GUILTY OK - Christopher Lane, 22, Australian, slain in thrill killing, Duncan, 16 Aug 2013

I deleted my post. You happen to be the voice of reason here & it's making me rethink what I said about the dp. Thanks damnit! :pillowfight2:

Voice of reason, me? :floorlaugh: Well, thanks for the compliment anyway.:blushing:

I am so sad. This guy has his entire life ahead of him. His only fault was being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Sad thing is that the neighborhood is upscale & pretty, so it goes to show there is no wrong place per se.

Voice of reason, me? :floorlaugh: Well, thanks for the compliment anyway.:blushing:

In this case, yes. I wasn't even thinking about the 17 year old throwing the younger ones to the wolves. But keep in mind the 16 year old confessed to being the shooter. Either way I think all 3 should be held equally accountable if all 3 of them were truly involved. They should get the max allowed for doing this out of boredom. Makes me sick.

All three of them are similar in age, and sometimes younger ones are more vicious than older ones.

This is sickening!
Years ago, maybe in the early 80's, I took my son to the library and was browsing through the CHILDREN'S section and came across a book called "Killing Mr. Griffin". Curious , and hoping it was not what I thought, I checked it out, took it home and read it to see what it was all about. THEN I was appalled and angry. It was apparently a work of fiction in which some kids killed a teacher, I think it was, just in cold blood , like this story.
I sent letters to the library, the publisher and I think even the paper but it only served to allow me to let off steam and nothing else.
Several years later I was dismayed , but not surprised by then , to learn that a movie was made from that story.
We've come a long way, Baby, down the wrong roads with breaks failing; going backwards not forward! In my opinion it is NOT about the guns, it is about the hearts and souls of PEOPLE!. Wonder where these heartless "children" got their guns...and what on earth happened to their hearts??? Theirs and so many others that we read about everyday. EVERYDAY!!
Sorry, just letting off steam again.......very, very sad.....on so many levels..... and my heart goes out to that boy's family and loved ones. I think I have to cry now.

Two teenagers were charged Tuesday with first-degree murder in the shooting death of a college baseball player out for a jog in Oklahoma — a crime that one teen said they carried out simply because they were bored, according to police.
JFE Jr., 15, and CAL, 16, were charged with murder. A third teenager, 17, was charged with being an accessory to murder after the fact and with firing a weapon. The first two teens were charged as adults, the third as a juvenile.
The charges were unveiled at a hearing in Duncan, Okla. The ballplayer, Christopher Lane, was visiting the town, where his girlfriend lives, the police chief told The Associated Press. He passed a home where the teens were staying and was gunned down at random, the chief said.

From the link:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...ree-murder-in-ballplayers-killing-in-oklahoma

I'm sorry, and I apologize if this come off wrong. I happen to be getting a migraine and one symptom is crankiness... Anyway, it certainly seems random enough to me. It's horrifying. He was jogging while visiting his girlfriends hometown. WTH?..

At the link it is said they are deciding whether they will be charged as adults.

IDK... It's just horrifying. It doesnt matter where he came from, whether its across the street, next door, the next town or another country. This man isn't even a us citizen or its temporary due to college. He's from Australia here on scholarship. :banghead:

Moo and all that..

It makes no sense to me to charger a 17 year old as a juvenile. He is older than the other 2. In some states 17 year old is automatically considered an adult when it comes to criminal charges. Is it because he is cooperating?

I hate that their pictures (the suspects' pics) are everywhere now. They are getting their fame, people know their names. When they get to prison (after serving their juvenile time, before transfer to adult population I am assuming IMO), they will have a reputation and be set to live that life. And by that life, I mean time in prison. As many of us know, prison is a community and a culture with their own "governments" and heirarchies.

I am anti DP under all circumstances (IMO seems ridiculous to kill people for killing people, but I don't want to get too OT, and respect everyone's right to believe as they choose on this - and any - issue) but am keenly aware that LWOP is not a detriment. It is punitive, but does not deter others from committing the same crimes.

Sad and sorry for you, Chris Lane, and all those that know and love you.

17 year old charged as juvenile and only an accessory, yet he claimed in court he was the one who pulled a trigger. It's not making sense to me why he isn't charged like the other 2.

"Though the 17-year-old suspect was not charged with murder, he claimed in open court Monday that "he pulled the trigger." The judge ordered him to remain quiet."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/2...student-in-oklahoma-for-fun-it/#ixzz2cXYeBwxx

It makes no sense to me to charger a 17 year old as a juvenile. He is older than the other 2. In some states 17 year old is automatically considered an adult when it comes to criminal charges. Is it because he is cooperating?

I agree, if the all decided to kill somebody. They all should be charged as Adults.

Moo

17 year old charged as juvenile and only an accessory, yet he claimed in court he was the one who pulled a trigger. It's not making sense to me why he isn't charged like the other 2.

"Though the 17-year-old suspect was not charged with murder, he claimed in open court Monday that "he pulled the trigger." The judge ordered him to remain quiet."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/2...student-in-oklahoma-for-fun-it/#ixzz2cXYeBwxx

That's the part I don't get.
He was there... Charge him the same.
Moo

I am going to have to sit on my hands here due to the political (correctness) environment of these cases are almost too much to bear.

Tragic that this young man, whom was probably a benefit to his friends and community, was taken so soon.

I can't say anything else that won't get me bad looks or a time out.

That's the part I don't get.

Moo

It's ludicrous. What the **** is the prosecutor thinking here? He is older than the other 2, and he made a confession in open court. Charging him as a juvenile means he will get a slip on the wrist.
This makes no sense whatsoever.

It's ludicrous. What the **** is the prosecutor thinking here? He is older than the other 2, and he made a confession in open court. Charging him as a juvenile means he will get a slip on the wrist.

They've probably done a deal with him to give evidence against the other two.

I am going to have to sit on my hands here due to the political (correctness) environment of these cases are almost too much to bear.

Tragic that this young man, whom was probably a benefit to his friends and community, was taken so soon.

I can't say anything else that won't get me bad looks or a time out.

I totally agree with you. There is nothing I can say that won't piss someone off. jmo

They've probably done a deal with him to give evidence against the other two.

Their deal will be worth zippity zip, if he is confessing in open court to being a trigger man (as has been reported).

I agree completely

I don't understand that either. Maybe it's a typo or sloppy reporting? It doesn't make sense. Perhaps he already worked a deal and thinks he can now take the blame to get his two friends off? Hopefully the facts in this case will become clearer as more information is released.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back