OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All, I have just started reading and trying to catch up with all the posts so please forgive me if what I say has already been discussed/addressed.

My gut tells me the step mom had no involvement with Kyrons disappearance. I don't know why I think that, I just do. I am however getting concerned that the family has not been more vocal and out there. I know if it were my child I would muster up the strength I needed to be vocal and out there!

Does anyone know if all school employees have been checked out? Janitors, cafeteria workers? I'm asking b/c 12-15 yrs ago in Ca (I think) a girl was murdered at school by a school employee. At the time, I was floored that schools only did background checks on teachers not employees. I'm not sure if that's the case today, but I think school districts still don't do background checks for employees. I'm sure it's due to the cost and what the districts' budget is. Which is very sad to say the least.

Again, i apologize if the above has already been discussed.

I have not read all the threads and don't recall noticing this, but is it possible someone abducted Kyron as payback to his step dad since his step dad is LE? Has that been discussed?

yes. I thought this. Step dad was involved in putting away members of a gang called "surenos"... google calls this the mexican mafia

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2066165/posts

Before pronouncing his sentence, Grensky asked Reyes-Real, the only defendant who admitted to his gang affiliation, what he got out of being a member of the Sureños.

"You don't get nothing," Reyes-Real replied.

Medford police Detective Tony Young said he hopes that message will resonate within the community and that people will understand gang violence will not be tolerated.

"I think the judge sent a message with this verdict," said Young. "Read between the lines. (Reyes-Real) lost the best years of his life over a stupid act."

I know BeanE I think mentioned that no one is talking about time running out for him or saying things like that. It is 9 days and time is running out if they think he is in this rough kind of terrain. No pleas from family to release him or bring him back, nothing to indicate a kidnapping, but if they think he wondered off, surely he would run into a populated area, especially since they are searching areas that have homes and pumpkin patches. It is very strange. I have to think they know way more than they are telling us.

Boy I would say their son looks alot like Kyron, Photos at the link

Family Says Son Mistaken For Kyron

POSTED: 1:48 pm PDT June 12, 2010
UPDATED: 4:37 pm PDT June 12, 2010

VANCOUVER, Wash. -- A Vancouver family said they're attracting attention because their little boy has a striking resemblance to Kyron Horman, a missing second-grader.

Members of the Elliott family said they've gotten dirty looks and have even been followed when they're out with their son Talin.

http://www.kptv.com/news/23881699/detail.html

Yes,nothing is out there.Who do they think would have a video of this or traffic?What is the place at the end of the video near the water?

The driving his motorcycle part of the video ends right there at the light where Corn Pass comes down to Hwy 30. Straight across from there you can see Sauvie Island.
I don't know what those pictures are at the end of the video.
I found it when I was looking at a google map, I saw a little link thing that had pictures/videos, and whola there it was.. =)

(PS, that's probably the least curvy road going over the hill IMO, I don't like Germantown and such..) Did you all see the semi-trucks? It's like that all the time.

OK, I am trying to make one of those map thingies to show where they want the video from.. basically, all of NW Portland. gaaaa!
All the main roads that lead to Hwy 30 or Hwy 26.
Stand by.

I have been on this thread for most of the past few days, I have to go spend some time with my hubby. See you tomorrow, hope the news is good and Kyron is home with his family, pets and loved ones.

Is this a school bus or bus route?Some one here had a real good idea to check the buses.Would they have this type of traffic video?

OK, I am trying to make one of those map thingies to show where they want the video from.. basically, all of NW Portland. gaaaa!
All the main roads that lead to Hwy 30 or Hwy 26.
Stand by.

Yayy =) Thank you!! and yes, that is a big area huh??

LE can't talk about Kyron not being alive, IMO, as that might lead to questions as to why the organized, larger search was not started earlier, when he may have been. IMO

Not saying he couldn't be now, but they don't want to go there. Also could be why no discussion as to how long he could survive...again IMO.

There was a list in the last thread of street names. This list included streets that LE was seeking security video from. Well I found them all and put them on the map. It looks like this.....

I think I got 'em all....

roads.jpg

yes. I thought this. Step dad was involved in putting away members of a gang called "surenos"... google calls this the mexican mafia

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2066165/posts

Before pronouncing his sentence, Grensky asked Reyes-Real, the only defendant who admitted to his gang affiliation, what he got out of being a member of the Sureños.

"You don't get nothing," Reyes-Real replied.

Medford police Detective Tony Young said he hopes that message will resonate within the community and that people will understand gang violence will not be tolerated.

"I think the judge sent a message with this verdict," said Young. "Read between the lines. (Reyes-Real) lost the best years of his life over a stupid act."

Thank you. I was actually thinking along the lines of something bigger. I'd guess Medford is small enough the 'gang bangers' in Medford would be like any other middle class suburb - what we in the burbs outside of Chicago call teenie bopper gang banger wanna be's. As the average age in the burbs is 13 versus gang banger lifers into their 20's and older in the city.

I was thinking along someone doing life, someone getting the higher up guy in a drug ring caught kind of thing.

I'd be curious if anything more substancial than teenagers stood out. Even if it was a white collar crime kind of thing.

Just thinking of more ideas as this case is so perplexing. And given it more thought I find it hard to imagine a 'stranger' was able to get Kyron out of the school without a single eye noticing.

I know BeanE I think mentioned that no one is talking about time running out for him or saying things like that. It is 9 days and time is running out if they think he is in this rough kind of terrain. No pleas from family to release him or bring him back, nothing to indicate a kidnapping, but if they think he wondered off, surely he would run into a populated area, especially since they are searching areas that have homes and pumpkin patches. It is very strange. I have to think they know way more than they are telling us.

I'm half wondering if they're looking more for evidence - something dropped or thrown away - from the perp to give them a clue who it might be, as much as they are looking for Kyron if he did just wander away.

It would fit a kidnapping theory based on retribution toward the LE dad, and their seeming belief that Kyron is alive. The 24/7 LE presence (ransom call). The more-than-usual support of the family. The lack of intense concern that his time is running out if he's off in the woods after wandering away.

Perhaps it is a kidnapping scenario, and there are no pleas for his return, because they are being regularly contacted by the kidnapper.

It would account for LE seeming to cut off the reward fund.

I'm in the process of trying to think this through. I should have waited to think it through more. :)

Thank you. I was actually thinking along the lines of something bigger. I'd guess Medford is small enough the 'gang bangers' in Medford would be like any other middle class suburb as opposed to what we in the burbs outside of Chicago call teenie bopper gang banger wanna be's. As the average age in the burbs is 13 versus gang banger lifers into their 20's and older in the city.

I was thinking along someone doing life, someone getting the higher up guy in a drug ring caught kind of thing.

I'd be curious if anything more substancial than teenagers stood out. Even if it was a white collar crime kind of thing.

Just thinking of more ideas as this case is so perplexing. And given it more thought I find it hard to imagine a 'stranger' was able to get Kyron out of the school without a single eye noticing.

yes.. . I wondered the same thing. I will look some more.

OK, one more for me and then I too am out for a while. The more I think about this, the more unlikely it becomes to me that any knid of stranger would think there was even a possibility that Kyron would not be missed right away at school. There, more than anyplace else, you would expect a child to be accounted for or missed, rather quickly. OK, we know this did not happen as it should have, but there had to be a reason, IMO.

My point is that no one could have expected they would have any sort of lead time, AND know they would not be seen. They would have had to expect a possible description of their vehicle or person within a very short time to be called in to LE. So to me, this makes it far less likely that a stranger is involved here, or even another student, as "normally" Kyron should have been noticed missing pretty quickly. We don't know why he wasn't, but I find it hard to believe that a teacher would not notice and that she felt his absence was legit.

There was a list in the last thread of street names. This list included streets that LE was seeking security video from. Well I found them all and put them on the map. It looks like this.....

I think I got 'em all....

THANK You for this! I was also thinking - they are adking for video from THURSDAY and Friday - what might that indicate?? Any ideas?

I'm half wondering if they're looking more for evidence - something dropped or thrown away - from the perp to give them a clue who it might be, as much as they are looking for Kyron if he did just wander away.

It would fit a kidnapping theory based on retribution toward the LE dad, and their seeming belief that Kyron is alive. The 24/7 LE presence (ransom call). The more-than-usual support of the family. The lack of intense concern that his time is running out if he's off in the woods after wandering away.

Perhaps it is a kidnapping scenario, and there are no pleas for his return, because they are being regularly contacted by the kidnapper.

It would account for LE seeming to cut off the reward fund.

I'm in the process of trying to think this through. I should have waited to think it through more. :)

This all makes sense to me as well, especially going back to the initial days of Kyron being missing and LE's statement it is an isolated incident. Maybe LE does have an idea who the perp may be but in order to keep Kyron out of harms way they are proceeding with the investigation as they are?

BBM also, thinking outloud is good. It helps others give things more thought too.

My thoughts though, still go back to how Kyron got out the door without being seen?

Agreed window of opportunity too small for planned abduction.
Was the trash picked up at the school on Friday?
Have they halted all deliveries to the landfill?

I think one thing to be considered is people who have had a history of Skyline School.
People who have been students, or employees, delivery people.
I don't know how many years one would need to go back, but at least 10 years, I would think.
The Rose festival brought many people to town, who might not live there anymore.
Anyone along the coast, well, even the whole State, and probably Washington State as well, knows about the annual Rose Parade.

If Kyron was just an opportune child at an opportune time, or if he was specifically chosen, I hope they know.
It is pretty clear that for all their ground searching, they haven't found him, so now they think someone took him.

Imo, trying not to be too critical of LE, this call out for video should have been done from the beginning.
It's very disheartening, imo.

My personal opinion is they should pay attention to westward bound video to the coast, since hwy 26 is so close to Skyline, and a quick exit out of the area, much like L. Baum.
fwiw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member