OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird topix message hints at them being found but I couldnt find anything.

Someone is posting on the Topix thread referenced above that the mystery is over and the outcome is sad, but no details. Why do people do stuff like that? Seems to me that if you aren't going to say what you're talking about, there is no point in saying that.

It's probably just someone messing with people. That happens all the time on Topix. People like attention, even when they're anonymous.

The oddest part about this case to me is the amount of money found in the truck - for the life of me I cannot even begin to imagine what they were doing with that amount of cash.

$30,000 could have been meant to buy 3 funerals, but then where the heck are these people? If that was the deranged plan of either of the adults, there would've been no necessity in going very far from the road. And besides after this much time the cadaver dogs would've turned up something, so I don't think that's it at all.

I don't think the parents were shot and their daughter abducted either. If the parents had been shot somewhere else, then that would've meant there would've had to have been two perps, one to drive the perp vehicle, and one to drive the Jamison's truck to the spot it was found.

If there was some big marijuana operation or meth lab out there, wouldn't we have heard about it by now? And what happened to the family's little dog? Even that story is news. Is he or she still recovering and progressing or did the dog die? Did a family member come to claim him or is he's being fostered?

And I agree with those here who've said it was nuts to call off the search due to hunting season. All this land belongs to someone, and signs could be posted that a search was going on.

I just want to hear something more, something about the search, the family, the FBI's involvement, Texas Equi-search or whatever group is out there or scheduled to go out there to help search.

There's more to this story than meets the eye. The Jamison family was seen out there the evening of the 7th, and then again seen the morning of the 8th? For sure they weren't camping because no camping equipment was found. So if they started off walking property on the morning of the 8th., I don't think there's anyway they would have gotten so turned around they couldn't find their way to somewhere, a farm house, a road, something before the weather turned bad and chilly. Even if they fell in a mine, I think dogs would pick up the scent in the air.

And where was the father of Bobby Jamison or the father of Sherrilynn? Only their mothers appeared on video. It has now been 8 days of silence from reporters. I don't like it.

Still no news. The Topix standoff continues, cooler heads prevailing. Heavy rains through NE OK yesterday so I doubt much searching got done. I still agree with the sheriff on the scaled back ground search during hunting season---they've already had one hunting-accident death; he can't afford to put people at risk and wind up with more dead bodies.

Found this . Wasn't sure if it had been posted. the date was October 27th.

http://www.mcalesternews.com/homepage/local_story_300110557.html?keyword=leadpicturestory

snip~“The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children is trying to help us out now,” said Latimer County Sheriff Israel Beauchamp.

Madyson Jamison, who is 6 and from the Eufaula area, has been missing since Oct. 7, along with her father, Bobby Jamison, and her mother, Sherilynn Jamison.

This morning, Madyson Jamison’s picture and information about her had been prominently listed on the center’s Web site at www.missingkids.com.

A media representative for the center, which is based near Washington D.C. in Alexandria, Va., said the photos are rotated throughout the day, but information can be pulled up by conducting a search on the Web site. ~end snip

I was hoping that with all the talk at Topix there might have been some kind of update coming, but to no avail that I can see.

Search of families home reveals nothing.

Link:http://www.4029tv.com/news/21430324/detail.html

snip~ A search of the home of a missing Eufaula, Okla., family has turned up nothing.

The Mcintosh County sheriff said deputies searched the Jamisons' home to try to figure out how they disappeared

He said deputies didn't find anything unusual, but that the department will continue to assist Latimer County in the investigation.

The family was last seen near the Panola mountains in Latimer County on Oct. 9.

Their truck was found about a week later. ~ end

Is it me or does that statement seem misleading? Nothing? Absolutely nothing?

There isn't much for publicity on this case, seems like the news has moved on to bigger and better things than 3 MISSING PEOPLE!!! Has anyone been able to find where this is on google earth? Would be interesting to see what the landscape is like. I dont see dad with a dad back, mom an the 6 year old going on a hike.

I have wondered why it hasn't gotten on more newscasts. I remember when a family went missing in Oregon, I think, and found - snow was their problem. And another time a couple got lost and were found. Absolutely nothing about this case...wonder why????

Bobby Dale Jamison had a protective order placed on Bob Dean Jamison on May 1, 2009. This was issued as "out of county". Talking with a friend today about this case, she thought it was his mother they moved here from Ok City, not her mom, as I had said earlier. If in fact is was his mother they moved to Eufaula, this protective order would possibly be from his father. They moved her there to get her away from him.

I wonder, whether it's his or her mother, why didn't she report them missing, at least after 2 or 3 days....

Here's a quick synopsis of last night's links posted above, from the two statewide Oklahoma newspapers.

The Daily Oklahoman reports the search--which has involved aircraft with heat imaging devices, horse teams, 18 search dogs, 300 volunteers, and dozens of lawmen and covered ten square miles--has been scaled back.

The Tulsa World reports the ground search, covering the "heavily wooded Sans Bois Mountain area," has been called off. Sheriff Beauchamp said that no clues had been found in the area and that LE's resources have been exhausted: "It seems like they just stepped outside of their vehicle and disappeared."

According to the World, Beauchamp "acknowledged it is unlikely the family could have survived this long in the rugged terrain" though the case is still being actively worked by his, and other, agencies.

The sheriff said that each of the Jamisons is disabled, and that neither of them works. As well: "The family often traveled to time-share units around the country, he said. They were originally from the Oklahoma City area but had recently moved to Eufaula."

Of the lawsuit filed by Mr. Jamison against his father, the sheriff reiterated that "nothing is leading us in that direction, but at this time we're leaving everything open."

What a mystery and how sad. No coverage whatsoever. I am wondering if the vehicle was moved there and left there. And what's the status of the danged dog???? I too wonder why no one reported them missing until when they did.

Well looking at this article here it looks like the Lawsuit Bobby filed against his dad is still pending, and that Bobby mentioned to the court that his father had threatened his family. Now to put it in your filing with the court tells me that more then likley it is true.
We also have Bobby trying to take out a restraining order on his father in May 2009 but it was declined.
We also know that Bobby moved his Mother from OK city to Eufaula to live.
Do we know if a divorce had been filed between his mom and dad ? I'll see if I can find something ,I will also try to see if I can find when this lawsuit was filed and any court proceedings on the matter.

With Bobby disappearing along with the entire family I would think that the Lawsuit will be dismissed in it's entirety in just a matter of time..(hink :cool:)

I wonder how much this gas station is worth ? I'll see if I can find some comps on it for OK city and maybe be able to come up with a general price.

Something surley stinks here a family does not just disappear of the face of the earth leaving behind all the stuff left in the truck especially the dog.

I would be of the opinion that if this family was in this area being searched that LE's dogs would have picked up some sort of scent on their searches if the family had died due to any reason.

I think this truck was moved here by someone, surley LE checked for different prints in the truck ?

I also wonder if LE looked into this cash as far as where it was drawn from if it was the family's account and if not they should check Bobby's father's account. The money could have came from Bobby's dad as a start of some sort of peace offering, trying to pay them off to drop the suit .
Someone could have been paid off to take care of this family, as it would not be the first time this has happened over bad blood and money issues between families.

In my honest opinion I feel his father needs to be looked into more. Phone records, bank transactions etc...
LE should have some ground to pull these records given the history of this Lawsuit and comments made from Bobby that his dad had threatened his family.
I have a few errands to run this morning but when I get back I will start researching divorce records and lawsuit filings as well as property values for the area of OK city commercial property.
I wish I knew what the name of the gas station was....any how any thoughts ?

Ground search called off for missing Eufaula family

Bobby Dale Jamison filed a civil lawsuit in Oklahoma County against his father, Bobby Dean Jamison, earlier this year in a dispute over ownership of a gas station in Oklahoma City. In the lawsuit, which is still pending, Bobby Dale Jamison alleges his father threatened his family

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=12&articleid=20091030_12_0_REDOAK446335

What a mystery and how sad. No coverage whatsoever. I am wondering if the vehicle was moved there and left there. And what's the status of the danged dog???? I too wonder why no one reported them missing until when they did.

Too lazy to find the post for you, but somewhere back in the thread someone posted a news source that mentioned that he had been given medical care and adopted out to a home.

Too lazy to find the post for you, but somewhere back in the thread someone posted a news source that mentioned that he had been given medical care and adopted out to a home.
============================

The info on the dog was in the early news articles.
He is okay.

Here is the link to do your property search by taxes, just enter Lastname with % sign in search by name and you will see two properties owned by Bobby Dean J. (dad). One being commercial and another being industrial.
Once you find them and open them up you can see a button for subdivision sales, click that and you can see all the sales of properties within the vicinity of owned land by dad, wich will give you an idea of what the asking price could be for the properties.

The commercial property seems to be the one with the service station and show as a business name of Allstate.
I can't paste them so you need to do it yourself to look at the actual page.

http://www.oklahomacounty.org/assessor/Searches/DefaultSearch.asp

This case appears headed for that well-known region, to we who live here, known as The Oklahoma Triangle, where cases involving baffling murders and mysterious disappearances go to die.

Or at least not to be solved. Hope I'm wrong.

But this one can't be blamed on LE. No matter what has happened, the vehicle sat there unreported for many days; no matter what has happened, family didn't contact authorities about this family vanishing.

This is the downside of "live and let live."

It appears to me that Sheriff Beauchamp and Latimer County has done everything it can do, ground-search-wise.

What do you think happened, based on what we know, and what has been released to this press? A little girl and her mom and her dad are missing. Do we just give this up?

IMO:
I think the family got out to take a look around.
They did not plan to go hiking into the property yet.
They did not take the dog with them, did not want him
taking off.

Then they decided they would just walk a little ways in and
check things out.
They did and were injured.
Perhaps they fell into one of those sinkholes or caverns people have discussed.
They could not get out.

And as we know, no one really came close enough to check out the parked truck for a week.

Saying this, to me, means they are near where the truck was parked.

Do we give up?
I don't think we ever give up.
Is there a way for the sheriff to keep searching?
I doubt it. It seems as if they have had many types of
searches.
They are restricted searching by the mud, the weather,
the terrain.
I commend the sheriff doing what he has done with
the resources he has and the tough landscape he has to search.

Do I think they will be found?
Eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members