OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure they would, especially with the Hillbilly Justice, or a clan feud, or something like the Dixie Mafia.

Dixie mafia would be organized crime.

Are there any examples of so many people, including women and teens, being killed in instances of clan feuds or hillbilly justice? Genuinely curious.

In the UK Mail article, Donald Stone says "network: of security cameras" that makes me think inside and outside monitoring an approach to the trailer.
Oh he said security cameras and not trail cams?

If that is the case, it would sway me toward organized crime/hired killer theories. I just can't see 3 or 4 people colluding together to kill so many, particularly the young girls, over a feud.

Good point…I guess I was thinking one person was the idea person/planner and maybe recruited 2 others to maybe rough up the men (*if* they were beaten prior to being shot). Maybe the planner pulled the trigger but had 2 people as muscle/back-up.

It also depends if the locations were hit at the same time, or one by one. TOD is important here and would help if we knew the order or events.

It may well be 3-4 killers, but caught unawares, sleeping in their beds? I think one perp could have coldly and mechanically pulled it off in under two hours. It must have been with 1-2 handgun(s) with a silencer. Like this http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/18/news/companies/silencer-gun-combo/ It makes me sick to think about it but the perp could have shot them in ways that wouldn't kill them at first....

That could make a big difference..

Let's say it is security cameras, I still think the people are familiar with the property, not wasting time walking around everywhere looking, I suspect there were MANY cameras. Maybe a security system AND trail cams? Unless it was all linked back to one specific system, like a computer, and all they had to do was take the computer. Which brings me back to my other possible theory that phones and computers, etc may be missing from the scenes?! Hence being "sophisticated". Gosh.. So many ways to go.

Are there any examples of so many people, including women and teens, being killed in instances of clan feuds or hillbilly justice? Genuinely curious.
Dixie Mafia is loosely organized crime and closely related to country justice.

Sure there have been women and even children.. Off the top of my head, Hatfields and McCoys are the best known.

Link to Daily Mail interview with Donald Stone. They were security cameras and DM says they were insideKenneth's camper. Not to say here weren't trail cameras outside as well, there and at other locations.

EXCLUSIVE: Surveillance cameras set up inside the home of Ohio massacre victim who was ‘paranoid about security’ could have helped identify killers but were 'removed by the murderers'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3563851/Surveillance-cameras-set-inside-home-Ohio-massacre-victim-paranoid-security-helped-identify-killers-removed-murderers.html

Kenneth Rhoden, who was shot once in the head as he lay in bed, was paranoid about security and had bought a pit bull terrier and installed CCTV cameras around his home.

But the killer carefully dismantled several cameras that would have been capable of recording images of all visitors and helped detectives.

His cousin Donald Stone, also 44, said Rhoden was worried about security at his camper home and had installed a network of cameras to record and alert him to visitors. Stone discovered his body and called police adding: 'Those cameras were not there. They had been taken down by the killer.'

Link to Daily Mail interview with Donald Stone. They were security cameras and they were inside Kenneth's camper. Not to say here weren't trail cameras outside as well, there and at other locations.

EXCLUSIVE: Surveillance cameras set up inside the home of Ohio massacre victim who was ‘paranoid about security’ could have helped identify killers but were 'removed by the murderers'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3563851/Surveillance-cameras-set-inside-home-Ohio-massacre-victim-paranoid-security-helped-identify-killers-removed-murderers.html

I'm almost willing to bet CRsr had security cameras and or trail cams at his home, I would think with an operation like that, it would be evident. I wonder if KR's CCTV was obvious though or hidden well, you can buy such small cameras. Ugh, this is all boggling my mind.

It may well be 3-4 killers, but caught unawares, sleeping in their beds? I think one perp could have coldly and mechanically pulled it off in under two hours. It must have been with 1-2 handgun(s) with a silencer. Like this http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/18/news/companies/silencer-gun-combo/

I don't think so. Hannah and Frankie's place was too close to Chris's, shooting people would have woke them next door.

Gary had to be killed right away for just one in there, or there would have been an ambush attempt and likely successful. Seems time was spent with Chris and another victim won't sit while you are distracted with that. Only way one in there is Gary killed immediately and Chris asleep in the back. I don't think one killer could have hit Frankie and Chris separately and survived.. Dana's yes, much further away.

It's ironic that you said "mafia." Mafia sounds really organized, planned and sophisticated to me. I just had to pick up my daughter at a carnival half an hour away. On our drive home, I told her the entire story about the Rhoden massacre. She said, "Mom, it sounds like the mafia did it." I was surprised she said that, because the thought never even crossed my mind. I don't think it was the ACTUAL Mafia. But she raised a good point and made me think. At first blush, without knowing the backgrounds of the cast of characters, this DOES sound very professional and planned out. Now I kind of forgive DeWine for saying that. I thought he was misleading us and totally wrong. But I do understand how it looked like that at first, without knowing all the details.

(Still think it was an inside job with only 2 killers. One killer in Frankie's home and one in Chris's home, later joined by the one from Frankie's. One person with a gun can EASILY control 2 victims. Especially if those victims were cornered in bed when the killer entered.)

Let's say it is security cameras, I still think the people are familiar with the property, not wasting time walking around everywhere looking, I suspect there were MANY cameras. Maybe a security system AND trail cams? Unless it was all linked back to one specific system, like a computer, and all they had to do was take the computer. Which brings me back to my other possible theory that phones and computers, etc may be missing from the scenes?! Hence being "sophisticated". Gosh.. So many ways to go.
Well if it uploaded to a computer, it uploaded to the cloud most likely.

Kenny's place was just a small opening, much different than the others.

I think there had to be three or four minimum where Chris, Gary, Frankie and Hannah were concerned. Those locations were too close.

Agree, someone would have heard something and picked up their cell phone to call for help.

I don't believe it was over a feud. I think it was either over a lot of money (robbery or revenge) or that someone(s) with a lot to lose if their activities were found out had them taken out before they could narc.

Maybe that is what the divers were looking for in the pond -- the hard drive. Certainly the killers wouldn't keep it!

Maybe that is what the divers were looking for in the pond -- the hard drive. Certainly the killers wouldn't keep it!

That's what I'm curious too.. Cell phones, etc. they would not keep those knowing they could be tracked, but they would want them missing and ruined. JMO.

Agree, someone would have heard something and picked up their cell phone to call for help.
I wonder how good cell reception is out there? There's no cell reception where I grew up in southern oh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member