I've never seen someone charged with "inducing panic" but about half of the cases in the "missing persons" forum, in my opinion, should result in that charge once the case is resolved.

i'm not sure i agree with their choice. if the other article was correct and she was groomed, she is a victim. why would you continue to punish a victim instead of getting her the counseling she needs?

Grand jury issues indictments in connection with manhunt

Edwards and a 14-year-old girl were sought by police after her mother reported the teen missing from her German Twp. home on Feb. 25.

The pair were taken into custody on the night of Feb. 28 after a manhunt.

Edwards’ trial from charges filed in late September, including unlawful sexual conduct with a minor and interference with custody, is scheduled to begin on May 5. He is currently in the Clark County Jail on a $875,000 bond from both cases.

The 14-year-old girl is also facing charges in Juvenile Court of complicity to interfence with custody and inducing panic. She has a hearing scheduled later this month.

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/n...ssues-indictments-in-connection-with-m/nd9zs/

Tuesday, March 11 2014, 09:05 PM EDT

FAIRBORN -- Clark County sheriffs are investigating what they believe is Mark Edwards second Facebook page. Deputies are still waiting to hear back from Facebook personnel to confirm Mark Edwards was the creator of this page where they found hundreds of photos of what appears to be Edwards,MB and a few other people dressed in Halloween costumes while taking violent and provocative pictures.

Police believe Mark Edwards created the Facebook page with the alter ego Nagamishe Shiro. It has now been taken down, but one of the albums we see more than 300 pics from an October 2012 photo shoot of the group. It's called Cosplay, or playing in costume.

Video at link.

http://www.abc22now.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/wkef_vid_19080.shtml

i'm not sure i agree with their choice. if the other article was correct and she was groomed, she is a victim. why would you continue to punish a victim instead of getting her the counseling she needs?

She is being charged as follows..."The 14-year-old girl is also facing charges in Juvenile Court of complicity to interfence with custody and inducing panic. She has a hearing scheduled later this month."

I have great issues with this. A man of this age is not allowed to do this to a child. This really upsets me on so many levels. He induced the panic. If she was on her own, then fine.

Exclusive: Mark Edwards' Attorney Speaks Out
DAYTON -- 44 year old Mark Edwards is accused of running off with 14 year old MB twice. Now, Edwards' defense attorney is speaking out for the first time.

There's no doubt MB and Mark Edwards 3 day rendezvous induced panic. The search was magnified on a national level.

Mark Edwards' defense attorney Mathew Jewson calls the Nancy Grace coverage appalling.

"Labeling this as a pedophile who snatches little girls off the street which is no where near what the state is alleging," Atty. Matthew Jewson explained Wednesday. "She was trying to characterize him as a previously convicted sex offender."

Crazy.........:twocents:

http://www.abc22now.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/wkef_vid_18977.shtml

I don't think LE wants to victimize this girl. I think they see major issues with her and maybe with the family in general. She needs to be scared and she needs to be shut down.. Yes, she's a minor, and yes he was the adult, but she is doing dangerous things with no regard for herself or her family. Remember the old "scared straight"?

Well, she matches the definition, in my opinion, of "delinquency". She was raised in a home with high behavioral standards, and at 14 she turned her back on those standards and ran off with a grown man.

It's not like she's 4. A 14 year old girl is WELL old enough to know not to do this.

I don't know what the strongest charges are that can be leveled against Edwards, but he needs to be dealt with severely, in my opinion.

And she needs to be made aware that she's old enough to know better than doing this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back