Identified! OK - Hinton, Fem UP13729, 18-30, off I-40, bellybutton ring, Apr'15 Veneranda Flores

good find, luckyseven. The purple socks are pretty distinctive. But body piercing, like this naval piercing - how popular in 1990 I wonder?

and if I had the belly for it, I'd wear that naval ring, and I am 45! Yep, I'm one of those strong women who doesn't care what others think about how I look. I'd wear it, but I agree that it leans to the younger crowd.

good find, luckyseven. The purple socks are pretty distinctive. But body piercing, like this naval piercing - how popular in 1990 I wonder?

and if I had the belly for it, I'd wear that naval ring, and I am 45! Yep, I'm one of those strong women who doesn't care what others think about how I look. I'd wear it, but I agree that it leans to the younger crowd.

On that note - it is also totally possible that, if this UID was ever reported missing, whoever reported it didn't know about the navel ring. I had a few friends in college who had their belly buttons pierced and their parents had no idea.

My guess is she could have been a working girl who worked truck stops. I could see her leaving her jewelry on as not to lose it...

Wonder the likelihood of purple socks surviving from 1990 until 2015? How likely would it be for socks to have a skull & crossbones in 1990?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My husband is a tattoo artist. Age & style of belly button rings have no bearing on each other. I'm sometimes floored at the things older ladies wear (jewelry & clothes). And I have a friend who has the entire interior of her car done in Hello Kitty...and she's 40. It *seems* this should be a younger person, but you never know these days.

Very true. I can say I think that kind of jewelry would be worn by someone who would show it off. Being someone with a navel piercing, I know that dangle jewelry can be very uncomfortable with clothes, tugging and such. I've also never heard of someone piercing with dangle jewelry, as it's dangerous to the piercing, so it was probably not a new piercing.

Wonder the likelihood of purple socks surviving from 1990 until 2015? How likely would it be for socks to have a skull & crossbones in 1990?

I don't know how well socks would survive, but unless the UID was kept in a freezer for 25 years, she'd probably have been skeletal by now. I also can't imagine the jewelry surviving that well for 25 years.

Why what's your thinking? is there a specific missing person you had in mind?

Very true. I can say I think that kind of jewelry would be worn by someone who would show it off. Being someone with a navel piercing, I know that dangle jewelry can be very uncomfortable with clothes, tugging and such. I've also never heard of someone piercing with dangle jewelry, as it's dangerous to the piercing, so it was probably not a new piercing.

No, somebody had posted a possible upthread. But, they had been missing since 1990, so I was asking how possible it was that purple socks had survived for that length of time. I don't think crossbones on socks would have been a "thing" in 1990. I think it's somebody who hasn't been missing nearly as long as 1990.

No, somebody had posted a possible upthread. But, they had been missing since 1990, so I was asking how possible it was that purple socks had survived for that length of time. I don't think crossbones on socks would have been a "thing" in 1990. I think it's somebody who hasn't been missing nearly as long as 1990.

Ah, well even if she had been missing that long, I don't know why she wouldn't have possibly gotten new socks. I believe shes more recent as well.

That's all they put out about her. She isn't on Namus yet. From what I understand she was out there a while & was severely decomposed

I was just thinking if it was a younger girl, Cassie Compton who went missing in Stuttgart, AR back in September 2014, popped into my head. No one has really ever been able to give a description of what she was wearing except cowboy style boots, which would need socks. I know it's about a 6-8 hour drive, so maybe not.

Could be her though. I wouldn't rule anybody out based on socks. I would think even homeless, unless being held captive, would find socks at some point??? But, if a family knew their missing person had a pair of socks that matched that description, that would be a huge tip!

Do you have info you can post on Cassie?

I was just thinking if it was a younger girl, Cassie Compton who went missing in Stuttgart, AR back in September 2014, popped into my head. No one has really ever been able to give a description of what she was wearing except cowboy style boots, which would need socks. I know it's about a 6-8 hour drive, so maybe not.

Oh, the thought of that just made me cry:tears:

Could be her though. I wouldn't rule anybody out based on socks. I would think even homeless, unless being held captive, would find socks at some point??? But, if a family knew their missing person had a pair of socks that matched that description, that would be a huge tip!

Do you have info you can post on Cassie?

Here is the 1st thread for Cassie, currently on thread #6.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257750

The Cassie Compton case is sure one to pull at your heart strings for many reasons. It is quite possible it could be her. A clothing description has never been established for Cassie. However being the age Cassie is, and as fashionable as her mother recently described her I believe she would be a girl with a belly ring and would wear the scully socks. I do wish there was more information available for this JD. Cassie Compton has family in Oklahoma. And there has been a lot of speculation in her case since nothing is really known, one of those ideas was she was sold or given into human trafficking by the mothers live in younger boyfriend. While that is not the only scenario that has been considered or explored, other scenarios could go into play here with this JD. With Cassie having family in Oklahoma she could have hitched a ride and something sinister could have become of that situation. There are so many possibilities. Hopefully there will be more released about this JD soon. I truly believe this case is solvable in a very short time.

The Cassie Compton case is sure one to pull at your heart strings for many reasons. It is quite possible it could be her. A clothing description has never been established for Cassie. However being the age Cassie is, and as fashionable as her mother recently described her I believe she would be a girl with a belly ring and would wear the scully socks. I do wish there was more information available for this JD. Cassie Compton has family in Oklahoma. And there has been a lot of speculation in her case since nothing is really known, one of those ideas was she was sold or given into human trafficking by the mothers live in younger boyfriend. While that is not the only scenario that has been considered or explored, other scenarios could go into play here with this JD. With Cassie having family in Oklahoma she could have hitched a ride and something sinister could have become of that situation. There are so many possibilities. Hopefully there will be more released about this JD soon. I truly believe this case is solvable in a very short time.

It totally slipped my mind about the family she has in OK, thanks for the reminder.

I will try to get caught up on Cassie's thread this weekend. In the meantime, I contacted the Oklahoma case manager on Namus to see about getting this Doe added so we can learn more about her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back