OH OH - Oak Harbor, WhtFem 20-30, UP15854, Love Knot Ring, gap in front teeth, smoker, Oct'75

This really isn’t going to help solve anything but I have been trying to locate where she is buried. Records and death certificate indicate an Ottawa County Cemetery. Records that I found in the Ida Rupp Library indicate Riverview Cemetery. No records confirmed that she was buried there. The Sexton for Riverside sent me to the City Offices where the ladies dug in and with many calls it was confirmed that she is buried in a little known cemetery behind the Riverside Nursing Care Facility on Rt. 163 by the County Board of Elections. Apparently someone they spoke with remembers her burial, behind a shed and without any marker. Such a sad ending. What do we have to do to get the FBI to submit her DNA for ancestral testing?
I encountered a similar situation when trying to locate the grave of a Jane Doe near me. Luckily, someone happened to be there 25+ years ago and could help me.

As far as your question, I’d contact the investigating agency and give them the information to people who can help (Othram, DDP, etc). You’ll find out pretty quickly if they’re interested or open to the idea. I hope they are!

Long post warning and I hope everything I post is OK to post. I have been searching and trying to get this girl ID'd for a long time. I posted her info on our local FB page and my own many times. Anyway, I am hoping I have a lead to her identity. I got a message from a local lady that said she is almost positive she went to Jr High School with this girl in 70/71. She said that she distinctly remembers this girl because she was very pretty, and she remembers her gap in her teeth, her hair was a dark blonde/reddish hair and that she had hazel eyes. That part threw me off because of the picture of this girl shows her with dark hair and dark eyes. So, I looked in NAMUS and low and behold, her hair color says brown or reddish and lists her eyes as brown or hazel!

This lady tells me that she walked to and from school daily and that they would meet at lunches, walk across the school and smoke. She said the girl's name was Debbie and that the girl was either adopted or was a foster. She thinks foster though. She said that the girl was not allowed to go to anyone's house and no one was allowed to go to her house either. She said Debbie never told her what her last name was, Debbie just told her that she did not want to use the last name of the family she was living with because they were "not so nice". This lady told me that she distinctly remembers her, that it's one of those memories that stay with you and you never forget. She said she has wondered what happened to Debbie all these years. She saw the article in the newspaper a few years ago and talked to someone, but never heard anything back. So, when I posted on the local FB page, she sent me a message. I talked to her on the phone and she told me all of this.

I know of the family that Debbie lived with, and I personally know one of their sons. He works with my brother. I told my brother to ask this person if he remembers her. He said he doesn't remember her, and that's possible because he was born in 1970. That, along with the fact that he is a private person about his family. My Dad had worked with his Dad back in the 60s and 70s. Dad said there were about eight or nine kids in the family and a couple of them were foster children! My Dad told my brother that years ago when Dad found out the son of the man he worked, with worked with my brother.

This all makes sense and I'm hoping that we might be close to an identification for her. I went to the Sheriff Office and talked to the detective handling the case here. I gave her all of this information and gave her the lady's phone number to talk to. Amazingly, the detective had never heard of this! The detective called and talked to her, so now we wait, I guess.

I've messaged a couple of people to try to get a re-do of the unidentified girl's photo. I think it would be great for her hair to be natural color of dark blonde/reddish with hazel eyes! If I find anything out, I will post it. Thanks everyone for listening.

I'd imagine there might be a photo of her in the yearbook?

Long post warning and I hope everything I post is OK to post. I have been searching and trying to get this girl ID'd for a long time. I posted her info on our local FB page and my own many times. Anyway, I am hoping I have a lead to her identity. I got a message from a local lady that said she is almost positive she went to Jr High School with this girl in 70/71. She said that she distinctly remembers this girl because she was very pretty, and she remembers her gap in her teeth, her hair was a dark blonde/reddish hair and that she had hazel eyes. That part threw me off because of the picture of this girl shows her with dark hair and dark eyes. So, I looked in NAMUS and low and behold, her hair color says brown or reddish and lists her eyes as brown or hazel!

This lady tells me that she walked to and from school daily and that they would meet at lunches, walk across the school and smoke. She said the girl's name was Debbie and that the girl was either adopted or was a foster. She thinks foster though. She said that the girl was not allowed to go to anyone's house and no one was allowed to go to her house either. She said Debbie never told her what her last name was, Debbie just told her that she did not want to use the last name of the family she was living with because they were "not so nice". This lady told me that she distinctly remembers her, that it's one of those memories that stay with you and you never forget. She said she has wondered what happened to Debbie all these years. She saw the article in the newspaper a few years ago and talked to someone, but never heard anything back. So, when I posted on the local FB page, she sent me a message. I talked to her on the phone and she told me all of this.

I know of the family that Debbie lived with, and I personally know one of their sons. He works with my brother. I told my brother to ask this person if he remembers her. He said he doesn't remember her, and that's possible because he was born in 1970. That, along with the fact that he is a private person about his family. My Dad had worked with his Dad back in the 60s and 70s. Dad said there were about eight or nine kids in the family and a couple of them were foster children! My Dad told my brother that years ago when Dad found out the son of the man he worked, with worked with my brother.

This all makes sense and I'm hoping that we might be close to an identification for her. I went to the Sheriff Office and talked to the detective handling the case here. I gave her all of this information and gave her the lady's phone number to talk to. Amazingly, the detective had never heard of this! The detective called and talked to her, so now we wait, I guess.

I've messaged a couple of people to try to get a re-do of the unidentified girl's photo. I think it would be great for her hair to be natural color of dark blonde/reddish with hazel eyes! If I find anything out, I will post it. Thanks everyone for listening.

I'd imagine there might be a photo of her in the yearbook?

Two hunters found the woman's naked body floating in the water Oct. 22, 1975 at a tributary in Mud Creek four miles south and East of Oak Harbor, OH.

She was a smoker and had given birth to at least one child, possibly in the year before she died.

Who is this young lady? There are no exclusions listed.

1673359184395.jpeg1673359204787.jpeg
1673359127594.jpeg
1673359157314.jpeg

Attachments

• 1673359170934.jpeg
    1673359170934.jpeg
    11.9 KB · Views: 10
“At that time this was a traveled roadway, it was a stone drive, but yet a lot of the kids would come out here and hangout in the evenings and that,” Sheriff Levorchick said.

Here’s a look at the clues left behind.

The coroner determined the woman hadn’t been dead long, maybe a week or so.

Investigators released a post-mortem photo to the newspaper, hoping someone would recognize her.

They took dental impressions and checked missing persons cases.
Investigators released Jane Doe's post-mortem photo to the local newspaper in hopes of finding...

Aaron Leist, Captain of Operations, is now working the case.

“She had some distinctive things that they were looking at-- a ring. That was a Celtic knot or a love knot ring style. She also had a gap in her front teeth and damage to her teeth,” Leist said.

The coroner also believed she had at least one child.

Investigators said it’s very possible she’s not from the Oak Harbor area.

“This is a very remote area of Ottawa County and these creeks all drain and rivers all drain into the Lake and Bay, so it’s just one of those where-- you wonder-- you wonder if this was you know, was she dropped here, was she dropped further upstream-- somebody that might have just been out driving and this is the perfect opportunity,” Leist said.

Investigators are re-examining her cause of death, listed as a drowning at the time.

“Obviously finding her completely nude in October, it’s pretty unlikely that was an accident,” Leist said.

“I don’t like misses. I’d like to figure this out as soon as possible,” Leist said. “She was somebody’s daughter.”

He said the Jane Doe had a high-quality post-mortem photo taken, which was published in newspapers.

Then-acting Ottawa County coroner Dr. William Coon ruled the cause of death as due to drowning, and that the body was found within 48 hours after death.

The woman is described as a white female, between the ages of 30 and 35, five feet, five inches tall, with an estimated weight of 150 pounds, and medium length brown hair and hazel eyes.

He added that because of the very public initial searches and the one conducted in 2016 by Ottawa County Sheriff Office Sergeant Amy Gloor, the woman was probably not from this area.

He added that the drowning could have been accidental, but the fact that the body was unclothed makes it unlikely. He said that because of other the combined evidence, he’s “fairly certain,” it was probably a case of human trafficking or a drug-related incident.

So she was likely thrown in the water still alive, but unconscious or not conscious (under the conditions, too) enough to get out of the water? That could be from strangulation, perhaps, as she apparently hadn't been stabbed or beaten, and then she drowned? Or someone thought she was dead from a drug overdose and tossed her in the water, and really she was still alive enough for the cause of death to be drowning? Did they ever do toxicology results on her? Maybe so. She was found fairly soon.

''On Oct. 22, 1975, shortly after 6 p.m., two duck hunters discovered a nude female body floating in about 10 feet of water in Muddy Creek on the southeast end of Salem Township. Officials estimated she had been dead for 48 to 72 hours when her body was found.''

''Authorities described the victim as approximately 5 foot 4 inches tall, between 20 and 30 years old in 1975, weighing between 140 and 150 pounds, with medium-length brown reddish hair, brown or hazel eyes, pierced ears and widely spaced teeth with very poor dental health.''
This composite drawing is what authorities believe the woman may have looked like, reconstructed using her remains and more modern technology that was not available when her body was discovered in 1975.

1701621324558.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back