GUILTY OK - Christopher Lane, 22, Australian, slain in thrill killing, Duncan, 16 Aug 2013

& why are people bringing race into this? Anybody reading the comments on these news articles? Race has nothing to do with this!

White people kill whites, browns, reds, greens, yellows, purples, yada yada.

Brown people kill browns, reds, greens, yellows, purples, whites, yada yada.

Red people kill reds, greens, yellows, purples, whites, browns, yada yada.

Green people kill greens, yellows, purples, whites, browns, reds, yada yada.

Yellow people kill yellows, purples, whites, browns, reds, greens, yada yada.

Purple people kill purples, whites, browns, reds, greens, yellows, yada yada.

For crying out loud all the colors of the rainbow and all of their shades and mixtures kill each other. The list is infinite. Race doesn't belong as a factor. Horrible people are the factor.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/08/20/06/07/alleged-killer-boasted-on-facebook

'Killer' boasted about drive-by online
ninemsn staff and AFP 6:07am August 20, 2013

Snipped:
One of three US boys accused in the murder of Australian baseballer Chris Lane posted a message on Facebook boasting about the drive-by shooting: "Bang. Two drops in two hours."

Police found this message hours after arresting the boys, following the random shooting in a quiet, upper-class area of the small city of Duncan, Oklahoma.

Snipped:
If convicted of first degree murder, the boys could be sentenced to death.

Snipped:
Mr Ford said that the accused teenagers did not have an apparent link to a gang or drugs, although one kept an appointment with juvenile authorities in between the shooting of Mr Lane and their arrest.

If convicted of first degree murder, the boys could be sentenced to death.

Ok, I'm not trusting anything from a media source which thinks under 18s can be sentenced to death. Basic fact checking is obviously beyond them, so what else did they get wrong?

& why are people bringing race into this? Anybody reading the comments on these news articles? Race has nothing to do with this!

White people kill whites, browns, reds, greens, yellows, purples, yada yada.

Brown people kill browns, reds, greens, yellows, purples, whites, yada yada.

Red people kill reds, greens, yellows, purples, whites, browns, yada yada.

Green people kill greens, yellows, purples, whites, browns, reds, yada yada.

Yellow people kill yellows, purples, whites, browns, reds, greens, yada yada.

Purple people kill purples, whites, browns, reds, greens, yellows, yada yada.

For crying out loud all the colors of the rainbow and all of their shades and mixtures kill each other. The list is infinite. Race doesn't belong as a factor. Horrible people are the factor.

For the same reason people bring race into it when the races are reversed. Emphasizing inter-racial murders, which are much less common than intra-racial murders, becomes a tit for tat thing for a lot of people. JMO, OMO, and :moo:.

http://www.news.com.au/national-new...rive-by-shooting/story-fncynjr2-1226699511591

'I love you so much': Girlfriend Sarah Harper's tribute to slain Melbourne baseballer Christopher Lane
by: Stephen Drill, AAP
Herald Sun
August 19, 2013 3:07PM

Snipped:
"Luckily we had officers there really quick," Detective John Byers said.

A search of the car found a shotgun, but the handgun was yet to be found, Chief Ford said.

However, ammunition for the handgun was found hidden in a fuse box under the bonnet of the car and Chief Ford said surveillance footage showed, minutes after Lane was shot, the boys hiding a weapon in the air box breather in the car's engine.

In between the shooting of Lane and the boys' arrest one of the boys kept an appointment with juvenile authorities for a previous brush with the law, Chief Ford said.

The boys did not have an apparent link to a gang or drugs, he added.

"I know everybody thinks there has to be a reason, but I've been in this business for 30 years and there doesn't have to be a reason with these kids," Chief Ford said.

I don't even know what to say,killing someone because you're bored?

They should be tried as adults imo I don't see why they shouldn't, they knew what they were doing and bragged about it.

He was a handsome guy what a shame! R.I.P :rose:

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

I'm very glad that Ms Luna says if her son is responsible, she wants him held accountable.

http://www.news9.com/story/23177362...r-australian-native-randomly-chosen-as-target

Police: ECU Baseball Player, Australian Native Target Of Random Killing
Posted: Aug 19, 2013 8:21 PM EDT
Updated: Aug 19, 2013 11:53 PM EDT
By News9.com - email
By Lisa Monahan, News 9 - bio | email

Snipped:
Their parents can, though. Jennifer Luna says the three accused, her 16-year-old son C*****y L**a, and his friends J***s E*****s and M*****l J***s are a part of a "wannabe gang." But she is confident her son is not a killer.

"I know in my heart he didn't pull that trigger," Luna said.

But Luna says if evidence shows her son was involved in the death of Christopher Lane, then she would expect him to be held responsible.

District Attorney Jason Hicks will now decide if the teenagers should be tried as adults.

Charges are expected to be filed on Tuesday.

Underlined by me.
Well, all I can say, if what is reported is true, it doesn't really matter if he pulled the trigger. If they picked him out while jogging as who they were going to shoot, and then got in the car in order to shoot him, it's a conspiracy, and they all are equally held responsible. JMO, and assuming that the DA doesn't make a deal with any of them.

This makes me so sad. This boy looks like any of the boys on my son's baseball team. I'm sure this is the last thing that his parents expected. How senseless.

They can't be sentenced to death since all of them are under 18. Not eligible for the death penalty.

I know, I posted what was in the article jjenny. Nobody under 18 in the USA can receive the dp since 2005.

Omg they turn my stomach...all 3 of them disgust me. They need the book thrown at them.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/08/2...-chris-lane-killed-by-bored-teens-in-oklahoma

College baseball player Chris Lane allegedly killed by 'bored' teens in Oklahoma 205
QMI AGENCY
FIRST POSTED: TUESDAY, AUGUST 20, 2013 12:59 AM EDT | UPDATED: TUESDAY, AUGUST 20, 2013 12:28 PM EDT

Snipped:
Thanks to video surveillance footage from local businesses, police were able to support the residents' claim that a black vehicle was transporting the supposed killers. Footage showed the vehicle pull behind a hotel for about 10 minutes following the shooting, and then driving away.

Approximately three hours later, police received a call reporting the presence of "three juveniles at a house with guns and wanting to kill somebody."

The three teens were found shortly thereafter.

Interviews with police, Ford said, revealed the 16-year-old pulled the trigger, while the 17-year-old drove the vehicle.

They can't receive LWOP either, SCOTUS ruled that about a year ago.

Thanks, I didn't know that one! Wth? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

This is one case where I would strongly support the death penalty. LWOP not being an option either makes me even more disgusted with our lawmakers.

Thanks, I didn't know that one! Wth? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

This is one case where I would strongly support the death penalty. LWOP not being an option either makes me even more disgusted with our lawmakers.

Just to clarify, that doesn't mean they can't be kept in prison for life. It just means that a parole board has to review them at some stage throughout their sentence, but of course parole boards can deny parole too.

I don't agree with the death penalty for juveniles under any circumstances. JMO, MOO, etc.

Just to clarify, that doesn't mean they can't be kept in prison for life. It just means that a parole board has to review them at some stage throughout their sentence, but of course parole boards can deny parole too.

I don't agree with the death penalty for juveniles under any circumstances. JMO, MOO, etc.

I agree. In addition to murdering an innocent young man, they just threw their own lives away. They will spend the majority of their days behind bars. Rightly so, but this horrific crime is a tragedy every way you look at it. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Its enough to make anyone angry, but bear in mind we only "know" that their motive was boredom because the media have told us a police officer told them that one of the defendants told him. I don't trust the media enough, nor the 17 year old defendant enough to start allowing my blood to boil yet. Things may not turn out to be that simple when we know more. It may even turn out the 17 year old did it on his own and then passed the buck to the other two when he was arrested - he's the oldest, he'd be the most likely to know that he who talks first, walks first.

Anyway, there has to be a cut off point for the dp somewhere, and 18 seems like the most logical age for that. Again, MOO, etc.

Its enough to make anyone angry, but bear in mind we only "know" that their motive was boredom because the media have told us a police officer told them that one of the defendants told him. I don't trust the media enough, nor the 17 year old defendant enough to start allowing my blood to boil yet. Things may not turn out to be that simple when we know more. It may even turn out the 17 year old did it on his own and then passed the buck to the other two when he was arrested - he's the oldest, he'd be the most likely to know that he who talks first, walks first.

Anyway, there has to be a cut off point for the dp somewhere, and 18 seems like the most logical age for that. Again, MOO, etc.

I deleted my post. You happen to be the voice of reason here & it's making me rethink what I said about the dp. Thanks damnit! :pillowfight2:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back