GUILTY OR - Heather Snively, 21, slain, fetus stolen, Beaverton, 5 June 2009

PORTLAND, Ore. -- A woman who murdered an expectant mother and her unborn child changed her plea Wednesday on aggravated murder charges to guilty in exchange for life in prison, avoiding a trial and possible death penalty conviction.Korena Roberts pleaded guilty to murdering 21-year-old Heather Snively and her unborn child. Snively was found dead inside the crawl space of her Beaverton home in June, 2009.

Roberts was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole. Last week, Judge Donald le Tourneau rejected all defense motions and ruled prosecutors could proceed to trial with the death penalty a possibility after her original not guilty plea.

Detectives said Roberts killed Snively and cutting her unborn child out of her womb, then claiming it as her own. Friends believe Snively and Roberts met on the website Craigslist.

According to police, Roberts told her live-in boyfriend she was pregnant with twins. Investigators note, she's not. According to her boyfriend, Yan Shubin, "Korena was taking pre-natal pills," and pretended to go to an ultra sound appointment. Shubin told detectives, his girlfriend "was taking mid-wife classes at PCC community college."

When her boyfriend found Roberts on the day of the murder, police suggest, "Korena was sitting in the tub with an infant only wearing a bra." She initially told medics, she'd just given birth. But, the documents show, Roberts later told her boyfriend "she did a horrible thing."

http://www.kmtr.com/news/local/stor...in-prison/TdRkTHOOw0urqKf8IrtZGQ.cspx?rss=191

:furious::furious::furious:

This is just so horrible. Apparently the poor girl fought desperately for her life and the life of her baby. So very sad. A complete outrage!

:furious::furious::furious:

Docs: Violent struggle in murder

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Newly released court documents detail a " violent struggle" as a pregnant woman was killed earlier this month. Background:
They show that Heather Snively died after a violent struggle with her killer, alleged to be Korena Roberts, 27. Detectives accuse Roberts of cuttting Snively's baby from the womb and then pretending the child was hers.
During an autopsy, a strand of dark hair was found in the Snively's hand and there also were bite marks on the back of her right elbow. During the autopsy, fingernail clipping were taken from Snivley because Roberts has a fresh five-inch scratch on the base of her neck.
"I know from my own observations that the scene of this crime was very bloody," Detective Murray Rau wrote in an autopsy report, " and, based on m own observations of the physical evidence, was the scene of a violent struggle involving the suspect and the victim."< /p>

more at link

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Pregnant-woman-had-bite-marks-on-body-documents-reveal.html

(ABOVE BBM)

It almost seems life in prison is too good for her. What in God's name is wrong with people like this. I just don't understand. And to top it all off, this maniac had 2 children already. I;m glad she won't be raising them.

In the video of Roberts in court, she is crying and shaking. She doesn't look, IMO, nearly as wild-eyed as she does in the pictures from her arrest. Could she have gone off some important medication when she committed this double (IMO) murder? Not that it gives her even the SLIGHTEST excuse, but I was just windering. They would no doubt have mentioned it if there'd been any mental illness/psychosis present.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels
Back