Omaha double murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
This probably doesn't amount to anything, but I was searching for recent unsolved murders in Omaha and came across this website:
http://omahacrimestoppers.net/unsolved.aspx

There was a murder of a teenage girl in the summer of 2005 also on 54th, but some 40 blocks or so further north found murdered in her home. It doesn't say how she was killed. Strangely, it happened about the same time of day as the Hunter/Sherman murders.

I found it interesting that they didn't go more into detail about this crime on their website. Does anyone know anything about this homicide?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79041&page=14
post 332
update on forensic astrology briefing: New moon

snips:
In the matter of Hunter-Sherman, it is the House of the perpetrator(s) and the House of the murders that is lit up.

......from 2008 now and yes in the Omaha murders.
The more we concentrate on these cases, research them and work them, the more we add to the revival of investigative case interest.

News item on WOWT website:

Despite a $50,000 reward for information, the March 2008 murders of 11-year-old Thomas Hunter and Shirlee Sherman in the Dundee neighborhood of Omaha remain unsolved.

Police are still asking questions and those who live in the neighborhood say they're concerned that a killer is still on the loose. There’s not much information coming from police headquarters, but those who live and work in the area are still concerned and worried.

“I can’t understand why he would kill two people like that and I have kids and would be worried about it,” said resident David Radler. “I am worried about it.”

Radler remembers how the killings affected residents. "It’s something that I worry about ‘cause it was such a random, maybe it wasn’t random, but it was so significant it touched so many people’s lives and it’s still out there. It needs to be closed and we need to find out what happened.”

Police are still trying to figure out what happened. The case is now a part of the FBI Web page. Officials are seeking information about the killings of the Hunter boy and the family housekeeper found in the Hunter home on March 13, 2008. Officials would like to talk to a man with a dark or olive complexion who got out of an SUV that looked like a gray or silver Honda.

This does not make Lori Robinson afraid. She still moves around the Dundee neighborhood where she works, but is more aware of what goes on around her.

“Oh yeah, it worries you to think that the person is out there and could it again. I wouldn't be so worried about it for myself, but worried about the kid that didn’t deserve it, being a mom.”

Police did not respond to a request from Channel 6 News for an interview about the double homicide. Anyone with information about it should call police at 444-7867. You do not have to leave your name.

Thanks for the update Snick. I'm glad to know the media is still reporting on the murders.

YellowDog, I wonder if there is a WS thread for the case you refer to in your above post. Very interesting...

Dreamweaver, Thanks for bringing over Tuba's post from the forensic Astrology forum.

wm

Hi WM:

If there is a thread for it, I've never seen it.

I vaguely recall that murder. It was another closed mouth deal from OPD, no details released as to how she died even. As I also recall, LE interviewed her boyfriend but cleared him. The crime took place miles north of Dundee in a more middle class area. For some reason it never got much media play, not like this one.

There must be something on line about it, will research shortly.

OT
Snick, I just wanted to say that it is good to see you my friend. Glad to see you are feeling better. We have missed ya!

wm

my gf called me today and told me to check out this web site and see what you all have been saying about my mothers murder case. my name is jeff sherman the son of shirlee sherman who was murdered in dundee.
i first would like to say where are you people gettin ur info cuz the police have said nothing to me. And im very disturbed by some of the claims that my mom was involved in drugs. my mom despised the notion of anyone using or participating in drug activity she would never be involved in anything like that. and as for the nieghbor who said she saw my mother let this person in the home i know for a fact my mother would have not let anyone in somone elses home that she didnt know. i know this from being a young boy and had going with my mother and helping her clean houses. and if she didnt know you you were not getting in plain and simple. i also know you could not get one up on my mom the person who did this to her had to come up from behind her cuz my mom would have fought back she may have been 57 but she could throw some blows.

I am the girlfriend of Jeff Sherman, Shirlee's son. Her family is trying to get as much news coverage as possible but being shut down frequently. What I do know about Shirlee Sherman is that she was an amazing woman, mother, daughter, hard worker and a lover of life. She had been with this family for I believe 15 years so she was much more than a housekeeper. Tom's parents have never offered condolences or tried to contact her family. Shirlee's family has raised funds for the reward and are only interested in finding her killer. Someone knows something. I just wish it would come out.

I am the girlfriend of Jeff Sherman, Shirlee's son. Her family is trying to get as much news coverage as possible but being shut down frequently. What I do know about Shirlee Sherman is that she was an amazing woman, mother, daughter, hard worker and a lover of life. She had been with this family for I believe 15 years so she was much more than a housekeeper. Tom's parents have never offered condolences or tried to contact her family. Shirlee's family has raised funds for the reward and are only interested in finding her killer. Someone knows something. I just wish it would come out.

I can't believe they've never contacted her family. That is very callous. If I heard correctly, it was Shirlee's family who put up all of the money for the reward. Is that correct?

I want so much to see these murders solved and there is something very strange about how quiet it has been kept.

Thank you and her son so much for posting on here.

my gf called me today and told me to check out this web site and see what you all have been saying about my mothers murder case. my name is jeff sherman the son of shirlee sherman who was murdered in dundee.
i first would like to say where are you people gettin ur info cuz the police have said nothing to me. And im very disturbed by some of the claims that my mom was involved in drugs. my mom despised the notion of anyone using or participating in drug activity she would never be involved in anything like that. and as for the nieghbor who said she saw my mother let this person in the home i know for a fact my mother would have not let anyone in somone elses home that she didnt know. i know this from being a young boy and had going with my mother and helping her clean houses. and if she didnt know you you were not getting in plain and simple. i also know you could not get one up on my mom the person who did this to her had to come up from behind her cuz my mom would have fought back she may have been 57 but she could throw some blows.

I've never felt like your mother was involved in any way with drugs. I think she was killed because she was a witness to the murder of Thomas.

I think people on here explore all scenarios hoping they'll discover something that might help solve these horrible murders.

Thank you for posting your thoughts.

Jeff and Friend, Welcome to Websleuths!!! :)

First I want to convey my sincere condolences for your loss. Your Mother was a beautiful woman and loved by many, that is clear.

Finally someone is here to speak for Shirlee!!! Thank you for coming here and speaking to us about your wonderful Mother. I have long wondered about the "eye-witness" testimony from the neighbor about her letting someone in the home. What you have shared about her standard of letting people into the home she was cleaning is important and it makes sense, not only in terms of her personal safety, but to safeguard the homeowners premises.

I have to ask this question; If the doorbell rang, your Mom looked out and saw it was someone she did not recognize. Would she have opened the door to see what the person wanted or would she have ignored it? If it was someone she recognized would she have allowed entry? What if the person said they had papers to drop off for the homeowners or they were a teacher of Tom's from his school, would she have opened the door?

How did the Hunter's communicate with your Mom if they had special instructions? Did they leave a note or call her?

Thank you again for coming here. You might want to email Tricia (WS Site Owner) and let her know who you are. It's standard protocol here at WS to do so. I'll put her contact info in another post for you.

I can't find Tricia's email, lol. Someone will be along to provide you with more information ...

For some time we had a frequent poster in this thread whom most of us concluded was either a Hunter family member or close ally. Based on your comment about her being with the Hunters as an employee for 15 years it may be of interest to you to know that this poster claimed she'd only been there four years or so.
I want to word this carefully but a lot of us think there has been and still is an attempt on the part of persons with a vested interest in this case to deliberately mislead some of the issues. To me, that speaks volumes. (see post #39)
To both new posters- I understand how it must feel to read some of the uninformed speculation about Shirlee, especially from early in the thread. I think I can say that most of us now do not think she had any involvement that led to this crime, she was an innocent victim. For many of us, the suspicion has shifted elsewhere. While I do not subscribe to any direct involvement in this crime by Tom's family, I think the Hunters may know more than they are admitting as to motive.
We are very happy to have you folks with us. Please participate frequently, are you also aware of the thread under 'Forensic Astrology' about this crime- Astrology may not be your cup of tea but I think you may find some of the things the astrologers have researched fascinating. God bless.

The reason I was interested in the other murder on 54th Street was to try to find out how the young girl was killed. If it was a stabbing, I'd find that most interesting since it happened at a similar time of day. I haven't ruled out the possibility of a serial killer.

mymomshirlee and krl15182819 - Websleuths has a policy of asking any of our post, that post as a family member or someone with a close tie to the crime/victim, to contact the forum owner, Tricia, and let her know that you are posting here. You can reach Tricia at: Tricia Griffith
tgrif@xmission.com

All you need to do is send her a quick email and let her know which case you are associated with and Tricia will take it from there.

Thank you,

Salem

Please continue here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96561"]Omaha Double Murder #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thanks,

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members