GUILTY OR - Heather Snively, 21, slain, fetus stolen, Beaverton, 5 June 2009

According to the article in the Oregonian, Roberts had told a neighbor a couple of weeks ago that she was pregnant!

Kimster Soulscape is looking for some information on the Astrology request thread.

So sad, seems like it was to be her first baby, the woman who killed her though seems to have other children from what I read in one article,

Reminds me of the Bobbi Jo Stinnett murder of a few years ago. Her baby miraculously survived. The killer, Lisa Montgomery, was eventually sentenced to death.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Jo_Stinnett

Terrible stuff. Someone has to be absolutely demented to do such a thing. Or supremely evil.

Ok, here's a thought. This crime seems to occur more often than you might expect. What if Laci Peterson was a victim?

Obviously I'm interested in this.. I used to live on Walker & Murray, and now live about 5 miles from this location...

How sad...

As far as a tweaker area ... It's close to HWY 26, and alls I can say is I would never park my car on that street overnight...

A lot of attention was paid in the media about the 31 year old woman who threw her two children into the Willamette River late May, killing her 4 yr old son.

But not a lot of media was given to the Hillsboro man who on May 30, took his 7yr old son and 6yr old daughter to a local wetlands park (not far from me), shot and killed them, then himself...

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/05/father_killed_his_children_dur.html

I don't know what's going on around here!!! =(

http://www.oregonlive.com/washingtoncounty/index.ssf/2009/06/autopsy_determines_baby_was_cu.html

(snips)
Heather Snively, the 21-year-old Tigard woman who was allegedly murdered over the weekend, was cut open so her unborn son could be removed from her womb, an autopsy has determined.

Thompson said that Roberts had been claiming for months to be pregnant. He said she even told her live-in boyfriend that she was expecting twins.
He said detectives weren't sure whether Roberts met Snively through advertisements on the Internet site Craigslist, but said they were continuing to investigate the possibility.
Thompson added that detectives believe Roberts may have been in touch with a number of pregnant women in the Portland area.
He said anyone who had contact with Roberts, either in person or over the Internet, is asked to call the sheriff's office at 503-846-2700.

Back in 2004 Anderson Cooper did a show about fetal abduction.

I found it interesting and wanted to bring certain highlights here for others as well:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0412/21/acd.01.html

Aired December 21, 2004 - 19:00 ET

...(Cooper)The lead author of the study described the killers as narcissist beyond belief, organized in identifying their victims and deciding when to kidnap them and kidnap the baby and focused on their mission. But according to the study, these killers are not psychotic. All of which may be important in a courtroom, but probably means very little to families where months of joyful anticipation end suddenly and tragically...

... COOPER: We found it fascinating that this study claims that many of these women who've killed for a baby share certain traits in common, but it's still hard to comprehend how they could do this. Joining me now forensic psychiatrist Park Dietz in Irvine, California....

...DIETZ: ... This is scheming, manipulative, lying, evil. This is not really about mental illness...

...DIETZ: Well, under the laws of most states they would certainly be found sane. It's possible for someone who is mentally ill to also do this crime, but that's not the pattern. The pattern is for women in their 20s and 30s who couldn't care less about the rights of others to selfishly do this just to have a baby. Sometimes the baby is only a prop...

...DIETZ: They'd be manipulating and taking advantage of people in a variety of ways their whole lives. This particular act gives them both the child that others tell them they should have and, for some of them, it's a prop to keep a man....

Althought it looks like a copied and pasted a lot. I made sure to be very careful about copyright enfringement and that is well under.

I could only find that study mentioned at a subscription site:

AJN, American Journal of Nursing:
September 2008 - Volume 108 - Issue 9 - p 32-38
doi: 10.1097/01.NAJ.0000334972.82359.58
DEPARTMENT: Forensic Files

I do not have access to that site.

Ok, here's a thought. This crime seems to occur more often than you might expect. What if Laci Peterson was a victim?

Not likely since Scott was telling his girlfriend that his wife had died quite some time before she even went missing. Co-incidence? I think not. Also since the body of Laci's baby was found, obviously no one took her baby. Just a few days ago Nancy Grace was talking about the difference in decomposition between Laci and the baby. She said that Laci's body protected the unborn fetus so he was not as decomposed as she was.

It does seem to be happening quite a lot lately. But I don't ever remember ANY of the cases being unsolved. As far as I can recall, they always caught the killer. And in Laci's case, which had more to do with destroying the baby than keeping it, they definitely caught the killer.

Also since the body of Laci's baby was found, obviously no one took her baby. Just a few days ago Nancy Grace was talking about the difference in decomposition between Laci and the baby. She said that Laci's body protected the unborn fetus so he was not as decomposed as she was.

Just because the cases we know about have been solved does not mean that other people have not got away with it. The fact that the police focused quickly on SP would have taken the heat off the perp (if that's what happened).

The baby does not always survive so that is not conclusive.

The decomposition issue, however, does seem to point away from this scenario.

I guess the autopsy would also have detected if Laci had been subjected to a forced caesarian?

Just because the cases we know about have been solved does not mean that other people have not got away with it. The fact that the police focused quickly on SP would have taken the heat off the perp (if that's what happened).

The baby does not always survive so that is not conclusive.

The decomposition issue, however, does seem to point away from this scenario.

I guess the autopsy would also have detected if Laci had been subjected to a forced caesarian?

Documents for that case, including testimony from ME and I believe the actual autopsy reports:

http://www.findlaci2003.us/autopsy-index.html

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/annearundel/bal-pregnant0609,0,7355289.story

8:54 AM EDT, June 9, 2009

Initial results of autopsies on a former Anne Arundel County woman and the fetus removed from her womb leave unanswered how the woman was killed and whether the baby lived after he was taken from her body,...

..."At this point, it is apparent that Korena Roberts had been telling friends and family for months that she was pregnant. She had told many people she knew, including her live-in boyfriend, that she was pregnant with twins,"...

...Sometimes, she told people she was pregnant with one baby. Other times, it was twins. She even put a crib together on her front lawn and placed an ad on Craigslist, an online classified site, looking for baby clothes...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back