OH - Samuel Dubose, 43, killed by Cincinnati LE during traffic stop, 19 July 2015

This has just been on our news (UK). Absolutely horrible. I'm not totally clear what a 'campus/university cop' is - are they part of the police? Or are they security for a university only? Seems like this nasty individual had an overinflated sense of his own importance. [emoji17]

I think it depends on the campus, but where I live the campus police are like their own police department and they will call in the city police for help when they need more backup. They have jurisdiction over the campus and up to about a mile away from the campus in the surrounding area. From what it sounds like the situation with campus police in this case is similar to where I live. I read that they revoked the campus police's jurisdiction over areas outside of campus after this shooting though.

I watched one clip this morning where theyhad filtered out the sounds. Can't find it now, but the conclusion was that the motor started after the bullet(s). After the bullet(s) he fell forward making his foot hit the gas and car to roll.

It all happens so quick, I didn't see that myself - but with the filtering it seems like that is the order in which things happened.

Here is what it looks like to me from the video I saw (link below). At the point when the officer opens the door, the victim seems to close the door with one hand and simultaneously reach for the ignition key with the other (about 1:53). I believe I can hear the car starting. At this point it gets harder to tell the details because the video gets shaky and they thankfully blurred out the part where the victim gets shot. If you stop and start the video it looks like the victim may have raised his hands (about 1:55), possible when he saw the gun. When I get a chance I may put the video in some editing software to slow it down so I can get more details. From what it looks like to me the DA will be able to tell if his hands were up since he will have a clean unedited copy of the tape.

[video=youtube;Z0cdejrSjyc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0cdejrSjyc[/video]

I am pretty sure SD started to take off when he was shot. You can see in the video he turned the keys in the ignition with his right hand and car started moving. I don't see any raised hands, but cop is reaching into the car and SD appears to be trying to push his hand off.
Cop is clearly screaming "Stop, stop."

This has just been on our news (UK). Absolutely horrible. I'm not totally clear what a 'campus/university cop' is - are they part of the police? Or are they security for a university only? Seems like this nasty individual had an overinflated sense of his own importance. [emoji17]

I agree. Maybe he couldn't make it as a real police officer and is venting his failure and frustration on students. I just hope he never works in LE or is allowed to handle a weapon again.

FWIW, Unis in the UK have police as well, although it seems to me they are primarily liaison officers. Here's an example from where I went to school --
http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/sbs/welfare/safety.html

In the US, campus police departments are more like those of towns or small cities, though they will call in officers from larger jurisdictions when real trouble occurs. I think that part of the reason for having campus police is to keep matters of a certain scale (minor indiscretions, say) from becoming part of an 18 year old's permanent record. Mind you, why in the world a campus police officer would be pulling over motorists away from campus is totally beyond me -- I'm confident they do not have anything like 'arrest/citation quotas'.

The body cam video is not that graphic IMO. Of course I haven't seen it past when SD's car crashes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UC police should stay on campus IMO I live in Cincinnati but I went University of KY and their police could not pull you over to traffic things off campus. Deters has some kind of agenda about shutting down UC police which I'm not sure I agree with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobra.. TY. If you get time to use editing software, see if you can see SD's right arm putting the car in gear. Looking again,I did see him turn the ignition off, and think I saw him turn it back on, so it must have been in neutral,or he had to have taken it out of park and put it in drive (if it was indeed found in drive , after it ran into the utility pole.) Grand jurors probably know, but that won't be revealed until trial..... JMO

There may be dash cams', too, the existence of which we've not been told.

I would LOVE to hear about this arrested former cop's personal life - did he have pals? Spouse? Parents? He seemed like one 'little kid' on a big Ego/Power Trip, and surely he got that way due to things in his past. I imagine it's something along the lines of the Palmer dentist here in MN who paid $55K to lure that lion from the refuge, shoot the poor dear with a bow & arrow, let the beloved creature suffer FORTY HOURS !! in horrible paid and only then kill God's creature with a gun. Does anyone know if dentist Palmer has got the head of the lion (he cut the head off...) mounted up in his home yet? Is there a MN dentist Palmer thread here about that case (Palmer was convicted a felony not too long ago, felony which included LYING to law enforcement)? Palmer himself put out a statement that said at his busy 'White Smiles' dentist office, he put up a poster about (who do you think..........) HIM that said he "LOVED TO WATCH GOD'S ANIMALS" - - Palmer said it was on purpose that he left out that He would then kill 'em all by bow & arrow, cuz' 'it might turn some of the patients off'.... I would think MN dentist Palmer would Luv to hire this fired cop facing Murder.

CNN's Tom Fuentes (former Asst FBI director) went through the video frame by frame and it is obvious that SD started the engine and put the car in gear and stomped on the accelerator BEFORE he was shot.

In hindsight it may appear that the officer overreacted but I don't doubt that he was afraid for his life in that instant he pulled the trigger. Police officers have been killed in similar situation's where motorists try to flee a traffic stop (here in Canada a teen was convicted of 1st degree murder after an officer was killed in a traffic stop http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...-styles-guilty-of-1st-degree-murder-1.3115800 ).

According to the defense attorney there are two other video's from other the officer's body cams. Why haven't they been released? Is it because they do not support the narrative that the prosecutor has created?

I don't know why the prosecutor called this a "chicken crap" traffic stop. SD was driving a car without tags. He had what looked like an open container of liquor inside the car. His license was suspended which means that he was probably not covered by insurance. This is the type of person you want to get off the road. This was hardly a minor traffic stop.

There may be dash cams', too, the existence of which we've not been told.

I would LOVE to hear about this arrested former cop's personal life - did he have pals? Spouse? Parents? He seemed like one 'little kid' on a big Ego/Power Trip, and surely he got that way due to things in his past. I imagine it's something along the lines of the Palmer dentist here in MN who paid $55K to lure that lion from the refuge, shoot the poor dear with a bow & arrow, let the beloved creature suffer FORTY HOURS !! in horrible paid and only then kill God's creature with a gun. Does anyone know if dentist Palmer has got the head of the lion (he cut the head off...) mounted up in his home yet? Is there a MN dentist Palmer thread here about that case (Palmer was convicted a felony not too long ago, felony which included LYING to law enforcement)? Palmer himself put out a statement that said at his busy 'White Smiles' dentist office, he put up a poster about (who do you think..........) HIM that said he "LOVED TO WATCH GOD'S ANIMALS" - - Palmer said it was on purpose that he left out that He would then kill 'em all by bow & arrow, cuz' 'it might turn some of the patients off'.... I would think MN dentist Palmer would Luv to hire this fired cop facing Murder.

If you watch the full 27 minute video from the beginning it shows the inside of the officer's car and it doesn't look like there is a dash cam in there. It's possible there is one, but you don't see one in the video.

CNN's Tom Fuentes (former Asst FBI director) went through the video frame by frame and it is obvious that SD started the engine and put the car in gear and stomped on the accelerator BEFORE he was shot.

I posted up thread that it's pretty clear SD started the engine before being shot. You can see him turning keys with his right hand, then the motor turns on. Then the car starts moving, and cop seems to be running alongside it and screaming Stop. Cop's hand is reaching inside the car.

By the way, I just wanted to point out that prosecutor isn't supposed to make statements that would increase public condemnation of the accused.
For whatever reason, that doesn't seem to stop prosecutors from making these types of statement day in and day out.

I am pretty sure SD started to take off when he was shot. You can see in the video he turned the keys in the ignition with his right hand and car started moving. I don't see any raised hands, but cop is reaching into the car and SD appears to be trying to push his hand off.
Cop is clearly screaming "Stop, stop."

So, was the car already in "drive" or is it visible from the video that he shifted into "drive" ? I don't know, which is why I asked if anyone sees him shifting. It takes a wee bit of time, because the button has to be depressed to shift and this all happened soooooo quickly that I cannot see it. RT's attorney alleges that BD jammed it into "drive" and accelerated, dragging RT for a distance. I do not see evidence of that. JMO

JMO I really hope that his parents did not remortgage their home, if he is suicidal. After the fact, I still feel badly for him. I'm sure that he has regrets. He is entitled to a defense and I hope for him and his family that he will see this ordeal through, wherever it takes him. JMO

The officer's left arm and hand seemed to be fully functioning when he got in his car to retrieve his phone and his big bottle of water.

He appeared not to use his seatbelt when he got in the police car for the trip to the hospital. Where I live, thats a violation, a big one.

There are three threads right near the top of recent crimes in the news that have to do with police involvement in the deaths of black people. I should know better than to click on any of these, but I did and now I regret it.

Why is it that in every other websleuths thread there's a million comments piling on the accused or indicted, (wishing them all sorts of horrors in prison, which is another unsettling thing about this site in general imo) -but when we get threads like this where there is actual video and photographic evidence of people being unjustly abused and/or murdered the threads are filled with commenters rationalizing why the victims deserved their fates (so very odd for a "victim friendly" site) and pretty much gleeful about all of the ways they believe the defense should be able to make a mockery of these cases once they go to trial. Forget about "Justice for the Victims" and all that other stuff WS usually likes so much.

News Flash: you'll all get your way. Have you seen the abysmal conviction rates of police in even the most egregious cases? (And yes, these latest three are pretty egregious examples as well). It makes me think that a large percent of the people who post classes or categories of people are just expendable or the cost of doing business to "protect us" ("us" being the people this kind of mindset doesn't affect I guess?)

Anyway, I will now go back to not clicking on any of these links that have to do with black and brown people being gunned down by police or police wannabes. I don't have the time, will, or stomach to have to begin to justify why it's not ok to kill someone preemptively because they are too "****g" or "mouthy" or "disrespectful" or "uncooperative".

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back