OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh that is a new article .....thank you mary!

http://newsok.com/authorities-seek-clues-in-search-for-eufaula-family/article/3410976

snip from article~The three members of the Jamison family — Bobby Dale, 44, Sherrilynn, 40, and Madyson, 6, — were last seen Oct. 8, Latimer County Undersheriff Matt Bohn said Wednesday.

The family’s pickup was found Saturday in a rural area near an oil property about 30 miles from their home, and the amount of money inside the vehicle was "substantial,” Bohn said.

A starving small black-and-white dog was found inside the vehicle when sheriff’s deputies went to investigate.

"It appeared it had been in the truck for a long time,” Bohn said.

Read more: http://newsok.com/authorities-seek-clues-in-search-for-eufaula-family/article/3410976#ixzz0UfzHqkWk
~end snip

also this~Bobby Jamison took out a protective order against his father, Bobby Dean Jamison, in May, but Bohn said it has been dismissed and appears unrelated to the disappearance of the younger Jamison and his family. ~

their ID's were in the truck. What in the world? Who takes their ID's off their person before they get out of their truck?

I've looked through all the articles and can't find his middle name. Does anyone know his middle name? I've found a few recent court documents but I don't want to post them unless I can verify his middle name.

perhaps you came across a protective order? An article posted above states that the son had a protective order out on his father Bobby Dean Jamison. The article goes on to say the order was taken out in May but since dismissed and not thought to be related. I find that a little strange.

their ID's were in the truck. What in the world? Who takes their ID's off their person before they get out of their truck?

Especially the father...I can understand leaving a purse in the car if you are planning to walk around an area or if husband is taking care of transaction for example. However, most men keep their wallets in their back pockets/on them. Even if dad had taken wallet out of back pocket out while driving (more comfortable seating), I feel like most men would put wallet back in pocket immediately upon exiting car, out of habit....and especially if the family was carrying a large amount of money with them. Whether it was in the purse or man's wallet, it seems odd that neither had ID/ID carrier on them (ie: purse or wallet)

Here's my 2 cents for what it is worth..
The dog being left in the truck along with their other belongings indicates to me that they got out of the car to meet up w/ someone and where only planning on being there a short while, probally to do the transaction to purchase this land.

Now it is possible that they had previously met with whomever claimed to have the land for sale and had looked at it before and on this trip decided they where prob going to buy it and got the cash for the purchase.

Because the money was left in the vehicle tells me that whomever they met up with was not aware of them having the cash. I would think that whoever listed this property for sale would have spoke up by now if they were in fact the owners of the property and these people had not shown up or they had found the truck abandoned.
One of the article stated that a land owner had reported the truck abandoned after a second trip up and the truck was still there.

It is possible someone put an add in the paper or Craigslist saying it was for sale when in actuality did not own the property and had planned this.
They could have easily gotten in a vehicle with someone else thinking they were getting a tour of the land with this person another reason not to take the dog along and that all three of them are missing.

I have not looked at the lay of the land there but the other possibility is they got out to walk around the property one last time before deciding to buy it and got lost walking around. Leaving the dog in the truck would not be odd to me because perhaps he was hard to keep track of and liked to run off, one of my dogs does that.
They could have very well just gotten lost and the more you try to get unlost the worse predicament you get yourself in.

I would find it hard to believe that they came across someone or something they shouldn't have seen. If that was the case I would believe the person's responsible for that would have gotten rid of the truck and yada yada yada, because they would have to know that LE would be every where upon finding the truck.

I don't know I just hope that they are able to find some indication of this family it is truly heartbreaking.

If nothing in the truck was disturbed & it looked like they were just getting out for a little bit to look over the land - maybe that's just what happened - maybe they wandered to close to an old well/hole of some kind or something like that (obviously they weren't very familiar w/ the land) & fell in? Or little girl falls in - mom & dad try to get her out & end up falling in as well?

If nothing in the truck was disturbed & it looked like they were just getting out for a little bit to look over the land - maybe that's just what happened - maybe they wandered to close to an old well/hole of some kind or something like that (obviously they weren't very familiar w/ the land) & fell in? Or little girl falls in - mom & dad try to get her out & end up falling in as well?

That is quite fesabile...Here in Colorado there are alot of old mine shafts up in the mountains and many of them are overgrown with brush. you would not even know they were their until you were right on top of them if you were lucky, and they drop 100 to 300 feet down.

Welcome to WS WalkTheLine....

I would think that if LE was to bring in cadaver dogs they should be able to pick up a scent by now if the family is in fact anywhere near the area and has succumbed to the elements or an accident.

I've lurked long enough - Time to start posting!

Yes, I would think they could bring dogs in - does scent last that long that they'd be able to pick up a trail?

Wow, this is weird...I hope this family resurfaces safe and sound, but I have to say, the fact their dog was left behind makes me feel they have met with foul play.

A couple of things come to mind-- I wonder if this rural area had no cell phone service, and that's why the phones were left in the truck. Also, this vague amount of "substantial" cash-- wth does that mean? A thousand dollars, ten, twenty thousand...a few hundred? I think that this may be the part that's staged. Perhaps the perp left that "substantial" cash, and took even more, making it appear as though no one encountered them.

I hate to say it, but a drug deal is always a possibility. Hope this guy wasn't trying the "Breaking Bad" method of recouping after a financial loss.

Wow, this is weird...I hope this family resurfaces safe and sound, but I have to say, the fact their dog was left behind makes me feel they have met with foul play.

A couple of things come to mind-- I wonder if this rural area had no cell phone service, and that's why the phones were left in the truck. Also, this vague amount of "substantial" cash-- wth does that mean? A thousand dollars, ten, twenty thousand...a few hundred? I think that this may be the part that's staged. Perhaps the perp left that "substantial" cash, and took even more, making it appear as though no one encountered them.

I hate to say it, but a drug deal is always a possibility. Hope this guy wasn't trying the "Breaking Bad" method of recouping after a financial loss.

Now I do not really have a link for this as I only read it on topix, a comment left that the amount of cash was like $41,000. I would say that is a substantial amount of cash...enough to by some property as stated that is what they were doing, looking to buy 40 acres...

Alien abduction? :waitasec: But seriously, this is just so weird. I hope they are found safe.

I've lurked long enough - Time to start posting!

Yes, I would think they could bring dogs in - does scent last that long that they'd be able to pick up a trail?

I would think that cadaver dogs would be able to still pick up a scent at this time. Just my opinion though

Now I do not really have a link for this as I only read it on topix, a comment left that the amount of cash was like $41,000. I would say that is a substantial amount of cash...enough to by some property as stated that is what they were doing, looking to buy 40 acres...

I found a real estate ad while looking for Jody Rilee-Wilson for 60 acres at the top of Poteau Mountain, same type of terrain, $24,000 for 60 acres. Per google maps, they are about 2 hours apart, 59.2 miles.

Yep, that's substantial all right. If this is accurate, I don't think it would be left behind by a nefarious human being...that's too much.

But who, really, in their right mind, would conduct a cash transaction for that amount out in the middle of nowhere? And how common is it to buy land in this fashion?

Since they had tracking dogs out there, and nothing was found, I suspect they must have left in another vehicle...wouldn't there be tire tracks or something? What a horrible mystery!

Especially the father...I can understand leaving a purse in the car if you are planning to walk around an area or if husband is taking care of transaction for example. However, most men keep their wallets in their back pockets/on them. Even if dad had taken wallet out of back pocket out while driving (more comfortable seating), I feel like most men would put wallet back in pocket immediately upon exiting car, out of habit....and especially if the family was carrying a large amount of money with them. Whether it was in the purse or man's wallet, it seems odd that neither had ID/ID carrier on them (ie: purse or wallet)

nope, sure doesn't make a whole lot of sense taking ID's out and leaving them in the truck. I mean, everyone in my family(the six of us) have a cell phone and we don't go anywhere without it. I just think something is off with this.

The truck was happened upon by hunters, so I am wondering if the property that the vehicle was found on is even where the family got out of the truck? Maybe the family is somewhere else and the truck was left where it was found? I don't know but someone must have been wondering where they were. Especially if the child wasn't going to school.:waitasec:

Yep, that's substantial all right. If this is accurate, I don't think it would be left behind by a nefarious human being...that's too much.

But who, really, in their right mind, would conduct a cash transaction for that amount out in the middle of nowhere? And how common is it to buy land in this fashion?

Since they had tracking dogs out there, and nothing was found, I suspect they must have left in another vehicle...wouldn't there be tire tracks or something? What a horrible mystery!

While the procedure for land purchases COULD be different in OK, here just a hundred miles or so away, NO transaction is done by cash that I have ever heard of, and I have been involved in a lot of real estate deals. The transaction would not even be legal at all until it had been processed by a title company or attorney, and all the deeds, titles, and tax information transferred, etc. Real estate closings require a ton of paperwork, even for rural land, and anything that had an oil lease involved would only increase the amount of paperwork required. Handing cash to a random person who claimed ownership or even had some sort of paperwork with them would be beyond naive and close to downright crazy!

jmoo

http://www.bartlesvillelive.com/con...or-missing-family/KRTvqSbLJUCKV0vp3WIbSw.cspx

from above link:A deputy found the Jamison family's pickup Saturday in a heavily forested rural area about 30 miles away from their home, officials said.

The sheriff's office said there were no signs of foul play in the truck.

http://www.mcalesternews.com/homepage/local_story_295111743.html?keyword=leadpicturestory

from above article: “It was reported to us on Saturday, Oct. 17,” Wells said. “Some people called and said a vehicle had been sitting by the side of the road for some time with an animal in it.

“They didn’t give any indication it had been there for more than a few hours,” Wells said.

However, the caller later phoned back and said the pickup had been there for a number of days, according to Wells.

Latimer County Sheriff Israel Beachum, Undersheriff Matt Bohn and other officers headed toward the scene when they learned how long the pick-up had been at the site, according to Wells.

“We found the truck,” Wells said. “By the time we got mobilized, it was full dark.”

Investigators later learned the pick-up had been seen at the site as early as Oct. 7, according to Wells.

and this: “Their white pickup was found on Panola Mountain, near Red Oak,” said Latimer County Sheriff’s Sgt. Chuck Wells. Law enforcement officers found the pickup Saturday parked on a dirt road in an isolated area near a well-site where a natural gas drilling rig had once been, according to Wells.

from same article: “We don’t want a search party for three missing people to turn into a search for others,” Wells said.

Meanwhile, McIntosh County Sheriff Joe Hogan said his deputies had checked the family’s home near Eufaula. They found nothing amiss, he said.

The Jameson home had a home security system with some video on it, Hogan said.

Law enforcement officers have also looked at the security video, but found nothing to help them solve the mystery of where the family is, according to Hogan.

Contact James Beaty at jbeaty@mcalesternews.com.

What a bizarre case.

I really do care about what happened to this family but OMG my heart just broke reading about the poor dog being stuck in the car for 12 days. I hope someone cared enough to get him to a vet and he is being well cared for. Poor baby.

What a bizarre case.

I really do care about what happened to this family but OMG my heart just broke reading about the poor dog being stuck in the car for 12 days. I hope someone cared enough to get him to a vet and he is being well cared for. Poor baby.

In an earlier article I read can't remember which one it was though, I have read so many, the dog is reported to be recovered and okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike