GUILTY OR - Isabella Smith, 2, killed, 13yo injured, Cannon Beach, 31 July 2014

I may have missed it. Was it previously stated that both the girls had the same father?

Now that you mentioned it, I've not heard if he is or isn't. When they said they were looking for the 'parents' I just assumed.

But you know what they say about *advertiser censored*-uming :facepalm:

ETA: even if he's not the bio dad, I've got to assume that he at least has a relationship with the 13 yo and would care enough to check on her.

Interesting how this is worded. "Dad of baby found dead". Is he also the father of the injured 13 yo girl?

Also weird ... "critical cuts". Why not stab wounds? Knife wasn't used?
The child who survived is 13 years old and suffered "critical cuts."

Should fix thread title, only Mom is missing.

Ok so we Hv a recent filing for divorce, and a restraining order. Even if DH alibi checks out, maybe he hired a hitman. Poss discord, maybe didn't want to pay child support. Two three major red flags here.
1) mom files RO against DAD
2) mom is possible suspect or victim of murder
3) father not on scene unknown alibi.
4) mom possible victim of husb as well as the children
This isn't an argument for or against your scenarios. I just wanted to say that in WA we have both restraining orders and orders for protection. Restraining orders are granted in many, many divorce cases and protect both sides equally. They don't necessarily indicate violence in the home. An orders for protection would indicate there was abuse or a threat of some sort. I have no idea if the husband did anything or not, but I'd hate to have him suspected on the basis of a restraining order being in effect.

Praying the little girl survived surgery and will heal physically as well as mentally. We don't know what she endured, but her sister is dead, and her Mom is missing, and she's in the hospital. What a trying time for such a young girl.

I don't know what to think yet in this case, so will sit on my fingers for a bit.

KATU news says the wounded teen had cuts and stabs on her body. Still searching for JS. Authorities found the father, they stopped him on a highway at 5:15 tonight but they wouldn't say where and they wouldn't say what Smith told them.

Praying the little girl survived surgery and will heal physically as well as mentally. We don't know what she endured, but her sister is dead, and her Mom is missing, and she's in the hospital. What a trying time for such a young girl.

I don't know what to think yet in this case, so will sit on my fingers for a bit.

I think I'll join you on the bench.

This makes absolutely no sense. The reports are utterly bizarre and borderline illegible. I remember the good old days when journalists asked questions. Like, for example:

1. Why are they 'looking for both parents' but only naming the mother?
2. Do they suspect dad is the culprit and is holding his wife hostage, or vice versa?
3. Do they suspect both were involved?
4. Do they suspect that both are kidnapped/endangered?

I mean, sheesh. Do your f'n job. :facepalm:

Was their entire original article half fiction?!

It said:

Cannon Beach police were called to the Surfsand Resort at 148 W Gower Ave. just after 9:30 a.m. on the report of a disoriented woman. When they arrived, officers found an infant dead and a young teen seriously injured inside a hotel room.

But then changed it to:

Cannon Beach police were called to the Surfsand Resort at 148 W. Gower Ave. around 9:40 a.m. after a housekeeper found a dead toddler and a 13-year-old girl critically cut in a third-floor hotel room, according to Cannon Beach Police Chief Jason Schermerhorn.

In the same source but at different times.

How did the entire thing with the disoriented woman vanish from the whole story? If she was the reason they called to begin with, well...how is she no longer even mentioned?

And who really found them dead?

The housekeeper?

Or officers? (Who, according to the account that it was them, actually responded for the disoriented lady...so if it was officers, then the disoriented lady still has to be in the equation)

Seems like it has to be the housekeeper (especially based on other articles now) but...

Strange.

This isn't an argument for or against your scenarios. I just wanted to say that in WA we have both restraining orders and orders for protection. Restraining orders are granted in many, many divorce cases and protect both sides equally. They don't necessarily indicate violence in the home. An orders for protection would indicate there was abuse or a threat of some sort. I have no idea if the husband did anything or not, but I'd hate to have him suspected on the basis of a restraining order being in effect.

Apparently there isn't one in effect...?

Police are also looking to talk to her husband, Greg Smith. Court records in Clark County indicate that he filed for divorce on June 30. They also show that Jessica Smith was denied her request for a restraining order against Greg Smith on July 17, with a hearing scheduled for next Wednesday.

Was their entire original article half fiction?!

It said:

But then changed it to:

In the same source but at different times.

How did the entire thing with the disoriented woman vanish from the whole story? If she was the reason they called to begin with, well...how is she no longer even mentioned?

And who really found them dead?

The housekeeper?

Or officers? (Who, according to the account that it was them, actually responded for the disoriented lady...so if it was officers, then the disoriented lady still has to be in the equation)

Seems like it has to be the housekeeper (especially based on other articles now) but...

Strange.

My head's going around in circles with thisne.

I suspect the 13 yr old was lucid enough before being taken away for medical attention, to tell them who did this to her and her sister. All it would take is two words. :(

I suspect the 13 yr old was lucid enough before being taken away for medical attention, to tell them who did this to her and her sister. All it would take is two words. :(

I agree. If she could communicate Mom's name, she could indicate who...

Just have to take into consideration scenarios in which she would not be truthful.

I am on the bench too, but bet LE is not.

Hmmm :waitasec: During the presser they stated they had already been in contact with him.

I would assume he was at or on the way to the hospital to check on his 13 yo daughter who was stabbed.

Odd.

I got the impression they were just reporting where LE found dad to talk to him. But I'm wondering if he was going toward his daughter or away from her at the time LE stopped him.

Just wondering why the divorce was filed in Clark County when Goldendale is is Klickitat County...? Were they separated, and DH filed where he was living, perhaps? (Vancouver is in Clark County.)

Also don't understand how/why Jessica left two kids alone in a motel on the Oregon Coast - you go there to spend time on the beach and check out all the cheesy trinket shops - I'll bet that 13 year old did not want to stay in a motel room with the little kid for any length of time. It doesn't really sound like a family vacation to me, but who knows why Jessica would have chosen to go there instead of somewhere else to either commit this crime or hide from someone (it looks like one of two scenarios). I'd like to know what LE found out from the motel office, what Jessica's demeanor was when she checked in, if they saw the kids and how they acted, etc. Of course we will probably never know unless the staff talks to the press.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK
Back