GUILTY OH - Theodore 'Tim' Timmons, 62, murdered, Londonderry, 26 July 2016 *Arrest*

We would take I75 to St. Louis then 44 & 40 to Las Cruces, NM. Just thought I'd check that route too.

Current status for Nelson and Hanes.

Nelson:

Defense Attorney Amanda Skinner told the judge his charges were solely drug related and had nothing to do with the death of officer Jose Chavez. Nelson acknowledged before the judge that he understood his rights and charges.

Skinner said authorities in Ohio have until September 15 to take custody of the [Ohio] murder suspect [Nelson]. "The state filed an extradition manner involving Mr. Nelson and on Monday August 15 he did wave extradition to Ohio," Skinner said.

Hanes:

Hanes is now in federal custody. A sheriff's spokeswoman told ABC-7 Hanes was released late Wedneday afternoon from University Medical Center in El Paso.

http://m.kvia.com/news/ohio-murder-...er-facing-drug-charges-in-new-mexico/41268720

Ross County Sheriff Lavender and others will be in Las Cruces on Saturday to attend the service for Officer Chavez.

They may intend to bring Nelson with them when they return.

Isn't his middle name Denver?

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Yes, it is. I'm just trying to figure out where they stayed and possible crimes along the way like in CO. It doesn't take from July 24th, until August 12th (nineteen days) to get from Londenarry to Hatch.

The news really varies on the specific date of events..

Man accused of killing Hatch police officer appears before federal judge

His federal charges and potential penalties and fines include: Carjacking Resulting in Serious Bodily Injury, Discharging a Firearm During a Crime of Violence, and Felon in Possession of a Firearm.

If convicted, the maximum prison sentence for the carjacking charge is 25 years in federal prison, 5 years supervised probation, and a $250,000 fine.

The maximum sentence for the discharging of a firearm charge is 10 years in federal prison; for being a felon in possession of a firearm, it's 10 years in federal prison, 2 years supervised probation, and a $250,000 fine.

It is not known if Hanes will be tried on the federal charges first. There is a possibility he could be extradited to Ohio, where Hanes' murder charge carries a death sentence punishment. New Mexico abolished the death penalty in 2009.

http://www.kvia.com/news/man-accuse...medium=social&utm_source=twitter_ABC7breaking

I seen on the news when Hanes made his court appearance that he complained about not getting to make his "free phone call". The judge told him to talk to his public defender about it.
Mr. Timmons did not get a chance to make a last phone call before Hanes allegedly killed him.
The officer who did the traffic stop.. who's funeral is today, leaving behind a wife and two children did not get a chance to make a last phone call before he was shot.
I guess he legally may be entitled to a phone call, but he can thank himself for the choices he made. He will most likely never walk or drive the streets again, and will possibly be facing lethal injection if found guilty.

I hope LE are giving him lots of extra care ;)

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...itney-kuhn-james-nelson-jesse-hanes/90510156/

Perhaps they cut a deal with her in exchange for lesser charges, IDK. One question which I hope will be answered in time, is HOW did she have access to unlock the door, did Mr. Timmons supply her with a key? Was she someone he thought he knew well enough to give a key to.. or had she been there before and "helped herself" to the key....? I am sure the two characters were capable of breaking in.

From the article:
Whitney N. Kuhn, 24, of 11383 U.S. 50, is charged with one count each of complicity to commit aggravated robbery and complicity to commit aggravated burglary, both first-degree felonies.

According to Rick Hannan, an investigator with the Ross County Prosecuting Attorney's office, Kuhn is accused of unlocking a door to the Poes Run Road home of 62-year-old Theodore Timmons, which allowed James Nelson and Jesse Hanes to gain access to the home.

BBM Poor man had no clue what was coming
Hannan said after Timmons' body was discovered in the home on July 25, police reviewed his cellphone records and found a text message setting up a meeting between Kuhn and Timmons. After the message, Kuhn then drove to the home, where she met with Timmons. Prosecutors say Kuhn unlocked the door and exited the home, leaving Timmons standing in the doorway. Nelson and Hanes rushed the door, while Kuhn drove away.

Jesse Hanes was sentenced last week to life without parole for the murder of Officer Jose Chavez. According to the link, charges against Hanes and James Nelson are still pending for the murder of Theodore Timmons.

http://www.lcsun-news.com/story/news/crime/2017/09/07/jesse-hanes-sentenced-life-without-parole-hatch-officers-murder/642320001/

Whitney N. Kuhn pleaded guilty and was sentenced last December.

Kuhn gets 5 years for part in fatal robbery

Whitney N. Kuhn, 25, wept as she addressed the court during sentencing, attempting to apologize for leading the two men accused of killing 62-year-old Ted Timmons to his Poes Run Road home in July. Officials previously said she unlocked a door to Timmons' home and drove off as the men rushed the doorway where Timmons was standing.

<snipped>

Shawna Ott spoke in court on behalf of Timmons' family, recalling the generosity of her cousin and the anger they feel toward Kuhn.

"I hope one day we can forgive her for what she has done to us, but we'll never be the same," Ott said.

Although Judge Mike Ater expressed interest in sentencing Kuhn to more time in prison, he went along with the five years recommended by Ross County Assistant Prosecutor Jeff Marks and also ordered her to pay $3,700 in restitution for funeral expenses and a $10,000 fine.

Jesse D. Hanes, 41, was sentenced to life in prison without parole on Thursday in Ross County Common Pleas Court. Hanes was charged with the Timmons' murder after breaking into his home in July of 2016.

Hanes pleaded guilty to aggravated murder, a first-degree felony, in a plea deal that removed the possibility of a death penalty.
Hanes sentenced to life in prison for murder

Whitney Kuhn was sentenced to 5 years at the end of December 2016
She has now served 3 years of her 5 year sentence.
I wonder if she has been released or is still being held.

I can’t find anything on this point.
If anyone does know, or finds info., please post. Ty.

Whitney Kuhn was sentenced to 5 years at the end of December 2016
She has now served 3 years of her 5 year sentence.
I wonder if she has been released or is still being held.

I can’t find anything on this point.
If anyone does know, or finds info., please post. Ty.

She's still in jail.

Offender Details

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191227-091517_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20191227-091517_Samsung Internet.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20191227-091529_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20191227-091529_Samsung Internet.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 0

Members online

Online statistics

Members online