Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK if he's an RSO, but, he most definitely is a violent offender, and is probably in a data base. I bet the LE were at his home within hours.

LE would look for similar crimes. The MO is very similar-both young women were riding bikes.

LE would look for similar crimes. The MO is very similar-both young women were riding bikes.

I remember researching bicycle abductions during the Mickey Shunick <LA> abduction. They seem to be rare. although I did find one in Raleigh, NC that happened after Mickey was abducted. Since then I have wondered if the perp saw her story on the internet; copycat. The NC perp was arrested..

I think predators try to get any lone female no matter her mode of travel. Opportunity. No one around. Isolated area with good cover.

Bringing this post over for anyone that may want to read it. Gives some insight to the way sexual predators and serial killers think. How they choose their victims, etc.

http://www.expertlaw.com/library/investigators/serial_killers.html

Serial Killers - A Homicide Detective's Take - By Nelson Andreu

Credentials and Interest
Common Knowledge
Genesis of a Serial Killer
Victim Selection
Victim Objectification
Denouement
Case Histories

If I were to guess, the cadaver dogs led them where to dig. I have heard from at least 2 sources there were other bones found on the property. I think the dogs along with maybe a tip of the prior abduction is what really got things moving...my own speculation of course

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
This is absolutely chilling. I don't even have a word for the feeling.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm trying to walk through the evidence collection process. First, they needed a witness or prints/DNA on Sierah's bike. Next, they likely would have collected evidence from vehicles and the house. But what caused them to dig? Would the septic tank possibly be by the barn? Could they have caught him flushing something? A weapon or other evidence linking him to Sierah or to another person?

It has been quoted that JW wasn't talking in MSM. So that's out.
It has been mentioned in here that possibly a scent dog picked up in the barn .... either because that was location of crime or perhaps his vehicle was in there or other possibilities. And then outside of the barn, the same has been mentioned (where they dug). Is it also possible that it was a disturbed area and they HAD to investigate? Beyond simpler equipment to be sure? I was just reading this article about using an excavator and then sifting after. If they've been at his house for two days behind trees and such, maybe they have been sifting dirt for this long? http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index...unty_dig_related_to_35-year-old_homicide.html

I do wonder what led the LE to the field/area where Sierah was found *sigh*. Seems like they found evidence at JW' barn that led them to Sierah. Dirt, leaves?

Hello I am new to the forum but I have been following this from the beginning. First I would like to give my condolence to the family and you are in my thoughts a prayers. I do live in the area and have driven by this SOBs house before in passing. No one knew of him in the area. He was off the radar of people in the area. I do not know the family personally but know several people who do know them. But I do some genealogy and looked into the family and they do have past family property on K but no specific on a specific property. I'm sure LE knew this or knew of this.

Word is they found her remains by use of a plane with a hyper spectral camera. <modsnip>
it is very likely she would not have been found had it not been for this plane.
During one of the press conferences this plane was mentioned, and seen flying over.

Evergreen school district covers a huge area and it's set up strange. You could have went to Evergreen but you had a Delta, Swanton, Wauseon, Lyons or Metamora address. All the school districts are quirky like that. He had a Delta address, but wasn't really a Delta resident, if that makes sense?

He was never convicted of a sexual offense. And his original crime occurred before the SO registry was implemented.

Word is they found her remains by use of a plane with a hyper spectral camera. <modsnip>
it is very likely she would not have been found had it not been for this plane.
During one of the press conferences this plane was mentioned, and seen flying over.

Evergreen school district covers a huge area and it's set up strange. You could have went to Evergreen but you had a Delta, Swanton, Wauseon, Lyons or Metamora address. All the school districts are quirky like that. He had a Delta address, but wasn't really a Delta resident, if that makes sense?

Wow SueDonim, thank you for this info! And welcome to Websleuths! :)

:welcome5: to all new members. We are so blessed to have locals to give us an idea of the community and what this case is like from their own backyards, so to speak. May I say your community has really been amazing through all this.

Just a quick reminder to become familiar with the rules linked in my signature. We are so happy to have you with us.

I hope LE hold a presser tomorrow and clear up any rumors. This community is really hurting and needs answers.

I feel just beaten down.

And I'm not even family or friend.

I'm holding all who love Sierah high to the sky tonight. With wishes and strength to get through the coming days.

We will ALWAYS be here for you.

I'm sure it will be weeks or months before additional info is released. This is bigger than anyone ever imagined.
It could take that long to finish searching his property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname