OR - Brooke Wilberger, 19, Corvallis, 24 May 2004 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Shower Singer! That might be really something! Have you contacted the tip line?

I've heard nothing today that is new.

Scandi

ShowerSinger said:
Hello everyone!
I was just wondering if anyone knows what the initials CTR stand for on her ring. Another missing girl, Kiplyn Davis, from Spanish Fork, Utah also was wearing a ring with those initials at the time of her disappearance.
If anyone knows, would you please post.
Thanks.

I did a google search and found lots of references to CTR rings. It is a Mormom thing, I think. Stands for "Choose the Right". Not quite sure what the significance of that, I'm off to do more searching. Just wanted to post this for others to ponder.

Here's a link to the page where I found the reference to CTR. It's about 1/3 of the way down, you really have to search.

Edited to add: I've now done more searching and I think the CTR ring is just kind of a "catchy" thing to remind people, especially younger people maybe, of their faith, kind of like "WWJD" (What Would Jesus Do?)

http://www.lightplanet.com/mormons/qa/42.htm

Thank you, Juliana. Just makes me wonder more, if there isn't some Morman connection. I have a few friends who are Morman's and haven't seen any of them wearing a ring. Still, police always look at family, first. Sure hope bro-in-law doesn't have any connection to Spanish Fork, and that missing girl. Or maybe, some of the family knows some connection. Mormans tend to be close, especially when they visit other area churches/temples. I hope they find some good news. The Davis family still hasn't.

Shower Singer,
Here is a link to Kiplyn's information. I was surprised to see she disappeared in 1995, wearing the CTR ring. I just figured that the CTR thing was a new thing with younger people of the Mormon faith. Seems like it has been around awhile.

http://www.fbi.gov/mostwant/kidnap/davis.htm

wow - great sleuthing, guys! no new info to report from Corvallis today. i did just submit my 1st tip ever to LE - i was walking the dog in the park and found a pair of women's underwear. i've been in the park/woods near our home every day for almost a year now and have never seen anything out of place like that - any kind of trash is rare. so with all of the underwear connections to this case i thought i should at least let somebody know, just in case there is any significance whatsoever. probably just silly teenagers on a holiday weekend but still creepy!!!

annemc2 said:
wow - great sleuthing, guys! no new info to report from Corvallis today. i did just submit my 1st tip ever to LE - i was walking the dog in the park and found a pair of women's underwear. i've been in the park/woods near our home every day for almost a year now and have never seen anything out of place like that - any kind of trash is rare. so with all of the underwear connections to this case i thought i should at least let somebody know, just in case there is any significance whatsoever. probably just silly teenagers on a holiday weekend but still creepy!!!

Good on you, annemc2 for your observation and quick response.

Please take good care when you're 'out there walking in the park and the woods', OK!

Ann, I am glad you called that in to the tip line. Every little tip is magnamous in a case like this.

Last Wednesday I emailed Laurie McQuary in Portland, the psychic who helps police depts all over the world find missing people.

She replied to say she never takes a case unless the family or police dept ask her to come into the case.

Then later that nite I heard a blurb on TV that the police are not going to use any psychics in the case.

Scandi

Somebody knows where Brooke is. I wonder if they'll tell.

Yes Kool Look, and I think LE has much more of an idea than they are letting on to us. Listening to the police spokesman, he kind of lets subtle clues slip out. He made a statement now, which I can't bring to mind, but immediately gave me this feeling.

Let's hope and pray she is alive and being held captive somewhere.

Scandi

I sure hope they find her alive.

Regarding the CTR ring. I am a Morman. This is just a little ring that is usually given to children when they are approx. 6 years of age in a Primary class (similar to Sunday School). They have lessons and are taught on choosing the right when situations arise such as being honest, staying off drugs, etc., etc. They are popular and many adults like to wear them too so they are made in many sizes. Not something everyone is supposed to wear. Just a piece of jewelry that helps kids and whoever wants to, to remember to choose the right in any given situation.

Person of interest was re-arrested. Apparently he was bailed out of jail by his parents, but they re-arrested him. Must really want to hang onto him! Probably found some other charges to put him back in jail. Maybe it would have been a good idea to let him go, and keep a trail on him.

http://tv.ksl.com/index.php?sid=97536&nid=5

dannyodie said:
hey , a red dot by your name is when you are online

Thanks! It's been quite awhile since I've posted on this forum!

I thought I was special or got some prize or something! :blushing:

I read elsewhere, that the place they were cleaning, was in the back of the complex. AND, a Hilton hotel was overlooking that area. Still, think someone close might know more. I still don't get why the WAITED to notify police. Hmmm. Any new news?

Hi ShowerSinger,

Havn't watched the local news yet - even if I was listening to it I wasn't , as I've been reading on the Laci forum.

He was re-arrested? I have heard nothing about that on the local news in Portland. All I have heard is that even though he was released they are still following him and looking at him intently!

If I hear more on the 11 O'clock news tonight, I'll let you know whaz up,OK

Scandi

Before I head off to work, thought I'd let you know the newest thing.

Since last night on Fox cable news, they have been running an ad - bright red 'ABDUCTION' on a black background with a great pic of her in the center, and then white writing on either side giving all the facts. It is stunning, beautifully done, and gosh, it runs really often - maybe once every half hour.

I've never lived where we have a major missing case like this, so it might be common. Fox must be footing some of the bill, plus the LSD church, as it would normally cost a fortune to do this!

Well we did have the Miranda Gaddis and ??? case with Weaver caught, digging up their bodies in his back yard, but they never did this for them. I still cringe at the thought of that monster using those girls for hi sick pleasure. He is now in a mental hospital, and the trial has been delayed.

xoxoxo Scandi

MysteryMomma said:
....... My second one, which is darker and I'm sure not true, is that her brother-in-law took her. Sick I know.

I thought of him also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members