OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I think Tim Miller has been called in as well but not sure what has came of that...

Not to be critical of Texas Equusearch, but I think they are tending to spread themselves a bit thin and also favor high profile cases--which is understandable as it's an expensive operation and eye-catching situations can help attract funding. This case, in an obscure area of a flyover state, has not attracted nearly the attention it should; in fact, I was surprised and delighted to find this thread so full and so active, with so many excellent posts. To compare, the Carol Daniels "crucifixtion" murder in a church in Anadarko OK, certainly a sensational, ghastly crime and with possible Satanic overtones, has had very little imput here---four pages.

Not to mope over national press coverage overmuch, but we tend to get the short end of it in Oklahoma, and, while Equusearch did, I believe, indicate it was coming, this could be a lose-lose situation for them, in terms of publicity plus the enormous amount of time it will take to cover the vast areas of ground, and during hunting season, too, when the sheriff has rightly expressed concerns about searcher safety.

Is there no way to search an abandoned mine or old rig site>? I would think that they would have cameras or somthing that can go down that far. However I would still think that it would be hard for all three to accidently fall into the hole. And not only that I would think that if they were murdered and dumped in the well why leave the wallet/ purse ect. in the truck? Or even the dog for that matter. This one truely has me stumped.

Is there no way to search an abandoned mine or old rig site>? I would think that they would have cameras or somthing that can go down that far. However I would still think that it would be hard for all three to accidently fall into the hole. And not only that I would think that if they were murdered and dumped in the well why leave the wallet/ purse ect. in the truck? Or even the dog for that matter. This one truely has me stumped.

Yes, there are ways, and they can send cameras down, as has been done around my area in NE OK several times that I can recall. But the difficulty is locating the right shaft; for that reason, all searches hereabouts have been unsuccessful. Not sure how many sites there are in Latimer County, but the hills could be pocked with possibilities and if, as I'm assuming, they were abducted from their vehicle, they could be at the bottom of any one of many of them, some of them not even mapped.

With EPA laws against oil/gas companies these days...most wells are probably "closed" in oil/gas this would mean the wells have been abandoned. I worked at an oil/gas co. in oklahoma for a while and I can't think of any reason that these wells would be where you could fall in them.

There is now a listing for Madyson on www.missingkids.com . The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children’s Web site states that “When Madyson was last seen, her front teeth were missing. She was last seen wearing blue jeans and a long sleeve pink shirt with small flowers printed on it.” This was posted in the McAlester News Capital

actually the problem is that the company that owned the mines did NOT close them up and there is now the "Oklahoma’s Abandoned Mine Land Reclamation Program" that is trying to close up all of the old mines so that they are safe. The link I provided earlier shows that the mine in Bull hill has a "vertical opening" and needs to be closed up.

actually the problem is that the company that owned the mines did NOT close them up and there is now the "Oklahoma’s Abandoned Mine Land Reclamation Program" that is trying to close up all of the old mines so that they are safe. The link I provided earlier shows that the mine in Bull hill has a "vertical opening" and needs to be closed up.

I'm not certain how mines work, I was only talking about oil/gas wells that have been abandoned. If you don't properly close a well you can be fined thousands of dollars. If you go on someones property or BLM land, whichever, you have to restore the land back to normal, or as back to normal as possible. Mines are a different story and I know nothing about them. Being that I was born and raised about 20 minutes from Tar Creek, I know mines were not closed properly but those are old, old mines.

I'm not certain how mines work, I was only talking about oil/gas wells that have been abandoned. If you don't properly close a well you can be fined thousands of dollars. If you go on someones property or BLM land, whichever, you have to restore the land back to normal, or as back to normal as possible. Mines are a different story and I know nothing about them. Being that I was born and raised about 20 minutes from Tar Creek, I know mines were not closed properly but those are old, old mines.

Not to start an argument about the mines, but I live a quarter-mile from Tar Creek, am familiar with Picher and my region, and old, old mines can make mighty good hiding places, as years and years of students here, who grew up and roamed as kids, have told me. Even with all the EPA dollars poured into Ottawa County here, I'd say some mines still haven't been found, or at least capped properly. And I'm assuming that, in Latimer County, which didn't benefit from the federal monies, this is even more-so the case.

Wow read post #18 Sounds like this guy knows more than he is saying, I looked all over last night for more information about where "Pamola Mountain" is, and I also looked up information on Robbers Cave, but could not tell if pamola was located there or not.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/red-oak-ok/TG34MQO0NEGKU8R1G

I'm betting that, yes, some people in the Red Oak region do know more than what they're saying. I'll quote myself only because I think it's important to remember when dealing with a rural Oklahoma case: "It is a state in which favors and past agreements govern an abundance of situations, no matter the seriousness of the activity involved."

My husband is an environmental driller, he runs the rig and knows about sizes of augers used to drill and how far down...things like that. He is in Florida this week though and I can't wait for him to get back so I can pick his brain about this and how he might be able to answer some of my questions about these old mines and drilling sites. I just find it hard to believe that all three family members would slip into a abandoned, unmarked mine. One sure, but all three?

I think the possibility of this family getting into another's vehicle might be an investigative angle the authorities should explore. Perfect reason for the dog to be left behind, someone might not have wanted it in their car ya know? With the weather the way it has been out there and the mud and rain I wonder if their were any visible tracks near their truck to discern. This is just a very mysterious thing going on up there in Red Oak.

My husband is an environmental driller, he runs the rig and knows about sizes of augers used to drill and how far down...things like that. He is in Florida this week though and I can't wait for him to get back so I can pick his brain about this and how he might be able to answer some of my questions about these old mines and drilling sites. I just find it hard to believe that all three family members would slip into a abandoned, unmarked mine. One sure, but all three?

I think the possibility of this family getting into another's vehicle might be an investigative angle the authorities should explore. Perfect reason for the dog to be left behind, someone might not have wanted it in their car ya know? With the weather the way it has been out there and the mud and rain I wonder if their were any visible tracks near their truck to discern. This is just a very mysterious thing going on up there in Red Oak.

If they're at the bottom of a mine, someone put them there. Good point about the dog. If they're missing involuntarily, I think it's probable that they were abducted from their vehicle---though they may not have known they were being abducted until later, when it was too late.

Do we know anything about familys criminal record? Anything that would lead us to believe that they got in deeper than they wanted? I think if they are at the bottom of a mine it was homocide. I like the idea about the family abduction, but not sure why not take the money, even if it was well hidden...they left the wallets and purses in the car. My bet is that they were never really there to begin with. I think someone took the car out there and dumped it, where they knew they were looking for land. I think the person who did this could have been close enough with the family to know where they were looking at property...and not "we are looking at 40 acres out by red oak" I mean the EXACT location. Not to mention that we really dont know when they went missing so hard to ask some one where were you on the night of October...uhhhh 7th, 8th,9th Ect. I think they need to look closer on to his father. Anyone with a PPO has to be able to prove that they are in danger to a judge.

I think a key right now is the guy who lived with the family not too long back, who the police said they're trying to locate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member