OH OH - Oak Harbor, WhtFem 20-30, UP15854, Love Knot Ring, gap in front teeth, smoker, Oct'75

I'm guessing that the need to compare Dorothy Madden to the UID is what prompted the exhumation. The timing is about right and it's pretty common for LE not to start the process until they have a definite lead. Makes it easier to find funding.

It is so hard to be patient though.

This is my first time posting here, and I think this Jane Doe is my reason for being here (along with a few others). This girl was found about 4 or 5 miles South of where I live here in Oak Harbor, OH. I had not heard about this until a couple of years ago when LE shared this story in our local newspaper. She is buried in pauper's cemetery which is right down the road from where I live. The creek that she was found in is in a very rural area, so I have a feeling that if someone murdered her (which IMO is the case) and dumped her body there, they most likely knew the area, that's how rural the creek is. Also, she was found nude and no clothes were found in the area, which makes me believe that her body was dumped there. It can get quite cold here in October, so I'm sure she wasn't wandering around in the middle of nowhere without any clothes on.

About a year or more ago, soon after LE shared her story with local newspaper, they dug up her body and got DNA from the UID girl. Anyway, I called the local Sheriff's office in Ottawa County a couple of months ago and spoke with the lady in charge of the investigation. I inquired about her DNA and the investigator said that they didn't have it back yet. I don't know the normal amount of time that it takes to get DNA back, but it seems to me over a year should be ample time, shouldn't it? I also asked her if they have looked into a lady that is missing from Lorain Ohio (which is about an hour or less East of Oak Harbor), I believe her name is Dorothy Madden(?) that went missing a few months earlier in 1975. I also asked her to contact the DNA Doe Project. Anyway, she really didn't seem interested in anything I had to say. So, I just told her thanks and that I will call her back in a couple of months to see if they have made any progress with the DNA and if they have checked her against any other missing persons in Ohio areas close to us. I guess it's about time for me to call her again.

I have posted on public FB pages here in my area several times about this girl. It breaks my heart that no one seems to care, just a few people interested. I still believe that she can get her name back if more people cared, especially the person here that is in charge of her case, and especially through all the new DNA technology that is giving so many other UIDs their names back. This girl is someone's Mother. She had given birth to at least one child, possibly within the last year prior to her being found! :(
Jesseesue,
I have also been consumed with this case for a number of years and was glad to see the dna has been turned in. I also spoke with the detective at Ottawa Cty Sheriff about a possible ID which weeks after I gave her the name found additional info to eliminate that missing individual. You are correct I feel it was a local who dumped her bc if I am correct on the location it is a tough area to locate. I wonder if the investigators walked upstream for any clues, clothes, tire tracks etc. Two possibles mentioned in previous posts are, Madden and Cotta. Our Jane did not have tattoos or scars according to the coroner and Dorthy Madden had abdominal and knee scars and Jan Cotta did not have that front tooth gap and her teeth looked like they were in good shape. Glad to see others are as hopeful someday she can be Id’d. I hope the DNA finds a possible.

Hi, first time posting here. Has anyone ever looked into Teresa Lynn Rhodes? There are a lot of similarities. I understand they think this Doe was much older, but I feel they could have easily gotten that wrong. Especially back then. Teresa went missing in Sept of ‘75 and she lived about 4 hours from where the doe was found... If you read up on her she was living a risqué sort of lifestyle for such a young girl. So she’s really not out of the realm of possibility. I wanted to submit her but cannot get in contact with any agency. I even left a message for Greensburg police department on FB and I can see that they read my message... but no response... which is rather alarming to me. Then I stupidly tried to reach out to the family and of course they thought I was a scammer. Won’t do that again. I want her ruled out though... can anyone help?

Hi, first time posting here. Has anyone ever looked into Teresa Lynn Rhodes? There are a lot of similarities. I understand they think this Doe was much older, but I feel they could have easily gotten that wrong. Especially back then. Teresa went missing in Sept of ‘75 and she lived about 4 hours from where the doe was found... If you read up on her she was living a risqué sort of lifestyle for such a young girl. So she’s really not out of the realm of possibility. I wanted to submit her but cannot get in contact with any agency. I even left a message for Greensburg police department on FB and I can see that they read my message... but no response... which is rather alarming to me. Then I stupidly tried to reach out to the family and of course they thought I was a scammer. Won’t do that again. I want her ruled out though... can anyone help?

Hello Mascot2581 and Welcome to Websleuths

Teresa's case is one of those that has been near and dear to me since I first heard of her back in 2007.

There are several things that lead me to believe that Teri is not the Sandusky lady ...
- UID has a significant gap between her two front teeth, not present on Teri
- It's believed the UID gave birth to at least one child, possibly one within the year prior to her death
- At least a 20 lb weight difference
- Brown/reddish hair vs brown hair
- It's stated that UID had no scars, birthmarks or tattoos - Teri had a scar from a dog bite above her lip
- Age difference
- Timing is close but it would mean that Teri would have been alive for close to a month after she went missing. IMO, given the circumstances, I believe Teri met with immediate and local foul play.

None of these things, separately, would be enough to rule this out but collectively, again JMO, I just don't think it's her.

If you really feel strongly about this, I'd suggest sending it in to Amy Jenkinson at NamUs. Her email is Amy.Dobbs@unthsc.edu

You mentioned leaving a message on Greensburg PD's facebook page. The original police dept on the case was South Greensburg PD (a different agency). Their phone # is listed on NamUs. Now, just to confuse things a little more, back in February 2010, I was advised by South Greensburg PD that they no longer had the case and referred me to PA State Police Greensburg barracks or the Westmoreland County Detectives (their phone # is also on NamUs).

Link to Teri's case on NamUs: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Hope this is helpful.

Long post warning and I hope everything I post is OK to post. I have been searching and trying to get this girl ID'd for a long time. I posted her info on our local FB page and my own many times. Anyway, I am hoping I have a lead to her identity. I got a message from a local lady that said she is almost positive she went to Jr High School with this girl in 70/71. She said that she distinctly remembers this girl because she was very pretty, and she remembers her gap in her teeth, her hair was a dark blonde/reddish hair and that she had hazel eyes. That part threw me off because of the picture of this girl shows her with dark hair and dark eyes. So, I looked in NAMUS and low and behold, her hair color says brown or reddish and lists her eyes as brown or hazel!

This lady tells me that she walked to and from school daily and that they would meet at lunches, walk across the school and smoke. She said the girl's name was Debbie and that the girl was either adopted or was a foster. She thinks foster though. She said that the girl was not allowed to go to anyone's house and no one was allowed to go to her house either. She said Debbie never told her what her last name was, Debbie just told her that she did not want to use the last name of the family she was living with because they were "not so nice". This lady told me that she distinctly remembers her, that it's one of those memories that stay with you and you never forget. She said she has wondered what happened to Debbie all these years. She saw the article in the newspaper a few years ago and talked to someone, but never heard anything back. So, when I posted on the local FB page, she sent me a message. I talked to her on the phone and she told me all of this.

I know of the family that Debbie lived with, and I personally know one of their sons. He works with my brother. I told my brother to ask this person if he remembers her. He said he doesn't remember her, and that's possible because he was born in 1970. That, along with the fact that he is a private person about his family. My Dad had worked with his Dad back in the 60s and 70s. Dad said there were about eight or nine kids in the family and a couple of them were foster children! My Dad told my brother that years ago when Dad found out the son of the man he worked, with worked with my brother.

This all makes sense and I'm hoping that we might be close to an identification for her. I went to the Sheriff Office and talked to the detective handling the case here. I gave her all of this information and gave her the lady's phone number to talk to. Amazingly, the detective had never heard of this! The detective called and talked to her, so now we wait, I guess.

I've messaged a couple of people to try to get a re-do of the unidentified girl's photo. I think it would be great for her hair to be natural color of dark blonde/reddish with hazel eyes! If I find anything out, I will post it. Thanks everyone for listening.

How do you change this? This lady was actually found here in Ottawa County, just a few miles from my house. It should say Oak Harbor, OH not Sandusky, OH.

I should have mentioned when I talked to the local Detective here in Ottawa County, I asked if they ( again) if they would contact DNA Doe Project. She told me that she can't do anything regarding this case because the FBI is in charge. She said that she can't even ask them a question about the case. That seems odd to me, but that's what she told me. Weird, huh? I'm debating whether or not I should call the FBI contact in NAMUS and relay everything to them and suggest DNA Doe Project. Should I? What do any of you suggest?

Also, I still can't find anyone to to-do her picture to correct hair and eye color. I wish I could get that done so I could show it to the lady that thinks she knew her, and also to post it to our local Facebook Pages.

I tried my best to fix the colors, but I'm not 100% on it. They might still be a bit off. I did it in paint.net, and I'm not particularly a connoisseur in that regard, so that's why it's a bit sloppy, sorry.

Attachments

• oakharbordoe.png
    oakharbordoe.png
    246 KB · Views: 16
I should have mentioned when I talked to the local Detective here in Ottawa County, I asked if they ( again) if they would contact DNA Doe Project. She told me that she can't do anything regarding this case because the FBI is in charge. She said that she can't even ask them a question about the case. That seems odd to me, but that's what she told me. Weird, huh? I'm debating whether or not I should call the FBI contact in NAMUS and relay everything to them and suggest DNA Doe Project. Should I? What do any of you suggest?

Also, I still can't find anyone to to-do her picture to correct hair and eye color. I wish I could get that done so I could show it to the lady that thinks she knew her, and also to post it to our local Facebook Pages.

Very very interesting about the FBI and yes, if you feel you could do it, it would be great to contact the FBI person listed in NaMUS.

There are many reasons why people have bad teeth, socio-economics can be one, but being poor doesn't mean people have bad relationships with authority or family. Yes, in our time we see meth mouth and draw conclusions. But, there could be multiple reasons for bad teeth. Genetics. Gingivitis. Certain medical conditions that result in low saliva production. Chronic nasal allergies resulting in mouth breathing and dryness. Etc. As mentioned by alley, sometimes oral hygiene wasn't practiced much. It really was and still is cheaper to get teeth pulled and dentures than extensive dental work. It can also be cultural...not all people from all countries obsess about teeth as we do. I just hate to place this woman in a certain category based on her teeth...IMOO.

Let also add medication to the list!

Psych meds and asthma meds result in dry mouth. Ugh!

Very very interesting about the FBI and yes, if you feel you could do it, it would be great to contact the FBI person listed in NaMUS.
Thank you! I will call them today. I just didn't want to interfere.
I tried my best to fix the colors, but I'm not 100% on it. They might still be a bit off. I did it in paint.net, and I'm not particularly a connoisseur in that regard, so that's why it's a bit sloppy, sorry.
Thank you, that looks really good. I gave the lady a few choices of hair and eye color of the girl she knew in school. She said the girls eyes were hazel and the hair color was more of a dark blonde/ light brown reddish. I'll try to post the colors for hair and eyes that she chose, if I can figure out how to do that. I'm not a tech person.

Screenshot_20200212-200040.jpgScreenshot_20200212-200344.jpg

So, the lady that thinks she knew this girl in school said her hair color was the second row, 1st hair color. The girls eye color was hazel, which she said #42 is the closest eye color. These colors would give her a entirely different look.

I saw this missing person mentioned on Facebook about a year ago and I’ve been keeping an eye out for a Jane Doe who might fit her description. As far as I’ve been able to tell, she’s not listed on any missing person database and, other than the one post on Facebook (by her niece). Her niece also hasn’t been responding to or updating her post, so I can’t say with absolute certainty that she’s missing.

I decided to broaden my search parameters for possible UID and found this one. The recon reminded me a lot of Ramona. The teeth are quite different, but who knows for sure when the non yearbook photo of her was taken. I’ve wanted to create a thread for her here on WS but don’t really have a source other than social media. If nothing else, maybe someone can help me figure out more about her. Apparently some of her high school classmates had been looking for her too, I’m assuming for class reunions or something.

ETA: link
Jessie C Credeur

This is my Aunt Ramona Crooks from Franklin County, Mississippi born on or around July 3rd, 1954 or 1955. (64-65) No one has seen her since either 1973 or 1974 after my grandmother, Edith Crooks, passed away. If she is alive, she is the only sibling my mother, Allie V Crooks Campbell has left. I would love to find her for my mother who is now 92. I am asking all my Facebook friends and your Facebook friends to pass this around in the hope she will be found. Thank you in advance for all your help!

My grandmother had her in her mid to late 40's. After grandma passed, Aunt Ramona stayed with my Uncle Bud in Orange, TX, my mom, Allie, in the Ferriday/Vidalia, LA, my Aunt Barbara in Gretna, LA, and my Aunt Nobie in the McCall Creek , MS area. Last anyone heard, she had met a man at a laundry mat in Shreveport, LA. She is listed in my Aunt Nobie Wallace's obit as preceded but no one knows if she has passed or is still alive.That is just how Aunt Nobie's family listed her. Aunt Ramona's sisters were/are Allie V, Barbara, Nobie, brothers were Johnny and Bud.

61D4A370-89D6-4025-81A6-10C353FEBB97.jpeg B9C97DC0-CDF4-4796-8CD0-B5E2F4EA8653.jpeg DFA5EE3B-27C0-4737-9FA0-B102F67C7D18.jpeg
Ramona (Franklin (MS) High School -1972), (posted by niece), UID

Nobie Marie Crooks Wallace - Mississippi's Best Community Newspaper

Has there been any correspondence from FBI about the
DNA results? On the DNA DOE project there is public referral request. If no one has completed the request perhaps several of us should do this. I’ve also spoken with the OCSD and they seem to be uninvolved. So the only alternative is keep bothering the FBI with requests.
I recently spoke with some property owners on Muddy Creek where she was found. She had to be tossed off the bridge at Bloom and Bolsinger Rd. and in the days she was in the creek she floated down to a bend. It is hard to believe this was an area of chance. Just seems someone had to know the area. This case nags at me and I’m hoping ancestral dna will solve this for everyone.

Any chance this could be Vicki Maples Maynard? Her profile says she was heard from in 1981 but her daughter posted on her Websleuths thread saying that story about what happened in 1981 wasn't true and she hasn't been heard from since 1973. If that's the case, it could be a possibility? Not sure how it can be submitted as a possibility, since her missing date is 1981. Height, weight, eye color, hair color, age, and she gave birth to one child all match up. I couldn't find anything about her teeth or if she was a smoker to try to match those up. ETA: The noses look different to me but that could be the angle of the picture.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Attachments

• IMG_9624.jpg
    IMG_9624.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
This really isn’t going to help solve anything but I have been trying to locate where she is buried. Records and death certificate indicate an Ottawa County Cemetery. Records that I found in the Ida Rupp Library indicate Riverview Cemetery. No records confirmed that she was buried there. The Sexton for Riverside sent me to the City Offices where the ladies dug in and with many calls it was confirmed that she is buried in a little known cemetery behind the Riverside Nursing Care Facility on Rt. 163 by the County Board of Elections. Apparently someone they spoke with remembers her burial, behind a shed and without any marker. Such a sad ending. What do we have to do to get the FBI to submit her DNA for ancestral testing?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back