OK OK - Rev. Carol Daniels, 61, Anadarko, 23 Aug 2009

Has there been anymore info on this killing? Anadarko is such a small town, someone has got to know something, you would think.

I'm surprised that the murder of the nun on the Navajo reservation in New Mexico has not at least drawn some comment in re: this thread. Sister Marguerite Bartz was about the same age as Pastor Daniels (64 and 61, respectively); both murders involved women of the same religious faith---Christians; while the NM murder appears to be a case of robbery and no information has been released about the state of the crime scene, both women were alone at the time and, each in her own way, isolated from the community---Pastor Daniels was not an Anadarko resident, and Sister Marguerite was a white woman in a Native American area; and both locations having significant populations of Navajos---Anadarko OK is a listed as a community in Navajo Nation.

Now, as I'm part Native American, I'm certainly not saying that tribal affiliation is in any way a factor here, because too many things have been scapegoated on Natives. But I am saying that all of the factors above are interesting.

Info on the Bartz case and arrest of suspect:
http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2009/11/6/543647.html
Info on Navajo Nation:
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navajo_nation[/ame]

Bumping this one because....
1. It deserves much attention from WSers
2. It's another unsolved Oklahoma case, in a state with a glut of them
and, most importantly,
3. The family of Pastor Carol Daniels needs this case solved

Incredibly, it's now been three weeks since an article has appeared about this crime:

Toxicology Tests Clean For Slain Pastor

http://www.fox23.com/mostpopular/st...-For-Slain-Pastor/iggOrgE9mEKwHxtQjL1maQ.cspx

And it's almost insulting---yes, this is news and should have been published, but to think that all the media has reported in three weeks is the fact that Pastor Daniels had no alcohol or drugs in her system....well, good God, what did they expect of a dedicated woman who drove many miles to and from her church every Sunday to pastor to those who needed her?

The Daily Oklahoman breaks a month-long media silence about the murder:
ANADARKO STILL DAZED BY PASTOR'S BRUTAL SLAYING

"The silence grows louder in Anadarko.

"Three months have passed since the Rev. Carol Daniels, 61, was found dead, nude and mutilated behind the altar of her tiny Christ Holy Sanctified Church, yet state investigators have made no arrests."
-------
"There is still a climate of fear, but not as much as it was in the beginning,” Robertson said. "I’d say life has gotten back to normal, but it’s still in the background — people are still concerned. Nobody knows anything. I just refuse to live in a climate of fear.”

and more at
http://newsok.com/anadarko-still-da...ng/article/3421213?custom_click=pod_lead_news

Thanks for posting that vid Ruflossn.

It's been a busy day and I finally got a chance to catch up the latest news.

I don't know if it was a misquote earlier, but I thought Mr Richardson originally said the suspect he saw was bald headed. Now in this interview he says he was wearing a ski mask. I know the media does misquote people so Im wondering if this is the case or if he changed his story. Or if the guy removed his ski mask and was bald headed.

If he did see the suspect leaving out the front, I'm wondering which way he walked and for how far. If the suspect went north for a block, he would have walked into a very busy convenient store parking lot. If he went south past the store, the suspect would have been visible from the police station.

Of course, the suspect could have cut between the houses to the north and walked back into the residential area, if he did in fact come out the front door.

I just came across this. (also just saw your reply Colette)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88118&page=3
KOCO Crew Finds Knife Near Anadarko Site
Robert Robinson Says He Saw Carol Daniels' Killer Leave Church

I find it hard to believe that no one else saw anything at all. You would think that someone in the gas station parking lot, the convenience store lot, or a neighbor would have seen something, anything!

It says somewhere that he didn't go talk to LE about what he saw right then because he wanted to sober up,was afraid that LE wouldn't believe him.
Was this before the body was found?(him going to talk to LE)TIA
Cause if he went to LE after the body was found it could be that he just wanted some attention.

And :

"This guy was coming out. He was covered in blood and he had a ski mask on. He had a knife in his hand and he was dripping blood," Richardson said.

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=11044547

IMO sounds a bit exaggerated.

Would you sit there and finish your beer if you saw something like that??

I think I would have run like he77!!! If I saw someone like that, coming out of a building I would have been terrified for several reasons.

What did he do that he is covered with blood?

Was this act random, which could mean he is looking for any victim. Am I in danger?

I have a general description of this person, will he make sure I can't tell anyone anything?

I highly doubt I would sit around finishing a beer!:waitasec:

God bless the family and the town. I hope the killer will be brought to justice soon!

DA CRITICIZES OSBI OVER CAROL DANIELS INQUIRY
Anadarko pastor was killed, mutilated in August

Must-read article for understanding the massive ineffectiveness of OSBI in cases like Pastor Daniels's, and the bureau's attitude toward keeping families of victims, and the news media---and thus citizens statewide---informed about progress in the case (or, in this case, total lack of progress).

"The Oklahoman’s request to interview OSBI Director A. DeWade Langley was denied by [OSBI spokesperson Jessica] Brown, who said it is her job to speak to the media. She defended her agency’s handling of the case."

In Oklahoma, we're well-used to OSBI's issuing similar unproductive statements, all handled by Jessica Brown and none informing the victims's families, the community, or the citizenry at large about why a total lack of progress is being made in this case and in many others statewide.

Brown, unbelievably, goes on to blame THE MEDIA for the lack of progress: "'The media has stymied the investigation by releasing all the information it has,' Brown said. 'It’s hard for us to bring someone in for questioning. The answers to the questions are all out there.'"

And much more at
http://newsok.com/da-criticizes-osb...article/3422863?custom_click=lead_story_title

One last grab from the Oklahoman article above---Charles Etta Dunlap is Pastor Daniels's mother. Here's OSBI's spokesperson Brown's attitude toward the bereaved Mrs. Dunlap:

"As for updates for Dunlap from OSBI, Brown said, "We don’t have anything to tell her. If she wants to call us, she has our number, and she’s welcome to call. We just don’t have anything to tell the family, certainly nothing that will bring them peace. ... I wish that weren’t the case.”

The statement to Pastor Daniels' mother is cruel and shameful. I hope Oklahomans speak up loud and clear that this is unacceptable and inexcusable. I can't even wrap my mind around the pain that woman has endured and to be treated so callously by the OSBI is unbelievable. The mother deserves an apology from the Governor!!

MissIzzy - ITA the OSBI's spokesperson comes across very cold & callous in that statement.

Here's another article from today, w/o any new details (IMO)

DA, slain pastor's mother want Anadarko answers

Associated Press - December 6, 2009 4:45 PM ET

Corrected Version

ANADARKO, Okla. (AP) - Law officers investigating the slaying of pastor Carol Daniels inside her rural Oklahoma church say they have no prime suspect and the leads they've chased have all reached dead ends.

Caddo County District Attorney Bret Burns says he's dismayed by the lack of progress, and Daniels' mother, Charles Etta Dunlap, says she is puzzled by that investigators have stopped giving her updates.

more here

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=11629970

I've never been to Oklahoma, and really don't know much about the state, but OSBI seems completely incompetent. Carol Daniels, Skyla and Taylor, the family that disappeared and left their truck behind - and these are just three that I've heard of. Also,it's especially hard to believe the Weleetka and Anadarko murders, in particular, have not been solved. Both were committed in tiny towns, and it seems like a whole lot of evidence was left behind in both. If either murder had happened here and wasn't solved in the first couple of months, NYPD would be under fire and inquiries would be being made. Who knows how many more murders are going unsolved in that state? If someone wants to commit a murder, clearly Oklahoma is the state to do it in, because chances are you will not get caught. I'm curious where the problem lies exactly. The director of OSBI? The investigators? It can't be a financial problem, can it? Also, I think they need to find a new spokeswoman/man because Jessica Brown, in the press conferences I've seen, comes across as uncaring, insensitive, stubborn, frigid, and defensive.

I also heard that Scotland Yard offered to help OSBI with evidence in the Weleetka murders and they turned them down. What?! Why??? Pride? If it were my sister or friend who had been murdered, I'd be out in front of OSBI headquarters protesting. Their lack of action, refusal to release information, and complete inability to solve anything is troublesome.

there are a few unsolved murders in this state. i hear there has been another unsolved murder from the anadarko area that happened sometime in the past.
i do not know why, (if it hadn't been done), dogs were not called in to search around in and around the church after the crime. I do not know if they have used any of that chemical to spray around to see if blood has been dropped in/around the church too. There was a fire about a block on the southside of the police station the night before at the Anadarko Paper that is unsolved as well. This crime took place about a block north side of the police station. It is unbelievable that no one saw or heard a thing. And that the LE contacted/met with various local Pastors on keeping the on the watch and increase security.
There was mention of a serial killer that is the son a friend of Ms. Daniel's. Nothing ever came of that, if this person was found and questioned. What happened to the things that were found in a nearby cellar? Why was a knife found in a nearby carwash a few days after the murder? And then for it to be appearing it was there for quite sometime?
LE got a search warrant to check into the local band's myspace: Napalm Reign. those guys are so young and were quite upset that this happened. I witnessed them sing at a recent funeral of one of my kin folks. Unless LE was looking in to the band's fans/comments. But nothing more came of that search warrant, what was found, what was not found? Nothing makes sense, nothing. And Anadarko is not a big town either!
I live in Oklahoma, and this is just very unsettling. And is the perp still around this state? is he or she lurking around, will the next target be another small town?
Oklahoma recently recieved more funds to create a program in solving the unsolved crimes, though. Wish something would come of it with these cases soon

Bumping for Pastor Daniels on this, the 150th day since her murder.

Possible tie-in: see [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94535"]Transgendered Person Slays Pastor, Satanic Manifesto Found - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Both crimes were committed against woman pastors and the cause of death in each murder was via knife thrusts to the neck and throat. Anadarko is about four hours north of Abilene.

Another OK church-related killing:
Sex Offender Arrested for Sunday School Teacher's Murder

MIDWEST CITY, OK -- A registered aggravated sex offender from Oklahoma City who said he suffers with PTSD because of "something bad that happened to him while he was in prison" has been arrested for murder in connection with the death of a young Spencer woman early Saturday morning.
Family members of Pelts describe her as a devout Christian who takes every opportunity to share the word of God and her church. It was not uncommon for Pelts to shop at Walmart late in the evening and witness to individuals.

She also was so proud of her church that if anyone showed an interest, she would take them to the church location, according to her family. Pelts' church was adjacent to the murder scene.

and much more at:
http://www.kwtv.com/global/story.asp?s=11947611

Midwest City is about 65 miles from Anadarko.

I am astounded about the lack of information regarding Pastor Daniels' murder. Does anyone actually do anything within Oklahoma LE? It just seems that you are truly out of luck if you happen to go missing/are murdered in the state of Oklahoma. This is very scary stuff.

We have many fine LE here, but lots to be desired. Low pay, bad training. I tried to report a possible siting of a suspect last week; cop wined "We haven't got a machine to read finger prints, it would take 3 weeks" when I offered them something the person had touched. Maybe someone in LE could explain to me why dusting powder couldn't be applied to a bag, photograrphed, and faxed to OSBI to be sure if this was individual being sought or look alike? WHY is some machine needed now, 3 weeks? Sounded to me like fairy tales.

We have many fine LE here, but lots to be desired. Low pay, bad training. I tried to report a possible siting of a suspect last week; cop wined "We haven't got a machine to read finger prints, it would take 3 weeks" when I offered them something the person had touched. Maybe someone in LE could explain to me why dusting powder couldn't be applied to a bag, photograrphed, and faxed to OSBI to be sure if this was individual being sought or look alike? WHY is some machine needed now, 3 weeks? Sounded to me like fairy tales.

Sounds like LE in OK is just plain lazy or Boss Hogg has left Hazzard County and set up shop in OK.

Just saw the incredible headline on Sunday Bartlesville OK Examiner Enterprise,
http://www.examiner-

enterprise.com/articles/2010/02/14/news/news988.txt

Child rape charges dropped against local man. Seems 9 year old girl gave vivid account of rape, sodomy, and it got reduced from felony to misdemeanor charge of "threat to kill". I'm dizzy. You may be right on the Boss Hogg theory. Either no credible evidence here or it is perfectly OK to mollest a little girl and if you have the right connections you get your hand slapped? FBI, where are you when we need you? Is this a conspiracy to violate this kid's civil rights under cover of law? Anyone know the facts here?

Just saw the incredible headline on Sunday Bartlesville OK Examiner Enterprise,
http://www.examiner-

enterprise.com/articles/2010/02/14/news/news988.txt

Child rape charges dropped against local man. Seems 9 year old girl gave vivid account of rape, sodomy, and it got reduced from felony to misdemeanor charge of "threat to kill". I'm dizzy. You may be right on the Boss Hogg theory. Either no credible evidence here or it is perfectly OK to mollest a little girl and if you have the right connections you get your hand slapped? FBI, where are you when we need you? Is this a conspiracy to violate this kid's civil rights under cover of law? Anyone know the facts here?

OMG- OK Cowgirl- WTF is going on in that area? What a shame!!! I have been waiting for an arrest on Pastor Daniels horrible murder, and cant believe the HORRIBLE crimes coming out of that whole area- including FL- I know that bad things happen everywhere, but these crimes are SICK!! I dont believe for a second that a girl this age could make this up, so why the drop in charges? This is nothing to a convicted felon- just a slap on the hand- These monsters seem to be growing sicker by the day!!!
That poor young girl- My daughter was molested by her father (my ex) and although he did time for domestic violence against me, there wasnt enough evidence to convict him for my what he did to my girl. She still suffers with that point- and feels they didnt believe her story. I did, still do, and always will stand by her- I hope this young girl doesnt go thru that pain- What a SHAME!!!

:banghead::banghead::croc:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back