GUILTY OR - Heather Snively, 21, slain, fetus stolen, Beaverton, 5 June 2009

This breaks my heart, how incredibly sad. You can tell by the mother's picture she was so proud to be having this baby. My sincere condolences to her boyfriend and their families. Rest in peace, Heather and Baby Boy.

090607_Heather_Snively.jpg

Obviously I'm interested in this.. I used to live on Walker & Murray, and now live about 5 miles from this location...

How sad...

As far as a tweaker area ... It's close to HWY 26, and alls I can say is I would never park my car on that street overnight...

A lot of attention was paid in the media about the 31 year old woman who threw her two children into the Willamette River late May, killing her 4 yr old son.

But not a lot of media was given to the Hillsboro man who on May 30, took his 7yr old son and 6yr old daughter to a local wetlands park (not far from me), shot and killed them, then himself...

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/05/father_killed_his_children_dur.html

I don't know what's going on around here!!! =(

It's VERY unusual for Oregon to have a lot of this kind of thing going on, isn't it? I live north of Eugene, my brother is in Beaverton.

I keep wondering if the stress of the unemployment rate is getting to people. I'm not saying that the POSs in these cases were directly affected, but perhaps the "spirit" of these hard times is causing the more evil in people to increase.

My friend mentioned our high unemployment rate (I think we are the 2nd highest state)... but with a senseless crime like this, it probably is more due to the mental state of the person...

What has been bothering me, is that Friday afternoon, I was listening to the scanner.. I heard the ambulance talk about "the second baby had not crowned".. unfortunately I was not listening closely before this..

But when I read the articles, it says that she told her boyfriend she was pregnant with twins, and I have to wonder if he really did not know/was involved and may have told the EMT's she had twins and she had to go along with it..

"And authorities say Snively's accused killer, Korena Elaine Roberts, had been telling her boyfriend and family that she was pregnant with twins -- even though she wasn't."
http://www.oregonlive.com/washingtoncounty/

WAY more crime goes on than what you see in the news.. everywhere..it's just what the papers/news stations choose to broadcast...

I wonder if she did indeed meet Snively via Craigslist, if LE will find other potential victims. It's very interesting she kept reiterating she was pregnant with twins, and while I'm not a crazy baby stealer, I would imagine one wouldn't want to have all their eggs in one basket when it comes to pulling off something so huge.

My gut tells me the boyfriend isn't involved, because in these types of cases the women rarely make anyone privy to their plans. Many times the motives seem to involve the boyfriends (keeping them, manipulating them) but don't seem to be planned with anyone else.

It does bother me beyond belief that there might not be charges pressed for the death of the baby if they can't determine he took a breath outside. Is that Oregon state law? If she had a recent OB appt at which they said the baby was thriving and healthy, shouldn't that be enough? The autopsy could determine that the baby died as a result of Roberts' actions. That's murder, to me.

There is no law in Oregon.. God I hope they change it now..

"It's obvious that the child was alive--in his mother's womb. But what Attorney Bob Herman means is, was the child still alive when he was removed? Because if not--if he died in utero--then his killer can't be charged with his murder.

Oregon doesn't have an "Unborn Victims of Violence" law, like the federal government and at least seventeen other states do. Back in 2005, the Oregon House passed House Bill 2020, a bill which would have put an "Unborn Victims of Violence" law on Oregon's books. But the measure never became law, and so even though Korena Roberts' actions most decidedly killed both Heather Snively and the child she was carrying, it may not be possible for the State of Oregon to charge Roberts with the murder of the baby/fetus/infant."

http://blog.beliefnet.com/crunchycon/2009/06/hindsight-is-always-2020-erin.html

I wonder if she did indeed meet Snively via Craigslist, if LE will find other potential victims. It's very interesting she kept reiterating she was pregnant with twins, and while I'm not a crazy baby stealer, I would imagine one wouldn't want to have all their eggs in one basket when it comes to pulling off something so huge.

My gut tells me the boyfriend isn't involved, because in these types of cases the women rarely make anyone privy to their plans. Many times the motives seem to involve the boyfriends (keeping them, manipulating them) but don't seem to be planned with anyone else.

It does bother me beyond belief that there might not be charges pressed for the death of the baby if they can't determine he took a breath outside. Is that Oregon state law? If she had a recent OB appt at which they said the baby was thriving and healthy, shouldn't that be enough? The autopsy could determine that the baby died as a result of Roberts' actions. That's murder, to me.

Oregon is very pro-abortion and would not dare allow any unborn child to be considered "alive". The baby would have to prove he took a breath, for sure.

And yes, Oregon is number two in the most recent unemployment stats!

Oregon is very pro-abortion and would not dare allow any unborn child to be considered "alive". The baby would have to prove he took a breath, for sure.

Ludicrous, just ludicrous. I don't care what someone's stance on abortion is, the violent interference with a viable pregnancy by an outsider should be prosecutable at any gestation, much less near or at term. If it can't be proven the baby took a breath, then how does that work at trial? Do they not mention she was pregnant?

http://www.pddnet.com/news-ap-ore-lawmaker-wants-charges-for-killing-unborn-061009/

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Reacting to the recent attack on a woman who died along with her unborn child, a state lawmaker wants Oregon to join 36 states and the federal government in making it a crime to harm a fetus.

Republican Sen. Bruce Starr says he is drafting a bill that would create a crime of assault on an unborn child and expand criminal homicide to include its death.

His proposal came in response to the death of 21-year-old Heather Snively, whose body was found last Friday in the crawl space of a suburban home, with her fetus cut from her womb.

My friend mentioned our high unemployment rate (I think we are the 2nd highest state)... but with a senseless crime like this, it probably is more due to the mental state of the person...

What has been bothering me, is that Friday afternoon, I was listening to the scanner.. I heard the ambulance talk about "the second baby had not crowned".. unfortunately I was not listening closely before this..

But when I read the articles, it says that she told her boyfriend she was pregnant with twins, and I have to wonder if he really did not know/was involved and may have told the EMT's she had twins and she had to go along with it..

"And authorities say Snively's accused killer, Korena Elaine Roberts, had been telling her boyfriend and family that she was pregnant with twins -- even though she wasn't."
http://www.oregonlive.com/washingtoncounty/

WAY more crime goes on than what you see in the news.. everywhere..it's just what the papers/news stations choose to broadcast...
Since the baby died, what the H*ll did this b*tch accomplish by murdering the mother?????:banghead::banghead::banghead: Maybe if Roberts hadn't bothered to brag to people that she was pregnant, two victims wouldn't have to have died needlessly!!!:doh::behindbar:behindbar:behindbar

Ludicrous, just ludicrous. I don't care what someone's stance on abortion is, the violent interference with a viable pregnancy by an outsider should be prosecutable at any gestation, much less near or at term. If it can't be proven the baby took a breath, then how does that work at trial? Do they not mention she was pregnant?
I totally agree, and I'm someone who is strongly Pro-Choice!

HILLSBORO, Ore

HILLSBORO, Ore. – Korena Roberts sifted through her neighbor's rummage sale until she pulled out an item that caught her eye: a blue stroller decorated with teddy bears.
Her neighbor, Wendy Pursinger, asked why she needed it. Roberts' two children had long outgrown being pushed in a baby carriage.
"I'm pregnant, of course," Roberts told Pursinger.
Police now say Roberts' pregnancy story was likely false, a cover story, and that the 27-year-old cut open her pregnant friend's abdomen to take her baby and pass it off as her own. The body of Heather Snively, 21, was found Friday in a crawl space of Roberts' suburban Hillsboro home. The infant also died.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090609/ap_on_re_us/us_pregnant_woman_killed

So we will find out after her court hearing at 4:30 (PST) today? Wonder why so late in the day??

"The Washington County sheriff's office says Korena Roberts, 27, is scheduled to appear at a preliminary hearing at 4:30 p.m. today. She is expected to be arraigned on new charges stemming from today's indictment in the Heather Snively murder case."

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/06/woman_accused_of_killing_pregn.html

HILLSBORO -- The woman accused of killing a 21-year-old pregnant Tigard woman was indicted today on seven felony counts, but not the death of the baby.

Korena Elaine Roberts, 27, was seen crying before entering Washington County Circuit Court this afternoon clutching a tissue in her left hand. She pleaded not guilty before Presiding Judge Thomas W. Kohl in the June 5 death of Heather Snively and her unborn son.
*first part of article link below

http://www.oregonlive.com/washingtoncounty/index.ssf/2009/06/woman_indicted_in_killing_of_p.html

http://www.570news.com/news/world/more.jsp?content=w155083729

Roberts appeared briefly in court late in the afternoon to hear the charges in the indictment but did not enter a plea. Her next hearing was set for Monday.

Hermann said no documents with details about the investigation can be released until after that hearing.

Prosecutors have not said how Snively was killed, other than autopsy results which showed blunt force trauma.

Investigators have said Snively met Roberts while Snively was searching for baby items on the Internet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back