OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an article I found.. The video on the article (see the video tab) along with the
comments is pretty interesting..
Now I'm wondering.. could he have got hit if he tried walking home??
That just came to me when I watched the video and saw them pulling the car out
of the creek..

*snip
SCAPPOOSE, Ore. - Cornelius Pass Road is one of the most dangerous stretches of road in Multnomah County, but will it ever get fixed?

http://www.katu.com/news/35645314.html?

I'm half wondering if they're looking more for evidence - something dropped or thrown away - from the perp to give them a clue who it might be, as much as they are looking for Kyron if he did just wander away.

It would fit a kidnapping theory based on retribution toward the LE dad, and their seeming belief that Kyron is alive. The 24/7 LE presence (ransom call). The more-than-usual support of the family. The lack of intense concern that his time is running out if he's off in the woods after wandering away.

Perhaps it is a kidnapping scenario, and there are no pleas for his return, because they are being regularly contacted by the kidnapper.

It would account for LE seeming to cut off the reward fund.

I'm in the process of trying to think this through. I should have waited to think it through more. :)

I have mulled around this same sort of theory, that someone CLAIMS that they have Kyron, but that LE has no proof of this. What if someone is enjoying the game of sending them out on searches to find clues that may or may not be there? It does fit the idea of holding back on the reward fund, and of not giving out ANY information on what facts they do know. If they keep things quiet, the person can not use things that have been leaked to the media to help convince LE they have the child. Any thing this person tells them then becomes a way to try to confirm or disprove whether they really know the details that a kidnapper would know. Also fits with the constant statements that they have no proof that this is an abduction, and the statement today that they know where he is NOT.

just a possible idea....

OK, I am trying to make one of those map thingies to show where they want the video from.. basically, all of NW Portland. gaaaa!
All the main roads that lead to Hwy 30 or Hwy 26.
Stand by.

OK, here is my map; I outlined the roads in blue. It's pretty much every road leading off both sides of their hill.
It's also all the escape routes out to the highways.

Map

Originally Posted by darlin gal View Post
The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office is requesting recorded video images that may have been recorded from store fronts, private residences, security or any other surveillance recording for June 3, 2010 and June 4 2010 to add to current video collected in the continuing search for Kyron Horman. Video is sought specifically of vehicular traffic from the following locations:
NW Cornelius Pass Rd, NW Germantown Rd, NW Logie Trail Rd, NW Rocky Point Rd, NW Skyline Rd, NW 185th Ave, NW West Union Rd, NW Springville Rd, Bethany Blvd, NW Springville Rd, NW Newberry Rd, NW McNamee Rd, Highway 30 from NW Rock Point to NW Germantown Rd, NW Kaiser Rd, NW Thompson Rd and NW Laidlaw Rd.
Anyone possessing recorded video capturing the areas listed above on June 3rd or June 4th is urged to contact our tip line at 503-261-2847 and leave your name, contact information, preserve the recording and identify the specific location or street address of the video footage.

http://www.flashalertnewswire.net/images/news/2010-06/1276/36006/Request_for_Video_Footage.doc

Shutterfly took the smart route! :D

Here is an article I found.. The video on the article (see the video tab) along with the
comments is pretty interesting..
Now I'm wondering.. could he have got hit if he tried walking home??
That just came to me when I watched the video and saw them pulling the car out
of the creek..

*snip
SCAPPOOSE, Ore. - Cornelius Pass Road is one of the most dangerous stretches of road in Multnomah County, but will it ever get fixed?

http://www.katu.com/news/35645314.html?

Did you notice the poll on that page? It asks "Would you chip in to buy a surveillance camera system for your school?"

My personal opinion is they should pay attention to westward bound video to the coast, since hwy 26 is so close to Skyline, and a quick exit out of the area,

Agree, and I have wondered why they are staying SO close to the school. It's a relatively isolated area for a crime of opportunity.. there are a dozen schools someone would pick for 'better' opportunities.

This is just a little, 300 students (!) K-8.. nothing like our school here close in. Everyone knows everyone.
Which makes me think, someone knows who they need to know. KWIM? :D

I don't know how to make a pretty video insert link (someone else feel free) but if you at all are interested in how there is like nothing out on Cornelius Pass Road, (by the school) watch this video someone made. It's not the greatest quality, I'm almost sure he's coming out on to Corn Pass from Skyline Road, and at around the 4 minute mark or so on the left you will see Sheltered Nook Rd zoom by you.. It ends at the intersection of Cornelius Pass and Hwy 30 (NW Mt St Helens Rd)

Gives you a feel of the terrain for sure..
*vid was made 3 years ago but looks the same

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJIXRCJNzxQ

Thanks for posting this freefallzzzz - such beautiful country there. Just FYI I counted 10 white pickup trucks, not counting a white dump truck on the trip and no white beetles - lol. Didn't realize how popular white trucks were!

OK, one more for me and then I too am out for a while. The more I think about this, the more unlikely it becomes to me that any knid of stranger would think there was even a possibility that Kyron would not be missed right away at school. There, more than anyplace else, you would expect a child to be accounted for or missed, rather quickly. OK, we know this did not happen as it should have, but there had to be a reason, IMO.

My point is that no one could have expected they would have any sort of lead time, AND know they would not be seen. They would have had to expect a possible description of their vehicle or person within a very short time to be called in to LE. So to me, this makes it far less likely that a stranger is involved here, or even another student, as "normally" Kyron should have been noticed missing pretty quickly. We don't know why he wasn't, but I find it hard to believe that a teacher would not notice and that she felt his absence was legit.
Good point!!! Never thought that it would take big huge brass cajones to just swipe a kid outta school. You're right - he should have been noticed right away and would have - had this been any other day.

And the other point earlier today about if the teacher said he was in the bathroom or getting a drink then why did they mark him absent anyway? I know - because he wasn't there!!! Not in the bathroom or at the water fountain.

I'm going to pull back for awhile. I'll keep posting but MOO are just that and will be kept to myself.

OK, here is my map; I outlined the roads in blue. It's pretty much every road leading off both sides of their hill.
It's also all the escape routes out to the highways.

Map

Originally Posted by darlin gal View Post
The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office is requesting recorded video images that may have been recorded from store fronts, private residences, security or any other surveillance recording for June 3, 2010 and June 4 2010 to add to current video collected in the continuing search for Kyron Horman. Video is sought specifically of vehicular traffic from the following locations:
NW Cornelius Pass Rd, NW Germantown Rd, NW Logie Trail Rd, NW Rocky Point Rd, NW Skyline Rd, NW 185th Ave, NW West Union Rd, NW Springville Rd, Bethany Blvd, NW Springville Rd, NW Newberry Rd, NW McNamee Rd, Highway 30 from NW Rock Point to NW Germantown Rd, NW Kaiser Rd, NW Thompson Rd and NW Laidlaw Rd.
Anyone possessing recorded video capturing the areas listed above on June 3rd or June 4th is urged to contact our tip line at 503-261-2847 and leave your name, contact information, preserve the recording and identify the specific location or street address of the video footage.

http://www.flashalertnewswire.net/images/news/2010-06/1276/36006/Request_for_Video_Footage.doc

Shutterfly took the smart route! :D

I'm gonna jump off your post pdx.

So if you look at these maps, it looks as though all of these roads connect. I can't help but wonder if A) a perp kidnapped Kyron and then drove him all over town where he could potentially be seen by people he knows (which seems ridiculous) or B) Kyron left the school and walked all over town (which seems as likely as alien abduction IMO) or C) these roads connect someone's errand list for Friday (and they just added Thursday so it wasn't so obvious).

I was just going through my DVDs looking for something to watch and came across Fatal Attraction. At one point in the movie, Glenn Close goes to Michael Douglas' daughter's school and picks her up. The school thought the mother had taken her, but Glenn Close did it because she wanted to show Michael Douglas what she could do to him if she wanted to (she took the child to an amusement park and returned her home afterwards).

It struck me that you all have been discussing some kind of vendetta against the SF, but it could be a vendetta against any of the four parents.

Just throwing that out there.

So if you look at these maps, it looks as though all of these roads connect. I can't help but wonder if A) a perp kidnapped Kyron and then drove him all over town where he could potentially be seen by people he knows (which seems ridiculous) or B) Kyron left the school and walked all over town (which seems as likely as alien abduction IMO) or C) these roads connect someone's errand list for Friday (and they just added Thursday so it wasn't so obvious).

Or...D) a phone being used now to call in tips was used at these locations on the 3rd and 4th

jmoo

Hunch: The police have a POI. They've had a POI since the first day. Their POI is not under-aged, it's not a deliveryman, and it's not a transient living in the woods. They have not named their POI because once they do, as in all cases like these -- they will lawyer up.

Perhaps it is someone's delivery route.

I wonder *if* he did have a cell and tried to make a call? Maybe they do not want to share this info if someone has him and isn't aware he called or had a phone? maybe they know the phone call came from inside a certain area?

The police have a POI. They've had a POI since the first day. Their POI is not under-aged, it's not a deliveryman, and it's not a transient living in the woods. They have not named their POI because once they do, as in all cases like these -- they will lawyer up.
this is a very interesting statement... and maybe with Step-dad being involved, he is making sure it happens this way.

One thing that is really bugging me here...even people who are being very supportive of the family keep saying that TH was the last person responsible for Kyron.

That is not true. He was at school during school hours. People saw him there as late as 9:00, according to LE.

Even if you want to assume the worst that TH took him, the school is responsible for him once he's there. No one should be able to take a child out of the school without signing him out.

And I'm NOT blaming the school...at least until more details are known. As a teacher and mom I know how crazy it gets and how some parents do just take their kids (or drop kids off) without letting anyone know. But the bottom line is that the school is accountable for where he went.

This is every teacher's worst nightmare, and I truly feel for all of them. But Kyron disappeared on their watch.

I don't think it's anything that organized.. I think it's just all the major roads in the immediate area and they are fishing for whatever.
If you google earth, or street view, you'll find that all that is up there is farm land, or farm land that's been converted to huge housing developments in the past few years (well 15 or so, I am getting old). There are no services to sepak of until you go on the south side of Hwy 26, into Beaverton etc.

When we first moved to PDX in, er, 81.. my sister's b/f lived at 185th and our house way off the Sylvan exit of Hwy 26. I would drive him home occasionally, it it seemed like *forever* to get out there.. like really out in the boonies.
Same for the Beaverton side of 185th; I'd take my sis there for swim practice and the pool complex was literally in an orchard, in "the country".

I think that the roads are basically ALL of the main roads that have any probability of having video installed. Everything else is just residential.

I know this will get missed but I'm going to stick it in here anyway. The reason the wandering off theory bugs me so much is confirmed by looking at the school in google earth. There is a farm immediately behind the school, and then forest. The school is geographically cut off.. there is nowhere reasonable for a 7 y/o to 'wander' off to.
And yet, I don't like the 'snatched from the parking lot' either. More and more and more it's got to be someone he knew, and he left willingly?

OK, one more for me and then I too am out for a while. The more I think about this, the more unlikely it becomes to me that any knid of stranger would think there was even a possibility that Kyron would not be missed right away at school. There, more than anyplace else, you would expect a child to be accounted for or missed, rather quickly. OK, we know this did not happen as it should have, but there had to be a reason, IMO.

My point is that no one could have expected they would have any sort of lead time, AND know they would not be seen. They would have had to expect a possible description of their vehicle or person within a very short time to be called in to LE. So to me, this makes it far less likely that a stranger is involved here, or even another student, as "normally" Kyron should have been noticed missing pretty quickly. We don't know why he wasn't, but I find it hard to believe that a teacher would not notice and that she felt his absence was legit.

I have another take on it myself. I think this was the perfect day for someone to snap up a child from the school. Full of people not typically there, no apparent check in system for visitors and so things were not as they usually are. IMO, this is a day when someone that may not usually be in a school, was in the school and the opportunity presented itself.
OTOH, it may have been someone that is in the school frequently and knew that things were not as they should be and took advantage of that.

Most likely because of the countless, totally senseless cases I have followed for many years I find these both to be entirely possible and this was potentially a crime of the moment with no planning.

Good point!!! Never thought that it would take big huge brass cajones to just swipe a kid outta school. You're right - he should have been noticed right away and would have - had this been any other day.

And the other point earlier today about if the teacher said he was in the bathroom or getting a drink then why did they mark him absent anyway? I know - because he wasn't there!!! Not in the bathroom or at the water fountain.

I'm going to pull back for awhile. I'll keep posting but MOO are just that and will be kept to myself.

The short get away factor has been a sticky problem from the beginning of this case. An "abductor" had to expect the child would have been missed immediately and an alarm raised, so had to get away in minutes or less. Kyron had to have expected the same result if he'd broken the rules and gone outside. It was radical serendipity that his absence was not noted immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?