OH - Samuel Dubose, 43, killed by Cincinnati LE during traffic stop, 19 July 2015

This happened 15 minutes from where I live and I am glad to see this thread.

This was MURDER.

Why is it that in every other websleuths thread there's a million comments piling on the accused or indicted, (wishing them all sorts of horrors in prison, which is another unsettling thing about this site in general imo) -but when we get threads like this where there is actual video and photographic evidence of people being unjustly abused and/or murdered the threads are filled with commenters rationalizing why the victims deserved their fates (so very odd for a "victim friendly" site) and pretty much gleeful about all of the ways they believe the defense should be able to make a mockery of these cases once they go to trial. Forget about "Justice for the Victims" and all that other stuff WS usually likes so much.

rsbm --

True enough. Just wait -- if past threads like this are any indication, the next stage is where the officer who killed the unarmed man is called a 'victim' by some posters (for, I guess, how unfair they think it is that he was prosecuted), followed by criticism of the prosecutors (usually suggesting they are incompetent or corrupt) and those who defend the victim (as having an 'agenda' or trying to support a 'narrative').

(To be clear, this is never done by the mods, who have to clean up the stuff that follows.)

There are three threads right near the top of recent crimes in the news that have to do with police involvement in the deaths of black people. I should know better than to click on any of these, but I did and now I regret it.

Why is it that in every other websleuths thread there's a million comments piling on the accused or indicted, (wishing them all sorts of horrors in prison, which is another unsettling thing about this site in general imo) -but when we get threads like this where there is actual video and photographic evidence of people being unjustly abused and/or murdered the threads are filled with commenters rationalizing why the victims deserved their fates (so very odd for a "victim friendly" site) and pretty much gleeful about all of the ways they believe the defense should be able to make a mockery of these cases once they go to trial. Forget about "Justice for the Victims" and all that other stuff WS usually likes so much.

News Flash: you'll all get your way. Have you seen the abysmal conviction rates of police in even the most egregious cases? (And yes, these latest three are pretty egregious examples as well). It makes me think that a large percent of the people who post classes or categories of people are just expendable or the cost of doing business to "protect us" ("us" being the people this kind of mindset doesn't affect I guess?)

Anyway, I will now go back to not clicking on any of these links that have to do with black and brown people being gunned down by police or police wannabes. I don't have the time, will, or stomach to have to begin to justify why it's not ok to kill someone preemptively because they are too "****g" or "mouthy" or "disrespectful" or "uncooperative".

:clap:

This happened 15 minutes from where I live and I am glad to see this thread.

This was MURDER.

It sure looks that way to me. But I am interested in how this will be defended, because I learned a lot working as a paralegal in legal research, for a public defender's office. It does seem to me reading these threads, that people are not interested in the defense of whoever they deem to be guilty by way of what is chosen to sell in headline news ala MSM. I am not pro nor con LE, but a defense attorney is hired to represent the defendant's narrative. If the narrative just doesn't mesh with actual facts, the best thing to do for your client is to get a plea deal. I see a plea in the future of this case. JMO

Just for the record. Air fresherner a.k.a "smell good".....comes in those types of "gin" bottles. Fwiw

Just for the record. Air fresherner a.k.a "smell good".....comes in those types of "gin" bottles. Fwiw

One poster has already decided that it was an open alcoholic beverage. I don't know how. I would need to see it up front and close. RT as far as I know, did not question SD about it. JMO

I don't understand what you mean by that. Somebody sells air fresherner in a Gin bottle?

In Ohio backseat passengers don't need seatbelts.
I am fairly certain the officer was riding in the front passenger seat of the Police car that took him to the University Hospital. I don't have time right now to watch it again but I will watch it again later.

One poster has already decided that it was an open alcoholic beverage. I don't know how. I would need to see it up front and close. RT as far as I know, did not question SD about it. JMO

I paused it when the officer has it in his hand. If it is open, there's no way enough was even consumed out of it to be drunk. It looked full to me. The officer didn't seem to care much about it after he looked at it so I'm guessing it was unopened.

It sure looks that way to me. But I am interested in how this will be defended, because I learned a lot working as a paralegal in legal research, for a public defender's office. It does seem to me reading these threads, that people are not interested in the defense of whoever they deem to be guilty by way of what is chosen to sell in headline news ala MSM. I am not pro nor con LE, but a defense attorney is hired to represent the defendant's narrative. If the narrative just doesn't mesh with actual facts, the best thing to do for your client is to get a plea deal. I see a plea in the future of this case. JMO

ITA.

The issue about the license plates really pissed me off because here in cincinnati you don't have to have one on the front of the car. Right now I have 3 cars sitting in the driveway with no plates on the front.

The gin bottle-all he had to do was smell it. I buy these all the time it's nothing but fragranced oil.

Samuel didn't have his license on him. Big deal. From talk around the area, he was just going to the corner store and back home. He told the guy to run his name and that he did have a license he just didn't have them on him. Worst case-it should've been just a ticket.

Right before firing the shot, it looks like the officer was holding on to the seatbelt. Weird.

UC campus police shot and killed this man who wasn't even on uc campus. Weird.

I don't understand what you mean by that. Somebody sells air fresherner in a Gin bottle?

Lol. But the answer is YES.

You can buy them and it's nothing but fragranced oil, we call it "smell good". One bottle lasts for months because normally when cleaning, you should mix it with water.

I don't know factually if the gin bottle contained alcohol or "smell good" but because I use this oil I wouldn't be surprised if it was "smell good". Jus sayin

Furthermore, whether alcohol or not, it didn't look like it had been open. Jmo

I paused it when the officer has it in his hand. If it is open, there's no way enough was even consumed out of it to be drunk. It looked full to me. The officer didn't seem to care much about it after he looked at it so I'm guessing it was unopened.

IMO, that officer was looking for "something" to get SD on and he had nothing.

I don't know factually if the gin bottle contained alcohol or "smell good" but because I use this oil I wouldn't be surprised if it was "smell good". Jus sayin

Furthermore, whether alcohol or not, it didn't look like it had been open. Jmo

The bottle said "Barton Gin" on it. I don't understand why someone would put oil in a liquor bottle and sell it?

I'm here in cincy and yes people put fragrances in old gin bottles. Why is this a point of debate? We can people shape it into trees, crowns and candles but nothing else? Pretty sure that's irrelevant to this murder. Another power trip gone wrong. All he had to let is let the man present his plate, sniff the bottle, run his name. But nope he had to be extra so he can figure it out in prison.

If the stop was not justified by the lack of a front plate, it is relevant as to motive. I quickly googled two plate law in Ohio, and it is murky, but I think that it may be a murky law that is argued about but still in effect. If so, it is probably rarely enforced unless the officer is on a fishing expedition. JMO

So, was the car already in "drive" or is it visible from the video that he shifted into "drive" ? I don't know, which is why I asked if anyone sees him shifting. It takes a wee bit of time, because the button has to be depressed to shift and this all happened soooooo quickly that I cannot see it. RT's attorney alleges that BD jammed it into "drive" and accelerated, dragging RT for a distance. I do not see evidence of that. JMO

Maybe the car was stopped while the shift was still in drive. I don't see him shifting, but I can definitely see him turning the keys and hear the motor turning on. Also, if the car was in park, it wouldn't have moved after the driver was shot.

I'm here in cincy and yes people put fragrances in old gin bottles. Why is this a point of debate? We can people shape it into trees, crowns and candles but nothing else? Pretty sure that's irrelevant to this murder. Another power trip gone wrong. All he had to let is let the man present his plate, sniff the bottle, run his name. But nope he had to be extra so he can figure it out in prison.

From what I see, the man was taking off. Doesn't mean the officer had to shoot him, of course.

Why does everyone run these days? Absolutely not a reason to be killed, but I don't understand why people run.

Video analysis supports claim by Officer Tensing that he was dragged

In this second body cam video from an officer behind Tensing we see Tensing picking himself off the ground where he was violently tossed when SD took off. Notice how far up the street Tensing is! He is farther up the street from where he stopped SD.

Second bodycam (freeze video at 11 sec mark)
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...police-responding-sam-dubose-shooting-n401231

Here is Officer Tensings bodycam. Note how close his cruiser is parked behind SD (freeze video at 46 sec mark). How did he wind up way up the street if he wasn't dragged?
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2015/07/29/publish/30830777/]

As a reference point notice from the Tensing bodycam (freeze at 46 sec mark) that SD's car is directly opposite a point in the road they has what looks like a mound of dirt. This is where Tensing would have been standing during the stop. Now in the second bodycam video (freeze at 11 sec mark) note that Tensing is a good ten feet ahead of this mound of dirt as he picks himself up (in this video we see that another car is now parked had of this mound of dirt).

Tensing tells the second officer that he was dragged to which the second officer "yeah I saw that". It is important to note that these comments were captured contemporaneously to the event, i.e. they were not "cooked" up at a later date as a way to deflect blame. The incident reports reflect these contemporaneous comments as captured on video. It is nonsense therefore for the prosecutor and the family's hired gun - Mark O'Mara to allege that the reports are at odds with the video.

Unfortunately there does not seem to be any dashcam video. If Tensings car was equipped with one it wouldn't help because he pointed his car on a diagonal away from SD's car.

This incident shows the limitation of body cams. They should be used to supplement NOT replace dash cam's which IMO provide a better overview. Had this incident been captured by a dash-cam we would have seen the officer being dragged for a few feet before violently falling backward from the force the the fleeing car.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back