OR OR - Mark Bosworth, 54, Riddle, 16 Sep 2011 - Cycle Oregon volunteer

https://identifyus.org/cases/9591

Could this be Mark?
Height about right
Weight is off but possible???

I can't post the other pic without blowing the margins... Help?

i think its close, but the UID is too short. Normally, I wouldn't let that make me doubt it, but the shoe size kind of confirms he was a smaller framed man.

having interacted with Mark, he was obviously 6'.

i think its close, but the UID is too short. Normally, I wouldn't let that make me doubt it, but the shoe size kind of confirms he was a smaller framed man.

having interacted with Mark, he was obviously 6'.

It is still very possible, my ex is 6'4 and wears a 10 1/2, an ex boyfriend is 6'1 and wears a 10 and my husband is 6'1 and wears a size 10 also. I kinda thought size 10 was fairly normal for 6'0. Do you know his wife? Can you check his shoe size with her? Depending on decomp he may have been taller than 5'10 (the deceased). It has happened often that info is entered incorrectly also.

I submitted it as a possible match. The ME responed right away and said she would look into it. I hope that Mark is still out there alive and well somewhere. I thought the pics looked too close to ignore. I will let you know what/if I hear back....

http://www.oregonlive.com/cycling/index.ssf/2014/09/three_years_after_his_disappea.html
Three years after his disappearance, Mark Bosworth's family moves on
September 13, 2014 at 7:00 AM, updated September 14, 2014 at 4:24 PM

TYGH VALLEY – Mark Bosworth has been missing for three years.
<snip>
Establishing the Mark Bosworth Fund, a nonprofit which has raised about $23,500 of its $30,000 goal, was just one of the ways Bosworth's wife and daughters are continuing their lives.

Much more at link about the personal achievements of Mark's daughters and the new yoga center created by Mark's wife this past year.
15838224-small.jpg
http://media.oregonlive.com/cycling_impact/photo/15838224-small.jpg

Article from May 2018

“In July of 2017, we received a call from a citizen, who called and said they found a backpack. There were items in the bag that we knew Mark had, and there were also things in there that stated they belonged to Mark,” O’Dell said.

“There was a debit card, a bank card with his name on it, and so we were able to look at that and also we knew he had an iPad, and that iPad was found in the bag as well.”

2011 Cold Case: What happened to Mark Bosworth?

Bumping for Mark
He is still missing. Its been over 10 years.
Cant find any further updates since the backpack being found

<<“In July of 2017, we received a call from a citizen, who called and said they found a backpack. There were items in the bag that we knew Mark had, and there were also things in there that stated they belonged to Mark,” O’Dell said.

“There was a debit card, a bank card with his name on it, and so we were able to look at that and also we knew he had an iPad, and that iPad was found in the bag as well.”

That debit card has not been used since 2011, he said.

Sgt. O’Dell said the woman actually found the backpack months before she turned it in. He wouldn’t say why there was a delay in reporting what she found, citing the active case.

“Based on the information we have, we believe that Mark Bosworth has died,” O’Dell said. >>

Gee, that sounds like a pretty big lead or clue in the case, where was that backpack found and why didn't the woman turn it in right away!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keziah16
Back