OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was curious if they searched both sides of the road going down the mountain. If they did, I wonder how far out they went.

If someone did take the Jamisons from on top of the mountain, I don't think they would drive very far to dump them.

I was curious if they searched both sides of the road going down the mountain. If they did, I wonder how far out they went.

Good question, as my second choice regarding the What Happened to the Jamisons question is, "They are still up on that mountain and just haven't been found yet." And not necessarily hidden in shallow graves but hidden in plain sight, as they say.

First choice, yes, still alive. Went out to WalMart awhile ago and was struck by the notion, as I set foot in the door, that if I saw them walking down an aisle, I wouldn't be a bit surprised. I'd just notify somebody immediately, and then post it to you guys as soon as I got home.

YODEL...YODEL!!!!

Mtrooper, do you know what type of shoes were left in the truck?

yodel-A-hoo, yodel-A-hee!

I do want to thank mtrooper out loud and in the public arena for the great help on the several questions posed the other day, and for all the dedicated effort along the way.

yodel-A Heee Hooo back at ya.

Thanks for the spirit boost.

So, I am guessing that anything that was in the truck is now in the trash. I know that Sherilyns son threw most everything away. I do recall there being a milk crate that had some of the stuff from the truck in it (which included the magazine), but it was sitting in the back of the truck soaked from rain. So I am guessing it is still in the crate in the back of the truck, but who knows. As far as searching the roads, no it was not done. I asked the Sheriff about that last week. They did a 2 mile radius search from the vehicle, I would assume that included the roads within 2 miles of the truck? But the area I am interested in is more than 2 miles away, more like 4 miles away.

As far as stuff in the truck (shoes etc.) I know there was a green carhart looking jacket, a plaid blanket, what looks like a dirty pair of jeans (I am guessing Bobby's), a freakishly large Madyson size Barbie doll, a brown and purpleish color pair of mary jane style Sherilyns shoes (am going to guess a sketchers brand, I have a similar pair), and a pair of Madysons boots in the back of the truck (Blue quilted material on top and black rubber soles).

I feel I should also mention that there was lots of crap in the cab of the truck as well as the bed of the truck. In the bed there was about 8 or 10 large rocks (like ones they found on the mountain and were taking home for garden? I would say they were 12-15 inches wide by about a foot tall (guessing). There was also an empty 12 pack of coke box, a half empty case of walmart brand bottled water, some empty water bottles, empty coke cans, and last but not least spray paint canisters. In the cab of the truck there was LOTS of crap. Carton of cigarettes (not sure if full) lots of PPWk, looks like a chocolate valentines heart container that Madyson used to make some sort of art project, empty ho ho's wrapper, a couple of sonic cups, video camera bag containing video container (before you ask I will just say that I tried to see if they recorded anything on it recently but the battery was dead and Star couldn't find the charger. She was going to work on that after I left.) I also wanted to mention that Bobbys cell phone was plugged into the car charger.

I am sure there is lots of other crap in there to that I cant see.

So, I am guessing that anything that was in the truck is now in the trash. I know that Sherilyns son threw most everything away. I do recall there being a milk crate that had some of the stuff from the truck in it (which included the magazine), but it was sitting in the back of the truck soaked from rain. So I am guessing it is still in the crate in the back of the truck, but who knows. As far as searching the roads, no it was not done. I asked the Sheriff about that last week. They did a 2 mile radius search from the vehicle, I would assume that included the roads within 2 miles of the truck? But the area I am interested in is more than 2 miles away, more like 4 miles away.

As far as stuff in the truck (shoes etc.) I know there was a green carhart looking jacket, a plaid blanket, what looks like a dirty pair of jeans (I am guessing Bobby's), a freakishly large Madyson size Barbie doll, a brown and purpleish color pair of mary jane style Sherilyns shoes (am going to guess a sketchers brand, I have a similar pair), and a pair of Madysons boots in the back of the truck (Blue quilted material on top and black rubber soles).

I feel I should also mention that there was lots of crap in the cab of the truck as well as the bed of the truck. In the bed there was about 8 or 10 large rocks (like ones they found on the mountain and were taking home for garden? I would say they were 12-15 inches wide by about a foot tall (guessing). There was also an empty 12 pack of coke box, a half empty case of walmart brand bottled water, some empty water bottles, empty coke cans, and last but not least spray paint canisters. In the cab of the truck there was LOTS of crap. Carton of cigarettes (not sure if full) lots of PPWk, looks like a chocolate valentines heart container that Madyson used to make some sort of art project, empty ho ho's wrapper, a couple of sonic cups, video camera bag containing video container (before you ask I will just say that I tried to see if they recorded anything on it recently but the battery was dead and Star couldn't find the charger. She was going to work on that after I left.) I also wanted to mention that Bobbys cell phone was plugged into the car charger.

Thank you, again, mtrooper, for filling us in. I asked about the shoes because I remember Sherilyn's friend telling us, she ALWAYS wore "flip-flops."

The other thought I had today was, "thrift stores." Sherilyn liked to shop in them. I found a Salvation Army in Porum. And a used clothing store called, Wearhouse, in Stigler. I think it's very possible the Jamisons stopped at one or both of these store. That could account for the shoes,coat, and Madyson's big doll. The brown briefcase could have had "collectibles" in it. They may have sold, briefcase and all, to one of these stores.

Could the briefcase have held the missing, Blue Ribbon Downs, belt buckles???

The other thought I had today was, "thrift stores." Sherilyn liked to shop in them. I found a Salvation Army in Porum. And a used clothing store called, Wearhouse, in Stigler. I think it's very possible the Jamisons stopped at one or both of these store. That could account for the shoes,coat, and Madyson's big doll. The brown briefcase could have had "collectibles" in it. They may have sold, briefcase and all, to one of these stores.

This is a great avenue for exploration, little726, one I hadn't thought of in spite of being a thrift store explorer of note. I don't think Porum's big enough to have a S.A. - Muskogee, Poteau, and McAlester in that area do each have a store - but I found something called Porum Mercantile, which would fit the thrift store/flea market bill, it looks like.

Not sure about Stigler's Wearhouse, but charity thrifts wouldn't pay for merchandise, relying on donations. But flea markets certainly do a brisk trade in all sorts of things. If Sherilyn and Bobby were on the thrift store/flea market circuit, it does open up a realm of possiblities and possible acquaintences. Shady places, flea markets. One can meet all sorts there.

This is a great avenue for exploration, little726, one I hadn't thought of in spite of being a thrift store explorer of note. I don't think Porum's big enough to have a S.A. - Muskogee, Poteau, and McAlester in that area do each have a store - but I found something called Porum Mercantile, which would fit the thrift store/flea market bill, it looks like.

Not sure about Stigler's Wearhouse, but charity thrifts wouldn't pay for merchandise, relying on donations. But flea markets certainly do a brisk trade in all sorts of things. If Sherilyn and Bobby were on the thrift store/flea market circuit, it does open up a realm of possiblities and possible acquaintences. Shady places, flea markets. One can meet all sorts there.

Not to mention pawn shops. Already on that one, because the conspiracy theorist in me thinks ATF pawns .22's. :) Maybe the DEA pawns their stuff, too?

Don't forget the opened, half eaten, yet neatly rolled up bag of cheddar flavored popcorn on the dash that Maizy didn't eat. Or whatever that is. ;)

Oh and just for yet another avenue to go down, ya'll can check here:
http://www.interpol.int/Public/Drugs/Default.asp

It's useful.

Not to mention pawn shops. Already on that one, because the conspiracy theorist in me thinks ATF pawns .22's. :) Maybe the DEA pawns their stuff, too?

Yup, pawn shops too, but flea markets are, in essence, open-air, completely unregulated, pawn shops. I bought Bobbles's immediate predecessor, Petey, at a flea market, where the Boston pup was tucked in between booths of bootleg Mexican films and jaw-droppingly discounted, vintage rock albums. Flea markets are rolling crime scenes, basically, with easy access to paved paths of egress - where one might go to arrange a crime while sitting on a lawn chair instead of a bar stool.

Yup, pawn shops too, but flea markets are, in essence, open-air, completely unregulated, pawn shops. I bought Bobbles's immediate predecessor, Petey, at a flea market, where the Boston pup was tucked in between booths of bootleg Mexican films and jaw-droppingly discounted, vintage rock albums. Flea markets are rolling crime scenes, basically, with easy access to paved paths of egress - where one might go to arrange a crime while sitting on a lawn chair instead of a bar stool.

Yes, I agree. However, I am sad for Petey because he was probably both high and hungry when you bought him. If you KWIM.

Pawn shops at least have to keep a record of firearms. ;)

(Oh, and I sure hope you bought up some of those vintage albums.)

Thinking about all those empty water bottles and cans, I wonder if they were tested for DNA.

If they had been gathering rocks, it doesn't seem like they were planning on skipping out any time soon.

Thinking about all those empty water bottles and cans, I wonder if they were tested for DNA.

If they had been gathering rocks, it doesn't seem like they were planning on skipping out any time soon.

I'm gonna make a wild guess here on the DNA testing and say.....no. Or, ya know. They did, and lost the results.

But that sure would've been nice, wouldn't it?

Watcher, I don't think anything was tested. I feel LE treated the case as, someone being lost on the mountain. That's probably why there is no evidence left. (MOO)

Just sayin', but if we did have a psychics, dreams & visions thread (Kyron's is booming, on to thread #4 now, cough-cough), this morning I'd be all (goes into a trance) "the-Jamisons-met-some-people-at-a-flea-market-in-Muskogee-and-told-them-about-their-mountain-trip-and-that's-what-happened-to-'em, these-people-did-them-in" right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member