OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It not only looks fake, it looks scary-fake. While it's impossible to tell, really - could be just a very poorly lit picture - the possible bruises on the last two fingers also rather resemble cigarette burns. And her face - that's much more a grimace than a smile.

And, while I'm no big believer in "body language," the crossed arms do suggest a protective shield - this is from a page on the positioning of arms in re: reading body language, link below: "When they are crossed, they form a closed defensive shield, blocking out the outside world. Shields act in two ways: one is to block incoming attacks and the other is a place behind which the person can hide and perhaps not be noticed."

You're right, the background appears to be an Olan Mills-like photographic backdrop. Good call on this pic, little726! Madyson looks terrified and possibly brutalized.

http://changingminds.org/techniques/body/parts_body_language/arm_body_language.htm

Many moons ago, I was into all the "body language" and ways people communicate without speaking. That is why I find it strange Madyson has her arms crossed.

I have to agree with you, wfg. She dosen't seem very happy about having her picture taken.

Many moons ago, I was into all the "body language" and ways people communicate without speaking. That is why I find it strange Madyson has her arms crossed.

I have to agree with you, wfg. She dosen't seem very happy about having her picture taken.

If it does turn out to be a cell phone pic, one can understand her pose - tired little girl after long day perhaps, perhaps grumpy and wanting to be back in familiar territory, back home. Just, basically, a spontaneous photo capturing one of a million little-girl reactions in the course of a long day. I'll feel a lot better about things if it's a cell pic. Although maybe the positioning of the arms indicates that a stranger was there with the family when the picture was taken.

Thanks for the links, mtrooper.

The rain amount for Red Oak, on Oct. 8&9, was 0.01 inches. But on the 10th, it was 3.47 inches.

There must have been a timestamp on Madyson's picture. Right?

Can anyone venture a guess on the types of foilage in that picture? I can't tell based on the leaves as they're a little too out of focus when enlarged for a better look-see. The leaves and ground cover, though, do look about right for early October in OK.

Blackjack oak behind her head I'd say, and obviously pine on the right.

I do believe that is a real background; a photographer's background would not have that distracting curving pine branch coming in just to the right of Madyson.

So I was thinking about her stance (I will try to find out about the time stamp) and 2 things came to mind....Maybe she was cold, they had lefy thier coats in the truck, and her little belly is even showing. And second...BUGS. I HATE bugs and I tend to have a similiar arms crossed pose when playing defense with mosquitos. And as I was tryping that last thought out, makes me think maybe she was in "time out", like she had been goofing off and they told her to go stand by thoes rocks. Hence the pouty face, and the arms crossed. Just a thought.

So I was thinking about her stance (I will try to find out about the time stamp) and 2 things came to mind....Maybe she was cold, they had lefy thier coats in the truck, and her little belly is even showing. And second...BUGS. I HATE bugs and I tend to have a similiar arms crossed pose when playing defense with mosquitos. And as I was tryping that last thought out, makes me think maybe she was in "time out", like she had been goofing off and they told her to go stand by thoes rocks. Hence the pouty face, and the arms crossed. Just a thought.

All great thoughts, mtrooper!

Maybe it's just me, but the background behind Madyson's picture looks fake to me. Like the ones when you get your picture taken at Kmart.

I also find it strange, Madyson has her arms crossed. Look at her knuckles. They are scratched or brusied.

You all can smack me for saying this but, the picture looks fake!

It looks real to me! I have shoeboxes full of photos of my kids looking very similar to this child. If they don't want their picture taken, they don't cooperate!

Then, the picture is proof that one of them had a cell phone with them on the mountain.

Why or how did the phone get back in the truck?

makes me think they stopped the truck and were waiting for someone. they snapped a picture or so to pass the time.

I was virtually positive that it has been stated repeatedly that they did NOT have their cell phones.....

Good catch, Little.

What do youse guyse think?

I was virtually positive that it has been stated repeatedly that they did NOT have their cell phones.....

Good catch, Little.

What do youse guyse think?

My mind has gone in every direction thinkable!

They (Jamison's) were either lured there or someone overtook them.

makes me think they stopped the truck and were waiting for someone. they snapped a picture or so to pass the time.

I wonder if the rock Madyson is sitting on is close by or farther up the mountain?

Maybe mtrooper can find out for us.

It was my belief that whoever did them in knew them. If in fact the picture was taken the day they disappeared, LE should be able to get a time on when the pic(s) were taken. That should provide some additional information.

It was my belief that whoever did them in knew them. If in fact the picture was taken the day they disappeared, LE should be able to get a time on when the pic(s) were taken. That should provide some additional information.

I agree, webrocket. Lets hope LE is still on this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin